SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : An Open Letter to my Sisters in Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Also, just to make clear on what I said before, so it doesn't seem like I'm coming off one sided on this issue. The type of "Christian" guys who would chase after the "Christian" girls who try to lure them with their flesh, are absolutely just as guilty. Neither have the mind of Christ.

I'm just trying to shed some light on what goes on inside the male mind, for the 50% of the world who will (fortunately) never experience it themselves.

2010/5/30 22:37
BeingMolded

USA

Re:

I appreciate your post so very much. I also watched the you tube video that was on an earlier post which is very good. I have worked with the public for several years and observed how women dress which makes me blush in shame for them and I am a woman. I have had girls gripe about some guys that can't keep away from them and never stop to see it is their fault by what they are wearing and how they conduct themselves. We are "to dress modestly with shamefacedness" 1 Tim.2:9, which implies a certain shame in exposing the body. The source of modesty is in a persons heart or inner character. In other words the outward manifestation of inward purity. If the inside is pure it will show up on the outside not only by our dress but our manner of speech and actions.

2010/5/31 0:23Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Can't we all just simply say we are all to blame and guilty? Playing the blame game on this issue would be quite silly to present your case before a Just and Holy God on judgment day, I can just see men and women alike stammer with notecards as to why they aren't to blame for their sins when in reality we just need to look at the evidence and agree its strongly against us and that we need mercy. This would probably constitute as a meaningless argument because there would never really be a winner in this we either all agree that we are all to blame and guilty in God's eyes whether we are actually to blame or not, or we have a 100+ post thread that profits no one. We can simply draw to this simply conclusion Women dress purely, Men keep your Eyes pure. Problem solved :) I am sure this will get pelted with some kind of disagreement but I pray that it doesn't that for the sake of peace we all take the blame that we are responsible for and do our part in helping our brothers and sisters with their walk in Christ :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/5/31 1:23Profile
christreigns

Re: An Open Letter to my Sisters in Christ

Dear brother,

I am so happy for you. You just described my mind.

I had trouble with this topic for so long. I actually downloaded sermons from this site on modesty inorder to learn what is modest.

Not that I was unaware of it. But to realise that its true, a large number of professing Christians are not modest in their apparel. It's been something I found very hard to overcome.

Out of His great mercy, the Holy Spirit asks me to turn my eyes away from evil, and thats what I have been doing when confronting such things. The world around is just getting worst. I hate watching my television and also hate walking around in malls. Because I am not super strong and I am prone to wander.

Brother, I am so happy that you were honest.

God bless you and also all those who give their ears to the Lord.

In Christ,
Joe

2010/5/31 1:54Profile

Re:

Matthew

It is not a blaming game but a plea for men to admit some responsibility here in producing a society where women feel devalued and in need to compete with each other in this way to find a man or to gain some right to be heard and noticed. I am not saying that women are innocent but unless men do accept some responsibility nothing will change.

2010/5/31 2:29
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I understand completely I accept full responsibility for what I am responsible for :)

2010/5/31 2:32Profile

Re:

But what about injustice Matthew? Should one wash ones hands of every injustice just because one sees only ones own actions as imporant?

2010/5/31 3:13
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I can only do my part though, I can promote Modesty however I can't make anyone do anything, I can however set a Godly example for other men to follow. With this attitude from the entire Christian community if it is truly as large and influential as it sometimes says it is then the media would have to be changed. However In all of this I keep in mind that God will be looking solely at my heart and deeds to judge me and He will look solely at your heart and deeds when He judges you. I understand being my brother's keeper but if I correct my brother and he refuses to change and I go through the process of Matthew 18 sets up then I have done all I can. I won't be judged for your actions and so ultimately it is my actions that matter for my case on Judgment day however looking at the Word of God I am already greatly disqualified without Christ and His precious Blood.

2010/5/31 3:25Profile

Re:

Matthew

There are non male believers who speak out against the discrimination of women in society and who support women who demand to be treated in the same way as men but no Christian voices that I hear nor acknowledgement and regret that men do treat women as second class citizens and recognition of the relative powerlessness of females in society and pressures on them to present themselves as sexual toys, which has increased in recent times and undermined all of the progress that was made earlier last century in equality. It is not that long since women did not have the vote because they were thought of as incapable of rational thought. I do not think that God will overlook this injustice when men come to the judgement seat, not that they did not do it themselves but turned a blind eye to it going on around them.

2010/5/31 3:37
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am not turning a blind eye, I am saying that I am trying to set a godly example for others to following and promoting modesty and equality for women. I again will take full responsibility for any and all blame that is afforded to me, God will not hold me responsible for the actions of others especially if I am doing my part in this fight for Godliness. I believe this is a vain argument since I believe we can all agree that this is a problem and that women should be treated equally.

2010/5/31 3:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy