SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can a woman teach???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Scripture is not interpreted . It is revelation from the teacher the Holy Spirit.

2010/4/27 2:21
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
one's emotions can be to the decision making process

I definitely see this with my wife, I love her though and I can definitely see why there is a need for balance. My wife refers to me as a robot with no emotions because I don't cry on sappy movies. :) Men are definitely missing apart of us that a woman provides such as emotions and generally woman show more compassion than a man.

2010/4/27 2:39Profile

Re:

If the two are one my wife can teach if I ask her to correct?

2010/4/27 2:44

Re:

Can you tell me where I can study this info.?

2010/4/27 2:47

Re:

by dmoney on 2010/4/26 22:44:58

If the two are one my wife can teach if I ask her to correct?

Ask God.

It varies from situation to situation.

If you are not sure, follow Paul's adminition.

The big issue is whether you are clear enough about what God says in His Word that your wife even in the role of teaching remain in subjection, and if she cannot, she is going to have alot of emotional baggage to deal with along with whatever she deals with already.

One BIG problem i have seen often is that women, being multitaskers, often focus on the group and not God when teaching.

Men on the other hand, have little trouble with this.

If a woman has a strong urge to teach a mixed group, never let her.

Women with women and/or children works a whole lot better.

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/4/27 7:54
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Brenda,

I sense in your post a woman who has experienced abuse by a trusted(?) male. I am so sorry for all the females who have been violated as such. This is a tragedy of serious proportions. It will impact a victim for life. What compounds the tragedy is that it was inflicted by the gender whose purpose is to protect the 'weaker' person but instead have used her to satisfy a moment's pleasure.

Brenda, I just wish you and other victims would be able to get beyond the wounds and allow the Holy Spirit to heal those hurts. One cannot undo the past but one can let go and trust in the WORD, whether we understand all the commands of not. We must learn to be obedient whether we like this command or no. We live by faith - doing what God says and trust Him for the results.

Our attitude towards males and their God given roles must be upheld, supported, encouraged by females regardless of our negative experiences with them in the past. Was my dad perfect? My grandfather, whom I adored? Or, my bishop-Uncle? No, absolutely NO. Males are fallen humans like we and they have weaknesses to deal with, just like we do. We cannot look to them as perfect humans without the possibility of failure. We fail and we expect others and God to forgive us, do we not? Should we not also extend this mercy and grace to them as well?

Sister, may I suggest that if there are males in your circle of family or acquaintances who abuse females that you distant yourself from them. You can not fix them. And cry out to God that he will in his mercy and grace restore to you that what has been lost. And please do not hold all males responsible for the failings of some.

God bless you, Brenda....

ginnyrose

2010/4/27 9:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Women with women and/or children works a whole lot better.

Reminds me of Titus 2:3-5.

And this IS a tall order. Teach unruly children...or, rather teach woman how to take control of their kids.

Our church has been hosting VBS for several years now with the focus on reaching out into the community. Most of these community chidren come from one-parent homes...and they 'bounce off the walls'. All because of lack of training in the home....

Sisters, we have a huge job: teach these yong women to love their husbands and children: stay out of bed with other men! and do not make babies with them! This is sin!!! When you violate God's command you bring chaos upon yourself and society.

And the females do NOT want to be taught - but we do not surrender to these rebellious folks. We persist and keep on, and keep on. Tall order, ladies!

ginnyrose

2010/4/27 9:21Profile

Re:

Sorry for the long post don't know what happened?

2010/4/27 12:06
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: issue

Quote:
by snufalapagus on 2010/4/26 6:44:17

Lysa said: Instead it should be the woman who is `ruling` man

---------------------------

I am not the one who typed that sentence. So I feel compelled to take issue with you saying I said it!! If you would, would you please provide where I say that particular sentence?

Thank you!

2010/4/27 14:08Profile

Re:

You know when I look at the times that Jesus address issues with women he was always on the side of the woman. The woman with the issue of blood , she was unclean when she touched Jesus but she received her healing and Jesus said not a word about it about the fact that she was unclean. The woman at the well asked him why he was talking to me for I am a Samaritan and Jews are not allowed to associate with Samaritans. The experts in the law said is it lawful to heal people on the sabbath .  He responds with ," which one of you would not pull your oxen out of the ditch on the sabbath" The women caught in adultery should have been stoned according to the law but Jesus ends up saying neither do I condemn you. When a prostitute pours an alabaster box on Jesus . Judas protested but Jesus approved. When questioned why his disciples work on the sabbath Jesus says he is the Lord of the sabbath. He also says if you would have known what this means , I desire mercy not sacrifice you would not of pronounced the innocent guilty. He referred to David when he was on the run from King Saul and he ate the consecrated bread. Jesus said mercy faithfulness  and love for God was the more important matters of the law. It seems that this teaching the way it is being presented is legalistic and oppressive. Jesus said that we were not to use our authority to lord over people and it seems to me that this is what many people are saying. I mean a woman can not even share a word in church. You mean as a pastor I can not ask my wife to share a giving teaching or share a revelation. God has used my wife on several occasions to teach me about a situation that was coming up in our lives through a dream. Because she is filled with the Holy Spirit , the Teacher. The dream came to past and I know the devil was not warning me about what he was planning to do. This feels like bondage not the perfect law that gives freedom, Love. I would rather have my wife share a word than most of the pastors I see on TV that are teaching false doctrine . If a woman can be a judge and a prophet why can't she teach? What about the great commission go make desciples of all nations . Does that includes women ? Are the to make disciples of all? The command says all.  

2010/4/27 19:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy