SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False teachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Trav...

dear brother you wrote,

" I believe strongly that the gifts of the Holy Spirit as outlined in 1 Corinthians are active in the church today, and have occasionally seen the Holy Spirit use me in one or more of these gifts."

amen, and sight unseen, my spirit tells me, you wouldnt be so foolish as to give false testimony, and i believe as to what you testify is true when you say the Lord has blessed you with these Gifts to build up the Body. I KNOW you fear God, and if one fears God, they aint going to be playing with the Deep Things of God. i have seen the exercise of the Gifts, only once did i witness one dear man in the flesh, and my brother Ted quickly sat him down.

you continued:"There are others who would immediately label me a false teacher if I was to teach this as it does not agree with their own interpretation of things. I think this is what Neil is concerned about. Am I right?"

yes, you said it much better than i could ever hope to. my mentor has said i should "pastor" or "preach", and i dont have the Call, i know myself, and take the warnings of Jeremiah 23 VERY SERIOUSLY.

sometimes i dream of a little church in the wildwood, just preach the Word, have meals together, and hold weekly (daily?) prayer meetings, and the "sign" above the Church would say one Word---------"JESUS"...thats it-----JESUS, and He is more than enough of a Beckon to burdened sinners and saints.

But i'm too wretched and messed up to even think of doing as such.

you concluded Travis with this:

"If there are obvious and blatant teachings that violate the basic doctrines set forth by Christ and by the writers of the epistles, I would probably have a conversation with the teacher and bring these things up. If the person would not heed sound doctrine, I would not sit under the teacher. I would find another teacher to sit under."

There it is.

make it plain, and the funny thing is this, violations of the most BASIC Christologic doctrine are ALWAYS "obvious and blatant"......just like rotten meat, you never have to ask, "is that meat bad?" coz the smell fills the air.

neil

2010/4/29 18:58
RoseM

Hazelton, BC, Canada

Re:

Lysa asked:

Quote:
Can you give us a hint as to what she is teaching "falsely?"

This situation is pretty clear in my mind. This woman in married to a man in our house church. She is a very zealous follower of Ellen G. White. She is actively evangelising me to win me over to her church. She believes things like that if someone keeps a Sunday Sabbath that they have taken the mark of the beast and that the tribulation will most certainly be in her lifetime.

There may very well be SDA's that are true believers but I think that if they follow the path far enough it leads away from Jesus and to destruction.

2010/4/29 19:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Rose, I think you know the answer...

It is rare that when a person places another human writer above the WORD that error will not result.

My suggestion is that you confront her but know this it will likely not get you anywhere so be prepared for it. The reason I am suggesting you confront her is because she is a part of your house church. I would also suggest that the confrontation occur with both (I assume you are married) husbands present - yours and hers.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/4/29 19:37Profile
RoseM

Hazelton, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:
My suggestion is that you confront her but know this it will likely not get you anywhere so be prepared for it. The reason I am suggesting you confront her is because she is a part of your house church. I would also suggest that the confrontation occur with both (I assume you are married) husbands present - yours and hers.

She's not a part of our house church. She came a couple of times and the second time gave a new believer an Ellen White book. The men in the group asked her husband to either not invite her or to tell her that she may come as a guest only and to not distribute SDA materials.

I do plan to confront her. I've got some materials that she's lent me so I'm simply going to give them back to her explaining that I no longer want any SDA materials and I'm going to give her an article that shows that Ellen White fails the tests for a biblical prophet.

I need to discuss with my husband how I'm going to deal with her after the confrontation. I simply wanted to get some scripture to mull over and to add to the discussion.

2010/4/29 20:10Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Well, I thought she was a friend of yours when I responded the first time! I googled "ellen white" and exposed came up along with her name and there are LOTS of sights you can look into for extra ammunition when going to her. I had no idea who ellen white was before yesterday and asking a friend about her!

Yes, I agree with you that she needs confronted! Ginny advised along with her husband and that is a really good idea, so she can't go back and start a "she said, I said" argument him and plant doubt in his mind. I really hope she wants to "receive the love of the truth" from you guys.

God bless you, Rose!

2010/4/30 6:02Profile
KJVmomma1982

Re:

I've stumbled on this particular thread with a hope to find encouragement in confronting a fellow sister in Christ at my church. However, I saw here that you, Natan4Jesus, has said that God send His Only son Jesus, as a Light to the Gentiles.

A small correction, Jesus didn't come for us first, brother. He came as a fulfillment of the promise that God first made with Adam, the Covenant with Abraham, and then followed with the Jews. Once they rejected Jesus as Messiah then He went out to the Gentiles. We have been "graphed on" thanks to their rejection. Don't you think that their refusal broke God's heart? His chosen people, the apple of His eye, refusing to accept the one thing they had been waiting for. A Messiah, Savior, the One to set them free...though He wasn't what they had thought He'd be.

I've noticed lately a lot of Christians today who refuse to accept this. Just like they refuse to accept that Jesus' Jewishness. It amazes me how these people who say they are deeply seated in the word of God yet the fruits of their knowledge suggests otherwise.

2010/5/4 19:27Profile
Jeremy221

Re: False teachers

The Lord lead me to this message by Bill Mcleod entitled "Little Foxes and Dead Flies". I think it is needed in this discussion.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15980&commentView=itemComments]Bill Mcleod - Little Foxes and Dead Flies[/url]

Blessings,

Jeremy221

2010/5/4 20:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy