SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : holiness?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
wind_blows

holiness?

If a person professes to be a follower of Christ and does not care about holiness are they truly saved? Can you really be saved and not care about the things of His Kingdom?

in HIM
ellie

2010/4/28 12:09Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: holiness?

Only those who partake of His divine nature;
which is holiness, will be invited and welcomed
in His kingdom !!

2010/4/28 12:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Maybe that person's understanding of holiness is clouded.

I suppose we are familiar with the scripture in Hebrews that tells us without holiness we will not see the Lord.

Also, the word of God tells us to be holy for God is holy.

Holiness is total seperation from this world.

If we don't want seperation from this world, and do not want to be holy as God is holy, then, we are lost.

2010/4/28 13:30Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
Maybe that person's understanding of holiness is clouded. I suppose we are familiar with the scripture in Hebrews that tells us without holiness we will not see the Lord. Also, the word of God tells us to be holy for God is holy. Holiness is total seperation from this world. If we don't want seperation from this world, and do not want to be holy as God is holy, then, we are lost.

This is a great point. This person does not want to seperapte themselves from "some" things of this world. I do want to be careful though because you are also correct in saying that it does depend on what a persons understanding of hoilness is. I think I will do some research on that and see what the Bible standard is:)

Thank you most kindly for the replies
in HIM
ellie

2010/4/28 13:47Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

The best example for holiness is Christ, i always liked the quote from Keith Daniel i think it is. "holiness without Christ is heresy"

Many do abstain from the world and fleshly lusts, but the aroma of christ still seem missing somehow. Holiness is Christlikness... may we all pursue that standard

2010/4/28 15:41Profile
wind_blows

Re:

A selfish desire for happiness is as sinful as any other selfish desire. Its root is in flesh which can never have any standing before God.... People are coming more and more to excuse every sort of wrongdoing on the grounds that they are “just trying to secure a little happiness...”

The effect of this modern hedonism (pleasure seeking) is felt also among the people of God. The gospel is too often presented as a means toward happiness, to peace of mind or security. There are even those who use the Bible to “relax” them, as if it were a drug.

How far wrong all this is will be discovered easily by the simple act of reading the New Testament through once with meditation. There the emphasis is not upon happiness but upon holiness. God is more concerned with the state of people’s hearts than with the state of their feelings. Undoubtedly the will of God brings final happiness to those who obey, but the most important matter is not how happy we are but how holy.

The whole matter of personal holiness is highly important to God!... Morally, we dare not ignore this commandment, “Be ye holy.” (A.W. Tozer)

in Him
ellie

2010/4/28 15:51Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Ellie wrote:

Quote:
Can you really be saved and not care about the things of His Kingdom?
Quote:

Imagin you were a subject of a great King whom you love for being just and caring to his people, would you not care about the peace of his just kingdom? If you didnt than you would have been an hypocrite. It is not much different with Jesus Christ and his kindgom, if we truly love him we will care about his kingdom of peace,righteouness & joy.

Many christians are in a carnal state of heart and many who are carnal just deny the possibility of being carnal because their theology does not leave any room for such a word. Scripture is clear, if you are a christian you either live in the Spirit or live in the flesh. You either crusify the flesh with its pasions & evil desires ot you dont.You either bear fruit or are barren.

Many people have been converted and have been born of God, and im sure that if you have the posibility and ability to examine there spiritual state, you will find out that the majority is backsliding. And there are different subtle forms of backsliding, from outward rebelion of someone who goes back to the world like a prodigal son, to a sophisticated backslider who very orthodox, reads the bible often, prays often, goes to church and puts efforts to be a good moral christian.

Not many are those who keep their hearts clean by the blood and soften by grace. who have a daily relationship with Jesus, and know by experience the power of sanctifying grace to transform their lives into the likeness of Jesus.

2010/4/28 20:10Profile
jimp

Re:

holiness is not total separation from worldliness...holiness is not a lot of things we claim...holiness is the prescence of God...you are holy if you are in Christ...you are holy because Christ is in you...the hope of glory...how else can you have holy ground...holy bible etc.walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh...holiness is the walking in the spirit...john 3 16 has a little greek word ens which clearly means into not in or on...en...if we are not to call a man good how can we call him holy apart from God.jimp

2010/4/28 21:33Profile

If a person professes to be a follower of Christ and does not care about holiness are they truly saved? Can you really be saved and not care about the things of His Kingdom?

in HIM
ellie

NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION...
...not yesterday and not tomorrow.

Just because someone, whether carnal or not, once experienced the work of salvation at a certain point in time, does not mean they are walking in the EXPERIENCE of IT in the NOW. Salvation is a present tense process anticipating it's full reality in the future.

The question should not be "are they saved?", because they may have been at one point. The question should be, "are they living in the regenerative power of God now?"

Jesus is Faithful and True. Even so, because He remains unchanging, if we deny Him our thoughts, our words, and/or our deeds, in the same manner we are a-voiding Him, he will deny us.

Nobody but One can really determine if a person is walking towards The Way of Jesus Christ.

Only by another's conversation (aka: daily walk), with the witness of the Spirit of Jesus Christ to you, can you rilly know yourself if another is found in Him. This Spirit is not of your judgement(alism), so going around questioning whether another is or not is not for you to even question.

God did not save you to judge things not relative to your life.

If God is saving you, it is to judge yourself. Like mom and dad and all my grandparents sometimes scolded me, "Mind your own business. You have more than enough on your plate already."

If neccessary, SOMETIMES, His Spirit REVEALS to you the NEEDS for the heart condition of another. Walking in Him ministering His life to person(s) of your dealing, in the interest of their better welfare (and yours), this is a time for you to get on your knees, if not in your body, at least in your heart.

This is your business: the message of reconciliation from God to the whole world... and if you are going to beat anybody over the head with this, beat your own head until this sinks deep in your own heart, so all that you see and intend is to give the life of Jesus to others in what you do, as well as what you think and say.

If you are being saved, there will always be two concerns on your mind in regard to becoming a more active happy joyful healthy child of God.

Salvation's first issue is holiness, knowing you are being selected as part of God's family. You are being called out from the world and following Jesus NOW: SO YOU ARE distinctly different. This we take part in through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Holiness means that we become nothing like anything in this world, paradox to everything that is in it. To live, we die. To mature we become like a child. To be exhalted we humble ourselves and on and on the realizations come through growing into Jesus Christ. In this we are apprehending His nature.

What comes through this knowledge into holiness, is what God has created at the very core of our being, before we could even understand what salvation is all about. This second part is called sanctification. We take part in this through the body of Jesus Christ.

Seperating ourselves towards serving God's purpose in purity, we are apprehending His Life.

The last part of the regenerative process is experienced first and the first part comes last. Being made different, adopted into the family of our Father, we grow in Him. As he made us, we are purified to become renewed taking on the mind of Christ, becoming a living sacrafice <-(talk about an oxymoron,)- teachable to become more like a child of God, through word, thought, and deed.

How's that for Nutshell Theology 101 ?

If you want the verses, at the backdrop of looking for Jesus in everything you read in the Bible, just read with these two things regarding salvation in mind. You can see them in everything from Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21.

Many are decieved into thinking that because they did something, God's gotta' accept them.

It's not about you being able to do anything, because there is nothing you can do that pleases Him.

Losing our self-sufficient pride every moment every day and accepting the gift(s) he has already provided is what His Life in the living is all about.

There is only one thing alone that pleases God: Heb. 11:6.

If anybody tries to teach or tell you anything different, recognize them for what these things really are: doctrines of demons.

Agapeo,
g
Acts 20:32

2010/4/29 6:59
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
Only by another's conversation (aka: daily walk), with the witness of the Spirit of Jesus Christ to you, can you rilly know yourself if another is found in Him. This Spirit is not of your judgement(alism), so going around questioning whether another is or not is not for you to even question.

I do walk daily with this person, they profess to be saved but have no desire for the things of His Kingdom and they do not see a need to live a holy life. I am not judging this person, I am asking a question based on their fruit if they are saved because there is a very real chance that they are deceiving themselves. I happen to believe we are to walk with our brothers and sisters and encourage them in the Lord. If one still has the same relationship with sin that they did before they came to Christ I think that is very telling and should be addressed in love, in Christ Jesus.

I take seriously that we are our brothers keeper:) In another words we are their to help and support one another, and those times when we see a sister in sin, in love we share with them in hopes that they will repent and turn to God:)

Just some of what the Lord is placing on my heart thus far:)

in HIM
ellie

2010/4/29 10:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy