SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I was shocked

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

I was shocked

I was out to lunch today for a special treat for my son, we went for a burger and frosty. While waiting in line I was so shocked at the conversation between a mom(this lady looked older then me) and her teenage daughter. Apparently the daughter had just come from ditching her classes at school. She was meeting up with her mom at the restaurant because she had jumped another girl. The mom asked how the fight went and if her daughter had beat the girl up? They both used a lot of foul and vulgar language. They were talking so loud that everyone in the restaurant could hear them. When the mom realized that she had been over heard she announced that she was such a quiet girl when she was a teen and never got into any trouble. Then she went on to tell the daughter that beating up the other girl was right because that other girl had given her no choice, her daughter had told the girl to shut up but the girl would not so she felt her daughter justified in physically attacking this other girl. The two continued on talking about the fight, and the language was awful. I guess I should not be surprised but I was just so shocked that this mother would condone this kind of talk and behavior from her teenage daughter. I was stunned! The only time this mom got upset with her daughter for this fight was when her daughter told her she had been bitten on the hand and that the other girl drew blood when she bit her. The mom went off on string of obscenity and taking Gods name in vain all because she was now going to have to take her daughter in for a tetanus shot.

I just don't know what to think, has the world really degenerated to such a state that this is a normal conversation between mothers and daughter?? No one needs to answer that, I know that it has.

Dear Lord how grieved you must be when you look at this fallen world

God Bless
mj

2010/4/23 17:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: I was shocked

Unfortunately, MaryJane, there is much worse behaviours out there. I have concluded that God is justified for bring judgement against those who spurn him. I know God desires all to be saved from eternal punishment, but not all want to pay the price by surrendering their will to His. So you now see the results of a life lived in rebellion. Sad, I know.

And I suppose this was a good lesson for your son? How awful ungodly behaviours can be? People usually do not get there overnight - it is a slippery slope greased by lusts and rebellion of all kinds.

ginnyrose

2010/4/23 17:14Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: I was shocked

I believe the answer to this is like that in Judges "everyone did as he saw fit."

2010/4/23 19:36Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Ginnyrose

I was ordering our lunch to go so my son was waiting for me in the car. I was thankful that he did not have to listen to the exchange. There were other much younger children in the restaurant though that unfortunately were subjected to it. The more I think about it the more I just am so thankful to God that I have been able to home school my children. From their conversation it was clear that this fight occurred on school grounds.

I know these kinds of things happen in the world and sadly that they are common, I just pray for the girl who got attacked, that she is ok and I pray for this mother and her daughter that they would see their sin and see their need for Jesus.

God Bless
mj

Edit: When I said I was thankful my children are home schooled i was not judging those who go to public school. I just am thankful because some schools can actually be dangerous and I am glad my children are not in these places where there is a real chance they could be harmed.

2010/4/24 1:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Sinners are sinners. We should not be shocked when they act like what they are.

2010/4/24 7:08Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Jimmy
I think you missed the point, for me what was
shocking was the way this mother was with
her daughter. This mom condoning her daughter
beating another girl up, just really is sad and to me
speaks to just how acceptable it is to physically
hurt another in today's world.
I know people sin, apart from Jesus I was a sinner to
but I hope I don't ever loose my sensativity
to things like this, I pray God will always keep
my heart soft and sensative so that I do not
become hard or uncaring to these situations. What
I saw yesterday was an reminder of how
sinful this world is and how great is the need for
Jesus.

God bless
mj

2010/4/24 10:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane, I am not Jimmy but you made this point:
"This mom condoning her daughter
beating another girl up, just really is sad and to me."

Did you know there are moms that will force their pregnant daughters to get abortions? Many ignorant pro-lifers think that by passing laws requiring parental consent will result in fewer abs - it might a few but that is all. It could easily work the other way as well.

Sister, there are too many moms out there who have the mentality of a two year old: "what is yours I want and if you do not give it to me, I will take it; and if you resist, I will fight for it!" This mentality has fueled a litigious mentality in adults, made legitimate by some money hungry lawyers. It is so bad here in our community we are cautious who we hire at our business!

ginnyrose

2010/4/24 11:05Profile
MaryJane

Re:

ginnyrose

Quote:
Did you know there are moms that will force their pregnant daughters to get abortions?

That is so terrible, I know it happens and its heartbreaking. I had three friends in high school who all got abortions but none of their moms knew what was happening.Sadly I do not know if it would have made a difference if they had known. They all went through planned parenthood and then over to the women clinic to get their abortions. I know here where I live sin is just as rampant, but it still took me by surprise to see a mom behave like that. I just kept thinking and these are the mothers who are raising the next generations? You are right of course there are many moms out there who are selfish and very immature and they raise selfish children, it becomes a cycle unless Christ comes along. I know you have such a heart for these moms and their children, I am thankful for that.

I guess I wonder what ever happened to motherhood, and parents who truly care about their children. Parents who take time to teach their children, right from wrong?
Thank you for allowing me to share this, it has been on my heart and I have just been praying for both girls and the mom.

God bless
mj

2010/4/24 11:26Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

This exchange could very easily have been any one of us that visit this website.

What is it that you have that separates you from the behavior displayed by these degenerates?

I doubt we seriously reckon these facts as often as we ought.

I am aware that apart from the grace of God I could be one very much like a Hitler or Stalin.

2010/4/24 15:17Profile

Re:

"Dear Lord how grieved you must be when you look at this fallen world'

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son........."

I am not sure how one can love the world and at the same time call them degenerates.Its so easy to love those that love us, but to love the unloveable is supernatural.........brother Frank

2010/4/24 17:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy