SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi smokey, how many hours do you listen to a mans CURRENT preaching do you listen to before you declare him a wolf.or even alude to one as a wolf? are you an accuser of the brethren or a watchman. is watchman the 10th new testament calling? it is the easiest of them all ao be able to point out error .my wife does that well with me,as i with her.jimp

2012/2/5 9:36Profile

Re: Who comes under wrath?

) the tar-and-feather pharisaical approach to an alleged sinner
2) a person's alleged doctrinal error

"Whenever a concern for another’s error becomes merged with our own fleshly drives, then our own sin is our true business. The other person’s sin is not our business priority – especially when a monstrous “log” occludes our eyesight...Roadsign......

Brothertom.......So here, you discern that our concern for the heretic expulsion is nothing more than error merged within our fleshy desires?....and you see a monstrous "log" in our eyesight? [ For I am one, and the author of this thread. ]

Could this discernment also, as Neil's rage, be derived from sentiments taken from your displeasure from those who disagree with you?

Rather than respond to Scripture, As God has never once dealt with the false prophet except with wrath and excommunication, you brand your detractors as { "a handy cover-up for our own hypocrisy and our fleshly lusts for power and self-righteousness well-propped with bible verses."}..{ Roadsign }

Sounds like your calling them [ me ] names, like self-righteous, fleshy, and power-hungry hypocrites rather than address the Word of God and those who defy it, like the false teacher Driscoll. This is character assassination, and foolish accusation, not a sensible reply nor is it Biblical.

"It makes us feel good. If we have a victim to crucify, we can feel better about ourselves. !"..Roadsign..

Maybe your emotional reply to those like me who expose the liar and resist him makes you feel better about yourself, but I never did. My concern is that The Great Falling Away, which in part Driscoll, and men like him, are promoting. Hell is being filled up, often by unwitting and naive souls who believe another gospel...and if you are your brother's keeper, you will warn him, and rebuke the deceiver too.

Every Holy brother and sister too, that ever was going on with God, desired to resist the wicked and see their family do the same. Paul speaks to a couple here;

1 Timothy 1:19-20

"Keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith."

Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme."...Paul the Apostle.

Some think Driscoll is on the razors edge of this with no repentance in sight, but more-so. So, pointing this out, as so many have done, is to "Crucify him?", in your mind?

In all of your ranting, I have yet to hear your concern for the deceived; the lambs that may be killed believing these permissive doctrines as Godly. They are not.

"another"self-righteous well propped" up Bible verse?

I thought ministers of God used the Bible?..and set their faith within it, as it bears witness to the Holy Spirit?

In my book, a very foolish attitude.

[...edit.. PS: I stated that I started this thread, and I did not. I started a similar thread. I have contibuted though. ]

2012/2/5 9:46

Re: Venom

i think thats the first time you've ever addressed me Tom.

i know in my spirit, you've put a 'mark and avoid' on me, and thats alright.

you accused me of spewing "venom", those here who know and have spoken with me, prayed with me, know that is not the truth as to my nature.

"vemon"? who did the Lord Jesus Christ reserve his most vociferous cutting rebukes for, during His earthly Ministry?....why the most righteous around him, the Pharisees, who had no trouble condemning this one and that one, issuing forth the charge of heretic, or "unclean" at will, reflexive, and the Pharisee's never really went away, because of it's more of a hard hearted spirit, a brittle mean religiousity, first that spirit found home with Constantine, and the birth of the roman institution, and they saw fit to murder torture imprison anyone declared "heretic".....and martin Luther came "out" and a while he proclaimed the Gospel, but after a period, that fell spirit of the Pharisee consumed him....and its just traveled thru the centuries...how many followers of Jesus burned at the stake, or tortured, beaten exiled? and not at the hands of anyone but those within a "church"...whether a 'state" church, or the roman institution, or charismatic neo pharisee, fancying himself as a "watchman", a killer of "wolves", protecting the "flock", that hapless "flock", as if God needed man to 'protect' His Sheep....because this "protection" has led to more murder and disaray within the Body of Christ, than anything.

as the Lord leds, sometimes in my spirit, when i read some of these sin soaked postings, i can actually see, that if the posters themselves were alive, as Israelites during the early 30's AD Earthly Ministry of Jesus, that they would be joining the crowd, red faced, full of fury screaming, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!".

i'm not here to win any popularity contests, or to yes and amen that hard mean and brittle spirit of the pharisee thats comes over this forum. i didnt make those postings in my flesh, or to work out some physchological frustrations inherent in my mind....no, i was prophesying as led by God the Holy Ghost, but me, in myself, i am nothing but a worm of Christ.

am i an apologist for Mark Driscoll? no, i've never even heard a sermon of his, not because you, or anyone else says he's a "heretic", it because the Holy Ghost hasnt drawn me to his ministry. for myself, the men, who's sermons, and exhortations, in audio, i am drawn to are Len Ravenhill and Duncan Campbell, as well as Micheal Brown, thats it...and if you want to call those trophy's of Grace, "heretick", i dont want to be standing where you're standing, and the non-canonical books i read are simple, "Life of Brainerd", "The Diaries Long Lost of John Sung"...you know who he is? ,many say he was the "Wesley" of the Church in China, the underground house Church in China that exists today, and what a vessel that man was!....and in his day, there was a multitude of "pastors" and "believers" who bitterly opposed John Sung, saying terrible things about him. Now,i dont know what awaits me at the Judgement Seat, but i cringe when i think of what some of these Chinese pastor and believers who spoke and did ill towards John Sung, awaited them at that Time. God have mercy on them..

You say "Try an apology"? Many many here who know me, know that when i have sinned in word, i dont hesitate for an instant to repent and beg forgiveness, but i will not apologize for the Leading of the Holy Spirit in what i wrote, because i spoke the truth in Christ.

this forum IS getting that bad, and i am not the only one here Led in such an assessment in Christ.

"revival"?...you want Revival? then as God leads we need to develop a God Hunger, rather than a heresy hunter hunger, we need to start to weep between the porch and the altar, we need a Baptism of tears, instead of a this terrible bellowing ministry of the Log in the eye cyber poster.

2012/2/5 9:52
jimp

Re: Who comes under wrath?

dear tom, have you listened to mr. driscoll preach this year or since he denounced the emergent church movement over a year ago? if you have not , you have no opinion that is worthy of writing or reading .

2012/2/5 9:53Profile

just terrible

Tom, i wouldnt belabor you anymore, but to address a SISTER in the Lord, a woman! in this way:

Quote:
In all of your ranting

thats just wrong, its a wrong spirit, real men dont do that...i've spoke that way to the wife of my youth in the past, and worse, and of all my many sins in life past, thats the one, that broke my once hard heart like a hammer to stone, i've layed on my face, in tears, crying and begging forgiveness from both God and this dear woman, who i love as sister in the LORD, with all my heart and soul, forgave me, Blessed be God, and this very day, our hearts are knit together forever.

my sin(S) was washed in the Blood, and my conscince cleared, but of all of them, my sins, that one, speaking ill to not only my wife, but a woman is the one sin, i sometimes cannot forgive myself for. We are tasked by God Almighty and the Lord Jesus Christ to love and protect our womenfolk, wives and sisters and daughters, from our own dark hearts, and the poison that spills out of them.

i dont know what, God knows, but maybe somethings going on with you, you're witness just doesnt line up with the Blood of the Lamb, and that Perfect Love of Jesus, and i get NO JOY in writing that.....but that line you wrote to Diane is just wrong.

2012/2/5 10:17
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: just terrible

Wow! after reading this whole thread, Mark Driscoll is looking a little better. :)

2012/2/5 10:45Profile

We all need repentance.....But differ on holy options.

"Wow! after reading this whole thread, Mark Driscoll is looking a little better. :)"..MrBillPro.

I see your point! lol....I had to smile too.

For the record, that is the extent of my personal apologetics to my detractors. I meant no ill will, or harm. I stated what I thought to be wise, and not so wise, and did, and do, apply the Word as I know it to these examples. I did not accuse in spirit, but warn.

So, I take it that these opponents of mine like Driscoll? I hope you can glean much life and truth from his ministry. I, for one, though, will continue to warn and oppose what I perceive to be licentious preaching patterns.

[ licentious - lacking moral discipline; especially sexually unrestrained; "coarse and licentious men"
unchaste - not chaste; "unchaste conduct" ]

Also, a spirit of Permissiveness as Freedom in Christ, which is a lie. This leads souls away from Christ, not toward him. I would ask any Godly parent here on SI, if they would desire their children to be discipled by Driscoll? ..after reviewing some of his teaching history?

Be your own judge...I've made my position as clear as possible. Again...be blessed, and let us all repent toward Jesus...all the way.

2012/2/5 11:19

Re: We all need repentance.....But differ on holy options.

good words Tom

Quote:
For the record, that is the extent of my personal apologetics to my detractors. I meant no ill will, or harm. I stated what I thought to be wise, and not so wise, and did, and do, apply the Word as I know it to these examples. I did not accuse in spirit, but warn.

So, I take it that these opponents of mine like Driscoll? I hope you can glean much life and truth from his ministry. I, for one, though, will continue to warn and oppose what I perceive to be licentious preaching patterns.

[ licentious - lacking moral discipline; especially sexually unrestrained; "coarse and licentious men"
unchaste - not chaste; "unchaste conduct" ]

Also, a spirit of Permissiveness as Freedom in Christ, which is a lie. This leads souls away from Christ, not toward him. I would ask any Godly parent here on SI, if they would desire their children to be discipled by Driscoll? ..after reviewing some of his teaching history?

Be your own judge...I've made my position as clear as possible. Again...be blessed, and let us all repent toward Jesus...all the way.

one small point though, it might feel that way, but i am NOT a "detractor"...just writing what was on my heart as Led. the sad thing is, if you knew me face to face, OFF or before this forum, you'd like me, i'm one of the good ones, and i can say that in all sincerity...but good words though, your quoted post. neil

2012/2/5 11:41
roadsign

Re:

To my dear Brothertom,

In my “rant” I attacked no particular sinner, just the sin. I understand from your own words that this is acceptable. I address a pervasive problem which, I might add, has been addressed by many outside of this forum – many far nobler than me. And you are right, I am no better. As they say, it takes one to know one.

Brother, even if you had posted this forum topic, that need not imply that you are guilty by association, although, from what I have read elsewhere, you would perhaps believe so. Certain topics simply tend to titillate the fleshly urges more than others. And this is one of them.

I do not absolve Driscoll. But neither do I condone pharisaically skapegoating anyone for what is really a vastly wider issue – if not one’s own private unconfessed sin issue.

We are dealing with a far broader issue than meets the eye. Remember the sheep metaphor in Ezekiel. When shepherds do not feed their sheep, the sheep wander in arid lands and get eaten. We are dealing also with cultural trends, values, philosophies, and so forth. Besides, nobody here knows the dynamics going on behind the TV screen. If they were Driscoll’s personal counselors, they sure would not be blabbing about him in a public forum. That is a gross violation of trust, and also seriously counter-productive.

Brothertom, YOU are the one who admonished me regarding the need to be intolerant of sin and to denounce evil. So here I am doing it! Why are you angry about that? (I ask rhetorically. I do not seek a response.)

As for me, I repeat:

It is dead wrong to permit the pearls of the kingdom to become a feeding trough for swine (or swine-ish nature) by scooping in choice nuggets of somebody else’s perceived sin problem.... at the expense of people's own spiritual well-being.

Diane

2012/2/5 13:37Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

The Word of God doesn't say wide is the gate, and broad is the road that leadeth to everlasting life.
I do think that some have a different idea of what conversion is than what I do. I, like the 1John as a good touchstone. It has been brought to my mind also that "the righteous are scarcely saved", and to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
I never said that Mark wasn't converted either; although, I did say that I wonder of his conversion experience and how that did take place - no, I'm not trying to be smart. But, there's a cost in conversion - everything. Denying oneself, and taking up te cross - hating one's own life.
I recall the story from Colin Peckham whom said he was at a great convention and God was working mightily. One of his sisters said something to him like, "I feel like going amongest these people and kicking them." Colin replied, "Suzy, what on earth are you talking about?" She then said, "they all look so pious, so spiritual; but if I went amongest them and starting kicking them, I wonder what would come out of them then?!"
God is mightily able to save to the uttermost! Leonard Ravenhill said, "so you think you are saved? What are you saved from? Are you saved from temper?", (coveting, slandering, etc).
I don't truly believe that I have been railing after the man, nor slandering him. I picked out a few things that he did, things he said he did, after "God told him" to go and start up a church, and said they were wicked. Now, if he repented of those things, that is indeed a beautiful thing - glory be to God!

2012/2/6 15:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy