Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New Member from New Mexico

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sagrada

New Mexico, USA

New Member from New Mexico

Greetings! The Lord has blessed us with another beautiful day!

I must confess that the Lord has led me to this site, and others like it. As America undergoes a depressing spiritual decline, it seems that my hunger grows for God's truth. I am not a theologian or a pastor, but I do understand the Gospel, and I desire to connect with those who are like-minded. More importantly, I desire the opportunities that God brings forth to reach those that need to hear the Truth. Nothing in this world seems more fullfilling.

At no other time in my life, have I understood how great the spiritual battle has become. My worldly perspective has given way to a biblical worldview, and the need to lay a new foundation in Christ. As this battle rages for all who are in the world, I pray that God's grace will continue to pour into the lives of those who have ears to hear - that they might believe and have faith in Jesus. This is the desire, and the glorious burden I find in my heart.

I ask for your prayers that God will use me fully to do His good and perfect will.

God Bless,
Mike

2010/8/22 8:56Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: New Member from New Mexico

Amen Mike, I agree with you. Just this morning I was reminded that the god of this world has blinded those who don't know Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I tried to share a simple spiritual principle and it was like a dud to the hearer. I am reminded that casting your pearls better be before those who are in a position to benefit from them. My mistake was not asking God to guard the words of my mouth before I speak. I have such a treasure in my heart I just want to share it, but sharing with those how "can't" receive it is foolishness. God help me to be wise. Only regenerate man can understand the things of God, others see it as foolishness. What we treasure the most is lost on the lost until God softens, and captures their hearts.

Bless you brother for your heart and testimony. You have blessed my morning here in Alabama.

Kathy

2010/8/22 9:19Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: New Member from New Mexico

Welcome to the forums Mike. The Lord led me here one day back in 2006, and since that time He's spken many things into my life from the resources found on this site.

May you receive an ever-expanding revelation of God's love and grace for you while here.

Blssings in Christ,

Brother Paul

2010/8/22 9:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Blessings brother!

2010/8/22 10:08Profile
Sagrada

New Mexico, USA

Re: Casting your Pearls...

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your welcome - it has blessed my day.

Yes... "The fool says in his heart, there is no God". Don't be discouraged that your spiritual encouragement to others seems to fall on deft ears. As in all phases of that which leads to the harvest, our Christ-like efforts are an important part of God's plan for helping to populate His Kingdom. Yes... It is true that some seeds fall upon rocky ground, but we must trust in God to cultivate that which He has chosen to grow. This is what happens through a humble heart.

Sharing to the foolish is only foolishness if we neglect to mention the reason for their need of a Savior. It is only when a person truly sees that they are a sinner, that their heart is truly prepared to receive the Good News that Jesus brought to this earth. When you think about it, the Good News is more about bad news, that is, mankind is fallen and will face judgement - mankind is desprately in need of a Savior. When a person's heart begins to open to this reality, it is at this point that the Gospel begins to make sense and their heart truly opens to the Truth.

Much like the return of Jesus to this earth, we cannot know of the place or time when someone will come to receive and believe in Christ. Remember, that accepting Christ is one thing, but believing and having faith in Christ is quite another. This is where a loving Christ-like example helps to reveal to the lost that which can't be found in this world. Trust that God will present you before those that need your witness to the Truth. God will lay before you all you need to touch the hearts of the lost to the depth that God's will desires.

This is born out not in our work to bring people to Christ, but as you point out, in the regeneration of lost souls seeing the Light and seeking the One who can truly save.

In all this, when the power of the Holy Spirit directs you to share the Gospel with someone - listen, and move with speed. Take advantage of the opportunities that God presents before you as a servant of Christ. Know that these opportunities pop up unexpectedly, and know that you will need the "full armor of God" in order to proceed undetoured by the instanteous attacks of Satan. Allow your Christ-like spirit to show, and allow the love in your heart fill the heart of whom you are speaking, that they too can begin to see and feel how God is able to change lives, and the reality of a heavenly hope is greater than that which is in this world.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

Have a great day Kathy, and may God place sonmeone in your path today to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

God Bless,
Mike

2010/8/22 10:09Profile
Sagrada

New Mexico, USA

Re:

Thanks you Christiaan. I appreciate the warm welcome.

Mike

2010/8/22 10:13Profile
Sagrada

New Mexico, USA

Re: Site resources...

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your kind welcome. Your comments remind me of the importance of sharpening each other in our Christian faith. As I explore the Sermon.index site, I am having a great time listening to some of the video sermons. What a blessing to have come across the Sermon.index.

Blessings,
Mike

2010/8/22 10:17Profile

Re:

Hey mike!

hi...good to see another aboard.

God gave me this computer after purging my household from such back near the turn of the century. At first it was refused, but He told me to recieve it with thanks and bless.

After setting everything up, into the search engine was typed "salt and light." Ended up at a houston Church and saw a preacher's name that i was totally unfamiliar with: Paul Washer. A short clip was listened to, then the search engine was used to find Paul's sermon's. Went to audio sermon's site first, but the download time on one sermon did not seem worth the wait, plus all the signing in and whatnot...so in backpaging SI was clicked on...and the rest is history.

This is the homepage on this computer, and is my home in cyberspace. The "miracles that follow the plow" in the discussion forum provides greater opportunities to worship and petition God in prayer. Sermons are put on the ole' mp3 player and played through speakers while working. Many lively discussions with alot of the brothers and sisters here pointing out their views, giving plenty of reasons to search the scriptures and to better research things that one may not be exactly clear about.

God bless you in your further pursuit of God through walking in Jesus Christ.

Shalom and grace to you
through the faithfulness
of the great God and our Saviour:
Jesus the Messiah,
gregg

2010/8/22 14:06
Sagrada

New Mexico, USA

Re:

Hello Gregg,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to see youhave one of those new-fangle computers :-) I can't imagine life without the rich resources of the Internet and good sites like the sermom.index.

I see you found Paul Washer... His "hard message of salvation" is refreshing in these days of watered-down gospels.

I'm looking forward to exploring the sermon.index and reading/listening to the various content. Thanks again for your reply.

God Bless,
Mike

2010/8/22 16:42Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Many blessings to you, and welcome. Be sure to listen to as many Leonard Ravenhill, Art Katz, A.W. Tozer, and Paul Washer sermons as you can.

:-)

2010/8/22 16:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy