SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A short video on speaking in tongues.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re: A short video on speaking in tongues.

No offense to you all but isn't it quick to assume this individuals agenda is to destroy or divide? Looking at how most people operate that are rational we all are looking for some kind of truth some of us are misinformed or have our thinking mixed up and confused. So anyone who hasn't been mixed up theological please cast the first stone. :) I say this in much love for you all that the truth will be revealed and presented through you but without Love you are a resounded gong.

Being quick to judge the intent of this man's heart is definitely not our place so unless the Lord Himself has told you or Mick has told you his intent is to destroy and divide you then I wouldn't jump to that quick of a conclusion. Mick maybe a drive by poster or a one hit poster but we can't assume that, what if he isn't and then comes back to see the things you have all posted about him with him unable to explain or defend himself? Would you enjoy that being doing or said about you? I know I wouldn't.

I am not saying this to be holier than thou but to try and point to a better option then casting theology and verbal tongue lashings for this man. Just because I disagree with him doesn't mean my love for him changes.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/10 5:30Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

See. It's working already.

2010/8/10 5:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: christianissues reasons

Hey Matthew,

Normally, I'm right there with you brother... defending the innocent! I don't know if you followed his link or not but I did and it was created and posted by a "christianissues" on youtube and I think they are one in the same but that doesn't mean I hate him by revealing this.

On to the next question... Have you ever debated with people on youtube? Wow! It's much worse (x 100) than here on sermonindex, I have debated with many who put up that proganda against the gifts in operation today and it's exhausting, so I've stopped!

I'm just saying, a person doesn't create "those kinds" of videos on youtube unless they WANT to debate their point and since christianissues is new here, I believe he posted this to see how well it would be received - to test the waters so to speak! To see if we needed him to show us the way!! (wink wink)

But I do encourage you to follow his link and read his responses to those who disagree with him; and you too, might come to the conclusion that he's NOT "misinformed" or mixed up theologically!! I think he knows what he's doing! Again, just sayin'....

God bless you Matthew!!! If I'm going down the wrong road, I will not hesitate to repent or apologize.

Lysa

(edited for clarity)

2010/8/10 6:40Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I understand what you are saying. I have debated on youtube and other like sites and I have found they get no where, whether we want to admit this or not it gets the same way here on SI with the debating. Everyone has an opinion and most would like to put it out there unfortnately these debates are unprofittable a good portion of the time because when it comes to knowledge and ones opinion Pride generally gets puffed up.

My only warning is to not be so quick to judge a complete stranger, new thing the Lord is working with me on (crazy concept eh?:) I use to be quick to "defend the truth" but the truth can stand on its own and doesn't need me to help it stand. I now try to strive to understand why someone believes a certian way they believe that way for a reason and if you can figure it out then you can at least understand why they think such ways, maybe Mick had a poor experience with Tongues and the gifts and could use a person that can help remove the improper thinking he has developed.

I love this site and the people on it I have grown a lot from the fellowship I have received, if I have over stepped my bounds then I will gladly repent. :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/10 7:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
, maybe Mick had a poor experience with Tongues and the gifts

I cannot speak for Mick, but from my observation this is always the case - those that have seen counterfeit gifts operating will get so upset at how people are sucked into this whorl of deception by supernatural acts that they will actively preach against it. Bentley is an extreme case in point.

Perhaps a good post would be that would inform the readers on how one can discern between the counterfeit and the genuine. The counterfeits appear in many places: the cults, the churches...

2010/8/10 8:08Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Receiving the Love of the Truth

Quote:
ginnyrose wrote:
Perhaps a good post would be that would inform the readers on how one can discern between the counterfeit and the genuine. The counterfeits appear in many places: the cults, the churches...

ginny,

I really don't think there is one answer for what you wrote (which was excellent by the way), I will try to explain how I do my best to watch for the counterfeit and this isn't the only way but this is how the Lord has shown me. and kept me. I humbly submit two ways but I know there are many more so feel free to add everyone!!

Number one is to stay in and study the Word, now I realize that everyone study's from their perspective (I like to call it a bandwagon and I've rode many bandwagon's in my 32 years of following the Lord). As human beings and being born in sin, we tend to read the Bible from our experiences, our arguments, our hurts, our joys, and even our lusts. When we can honestly grow in Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit rise above those things, we can read His word free from all bias.

Number two helps us get to that place... "receiving the love of the truth," (2 Thess 2.10) from what the Jesus through the Holy Spirit speaks to us ABOUT US... about our behavior, about our thoughts, about how we read the Bible and why we read the Bible, and about why we treat other people the way we do but it is all about us and no one else. One on one time with Jesus (It's me oh Lord standing in the need of prayer!).

Zac Poonen's sermon, Lovers of Truth (address below) confirmed my belief about receiving the love of the truth and I highly recommend it to everyone to listen to it again and again.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4268&commentView=itemComments
(remove the 'return' after the period)

God bless you,
Lisa

2010/8/10 12:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: mguldner

Quote:
mguldner wrote:
I use to be quick to "defend the truth" but the truth can stand on its own and doesn't need me to help it stand.

Amen brother, you are absolutely correct!

You have not overstepped your bounds and brother, you not not repent! You keep on defending!!

God bless you Matt!!!
Lisa

2010/8/10 12:21Profile

Re:

Lysa,

Thanks for the link to t Keen Papers.

They are now PDF's on desktop and so far what's been read is quite good.

Shalom,
g

2010/8/10 13:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy