SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Jimmy, it appears you have confused Postmillenialism with Amillenialism.

Thank you for pointing out the things you did. I admit, I'm a little bit rusty on my post/amill theology, and sometimes blur them together a little bit. I just ordered a book on the topic, so I hope to refresh my mind about them soon. As it stands, I don't see them being that far apart theologically speaking. There is a bit of an overlap in my opinion.

2010/8/17 18:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

An interesting resource comparing/contrasting the 4 major eschatological views:

http://www.fivesolas.com/esc_chrt.htm

2010/8/17 19:32Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:

As it stands, I don't see them being that far apart theologically speaking. There is a bit of an overlap in my opinion.

Yes, they are similar, especially regarding Israel. The key difference is in the events right before Christ's second coming. Postmills believe in something very close to dominion kingdom theology in my opinion, which to me is very unscriptural.

2010/8/17 19:52Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Historically speaking though, amill's have been very "dominion" minded in their conquests. Rome, Luther, and Calvin all have had no problem with raising the sword to spread the faith.

2010/8/17 19:57Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:

Historically speaking though, amill's have been very "dominion" minded in their conquests. Rome, Luther, and Calvin all have had no problem with raising the sword to spread the faith.

I don't believe their beliefs on a theocracy had much to do with their amil eschatology. I believe it had more to do with their mixing of old and new covenants, similar to Roman Catholocism. We have to keep in mind that the reformers brought much baggage from catholicism into the reformation. That's where they got the idea of hierarchical church government, the focus on "sacred" buildings, etc. Btw John Calvin was postmil.

2010/8/17 21:05Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

A theocratic state seems to be the logical outworking of amillennial theology if we are already living in the millennium. Church and state will naturally blend together. The same can be said of post-millennial theology. Indeed, even in pre-millennial theology, church and state blend together as the world becomes a theocracy.

I don't think one can seperate any millenial theology from the idea of a theocractic state.

2010/8/17 21:14Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Jimmy, I think there is a misunderstanding of amillenial theology here. Amillennialism at its core stresses the spiritual kingdom of God between Christ's first and second coming, which has nothing to do with a mixture of church and state or an endorsement of that at all. Jesus clearly said His kingdom is not of this world. We are in the spiritual millenium, Christ is ruling and reigning in the hearts of His people, and we have victory over the power and dominion of satan through the gospel, not in a physical but spiritual sense. Postmillenialism teaches a sort of theocratic kingdom at the end of this age, not amil.

2010/8/17 21:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Rapture

Quote:

Will the rapture occur in our live time ?

I believe the physical rapture/resurrection of Christians will occur at the end of this present evil age, when Christ returns to judge the nations and usher in the eternal, literal kingdom of heaven. During this end of time there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous, with the righteous being first raised/raptured. I believe this can take place in our life time or much later. No one knows the day or hour except God Himself. We must be prepared at all times.

2010/8/17 22:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'll have to study these things in greater detail.

2010/8/17 22:42Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,make sure you place dan:2 44&45 in your study...just be a wise virgin...be ready now.jimp

2010/8/17 23:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy