SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can a woman teach???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

"The bible says that there is neither male nor female in Christ but we are one." - rbanks

Again rbanks. Not used in context.

2010/4/25 19:03Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, when len ravenhill would preach at my home;quite often martha would say now thats enough len it is getting late and he would close.sometimes teaching comes in many forms... the woman at the well became an evangelist as Jesus waited for her.He did not rebuke her in sin or evangelism. schouls to this day separate men and women in there services.a woman in the back can hardly ask her husband in front a question without a disruption.some of you would make fine muslims with your phariseeical(never could spell)attitudes.jimp

2010/4/25 19:34Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

"some of you would make fine muslims with your phariseeical(never could spell)attitudes.jimp"

Come now jimp. You disagree with someone, so you then equate them with other satanic religions?

I beleive that my further involvement in this thread would be unfruitful.

2010/4/25 23:06Profile

Re:

I would like to talk about misogynism.

The church has actually been the main instigator in the continuation of this prejudice due to the idea that Eve was responsible for the fall of man.

When the world hears that the church says that man should rule over woman, this only backs up the abuse.

In fact, the way the love relationship works is that the man will work to please the woman and do the giving and the woman will receive what the man gives and show her pleasure which makes the man feel proud that he makes his woman happy and gives him his satisfaction. She will then be happy to let him be the leader as she will trust him.

For a woman to be able to submit and be a willing sex partner, she needs to feel that the man is utterly committed to the relationship and puts it first. It is not safe for her to be submitting to a man under any other terms because it is she who bears the brunt of conception and child raising. This has been programmed into woman by God in order to keep her safe from the man who after all has all the power in most societies, and commits most of the crimes against the opposite sex. The woman is weaker not just because of her child bearing role but also because she is the vulnerable one in a love relationship. A man can have sex without forming a deep bond but a woman cannot unless she has been damaged, and even so the bonding is occuring but she is in denial. He also has the role of the instigator of the love relationship.

It is traditional that it is the woman who dies of a broken heart - ther man often can just move on to his next conquest.

The woman who has been abused in her childhood has not developed a deep sense of her own value, and herself as a person, and she will lose herself and become the giver instead with her man which will not be beneficial to either. This is what is meant by ruled by her husband. It is not what God planned, it is the result of the fall of men. It is a curse. Instead it should be the woman who is `rulling` man, first of all by being his equal or helpmeet and secondly by her confidence in herself and lack of neediness in having to have herself affirmed by him so that he can open up his heart to her and feel safe with her in revealing his emotions which are a world of mists for him and which she can help him understand and he will then deeply bond with her and satisfy her own needs.

The church should be working to combat the misogynism in our societies and standing aginst the abuse of women not enforcing it by some of the attitudes seen on this thread.

Where are the men who are fighting against the sex abuse of young girls by men? Where are the men who want to stamp out rape? It is on a huge scale compared to the abuse of boys and then it is usually men too.Where are the Christian men who educate the world on what mysogynism is and who say no to it?

Why does a Christian woman who has been physically abused by her husband, sometimes a pastor, receive hardly any help or support from the leaders in the church?

Brenda

2010/4/26 2:29
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Who says what is in context?

Quote:
Again rbanks. Not used in context.

Who is the authority of the Bible?

I have heard the Lord through prophecy speak sentences out of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and it made perfect sense and spoke to my soul and others who were present.

I can usually agree with you Miccah and others on Scripture but when you and others who try to tell everyone else "what" is in context, this seems controlling of the Word of God. (To me) (reworded).

I have only this to say, I have never ever said that every woman should preach and or teach (as I will be quick to say that every man should not be allowed to preach either, let alone pastor). (removed two sentences) We get on here and talk about how bad the church is and who is the majority that led us to this point?

(removed last paragraph, it wasn't edifying, I apologize.)

Added: We do know that there camps that will never agree. I do not believe that women can preach because "I" want to preach, I believe that women can preach because I have been in the meetings of one who God used mightily and her husband was the pastor. She fought the Lord in the beginning about preaching, she said everything that has been said here to God and for some reason we will never know until we get to the other side, He still called her to do works that I've never seen before or since her ministry.

All I can say is when you've witnessed God working in someone what the majority of christendom say God wouldn't do; you come to believe God over men (human race). I hope and pray for you that one day you experience and see what I have seen in this area of God working mightily!

Miccah, I really pray that God blesses you and yours, you are a mighty warrior for the faith!

2010/4/26 5:57Profile

Re:

If i try to kill a dandelion by pulling off the flower, it only causes more flowers to grow.

more flowers means more seed in the end, and with a breeze, they scatter.

Aleister Beggs heard in a radio broadcast some months ago, had a series on "Slander". The truthforlife website was gone to and this was downloaded. (i will do well to listen to it again, and everyone on this website would find it helpful towards the "dayleez", whether dealing with family, friends,church, our thought life, or even typing posts.

He talks about... well if you hear it, you will see just how relative it is to this discussion.

Thank you Kraftfrau for the post on misogyny(sp?). Though it was not even considered, due to not really being a major issue in this 'castle' anymore, it's now thought about.

Walking blameless before our Lord is not finding what is sinful in ourselves and going through the work of studying our own heart and purging what we think is wrong. That is like picking flowers off of dandelions. If his spirit reveals to us where we must "behold -fix our gaze on- the Lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world", that's a different story.

The reason ministers of the Gospel are led to the forefront of the battle, who preach so much aboout our sin is twofold, (and more). They first show we who walk into Christ how our idea of righteousness is just another word for sham, as well as revealing to the world the sinfulness of sin. Many there be, who in self-deception 'focus-their gaze' in on their sin, instead of 'looking-always-to the only One who cures the problem.

A dear brother was praying in assembly asking God to reveal to us our hearts, (in the sense of, if we know our failures, we can fix them.) The Lord made a way immediately afterward for the whole congregation to hear that we are to focus One alone, Jesus, who is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. It was so amazing to see change after change in this brothers life after that was revealed to Him. Even some in the congregation took it to heart.

Praise the Lord: His forever mercies are generously given daily!

Jesus did not come to the world to judge it, but to deliver it. This is the example we are to follow. Like Snuffeluphagus(sp?) wrote, "taking up the cross" starts in the home. This is the very "ruling" your household Paul spoke of in requirements towards elders.

The meaning of the word 'rule' has been bent backwards and outside in. More often than not, in the Pauline Epistles, after expounding on walking in the Spirit, he immediately hammers away at home life. This is the proving ground of our faith(fulness) towards God.

Our father Abraham ruled his household well, yet we find him not only engineering, but taking a very big part in preperations of hospitality towards three 'strangers' in Gen. 18.

God said Job walked blameless, and he did according to all that had been revealed Him. In Job's suffering though, there was time alot of time to reflect on what his life was really all about.

In all this, God was preparing Job for greater blessing, first in God humbling himself (yes he did) enough to even bother with a son of Adam who in his desire for God, needed humbling further. This book gives us example of the eyes of the Lord searching to and fro to see who will walk uprightly before Him. We see that blessing comes in the face of adversity, and it is only through a spirit of meekness bound up in forgiveness that this blessing comes.

I have seen this in my own home life. It was not until i quit with the "why me Lord" attitude, sought His forgiveness for what i did not even understand was wrong that it was shown me. When i forgave those who spoke ill of me wrongly, i realized that my wrong attitude in thinking i was soooo good that brought it on. Seeking God in the first place is what eventually put me on my face before Him. If i had it to do all over again, i would not trade those problems that sprang up for anything, because i now experience an outpouring of blessings from God that would have never come about otherwise.

Ruling your household is not about judgement. It is about forgiveness and compassion, taking up your cross, and, for us men, not just commanding, but getting our own hands dirty in helping solve the needs of those around us.

Elders are to rule their holdholds... how?

Nowhere are elders commanded to rule God's household.

Is your own household God's household?

The only right we have if we are a Christian is to die, and serve in whatever God shows us needs fixin', assistance, and forgiveness.

It's all about forgiveness.

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/4/26 7:44

Re:

Lysa said:

Quote:
Instead it should be the woman who is `ruling` man

I would omit the word "ruling" to be what the bible calls a "Help meet", which by the way is used BEFORE the transgression.

Now Adam wasn't a stupid man. He observed all the creatures and named them all. He saw a male and a female.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Even though, Adam had everything, God saw that Adam should not be alone.

Jesus said, "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you". In other words, "I will be a help meet".

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called THEIR name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Even though there is a unity here, an equality, yet there is also an order.

Though we are one with Jesus Christ, we are not Jesus.

Though Jesus is equal with God, He is not God. He is the "LORD" [of] God. He is the Prime Minister so to speak and God is the President in one unified government.

It was God IN Christ Jesus reconciling the world unto Himself. It was the President in the Prime Minister.

When we honour the Prime Minister, we honour the President.

We can see a likeness of this union in Joseph and Pharaoh in Egypt. Pharaoh put almost everything under the feet of Joseph. The people went to Joseph. Though all these honours were bestowed upon Joseph, yet Joseph was not Pharaoh.

Though a woman can do all that a man can do, yet she is not a man. There is a union, but it's found in the prescribed order to which God has ordained for us to walk in.

2010/4/26 9:44

Re: The original sin affected the nature of the sexes.

"Our sisters are to be honored and loved as equal children of God, and they are part of the Priesthood of the believer, and they have giftings that we must receive. However, in this temporal realm of life on Earth within the church, they are subject to weakness and must not rule over men, or teach them. The usurping of this authority will lead to the wrath of God, and apostasy. Look around, and see."

I said this in a previous post, and for me, it is relevant. The reason why is that I have seen multiple examples that would support this observation, and not ONE that would disprove it. This devastation may not occur immediately; it may take a while, even years, but over and over, where women usurp authority over men, there is error and destruction following.

God knows the reason why, but I believe the weakness that Paul spoke of in women as the "weaker vessel" had to do with a propensity to be deceived.

1 Timothy 2 11-14

11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

I submit to you that this is the issue about women in authority; it is the issue of the propensity to accept deception; and therefore the great Apostle forbad it. Also , I might add, that this is in the Bible as inspired and holy doctrine. It was placed there , as all doctrine, for our safety and admonition from the Lord Himself.

Continuing to reject it, or to modify it according to your feelings or personal ideas will bring harm to you, and those around you. It is not wise to persist, no matter how you justify it.

2010/4/26 11:34
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Quote:
I submit to you that this is the issue about women in authority; it is the issue of the propensity to accept deception; and therefore the great Apostle forbad it.

I was thinking about this thread ans talking it over with my dh, he also mentioned that women have a greater propensity to accept deception then do men. At first I was offended(I will admit every now and then those awful feminist views that I was taught in school still linger for me) I took it as a personal insult that women were supposedly less intelligent and so therefor more easily deceived then men would be. My dh could see that I was getting annoyed with what my flesh was seeing as some of the "male superiority" thinking that I was sure being flaunted by some of the brothers in this thread. My dh counseled that perhaps I needed to take some time and pray about this, and since I have never really been one to support the idea of women being pastors I saw wisdom in his advice. The more I prayed about this the more clear it became, it is not because a woman is less intelligent then a man that she is more easily deceived, it is because as a woman I do tend to allow my heart/emotions to lead me more then I do my intellect. I have come to see that as a woman I am more easily swayed/deceived because my emotions can be manipulated and the enemy is very good at this. Even in getting angry over this thread and thinking negatively about some of the brothers who have posted, the enemy appealed to my emotions, intellectually when I thought this through I knew clearly what the Bible says about women preaching, "that it should only be under the authority of men" but emotionally I was deceived and got angry because in self I took offense to comments that were made about my gender.(my conviction) So this has been a very good learning experience for me. I will also take this time to repent of my anger and sometimes negative thoughts toward some brothers on the forum, even though I did not write or voice these attitudes here I still feel it was sin on my part and so I want to repent of that. I am thankful that God has allowed me to see this about myself and to grow in Him in this area of my life.

Just thought I would share what I am learning
God Bless
mj

2010/4/26 12:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

You are learning about how damaging one's emotions can be to the decision making process and how you interpret scripture. Once you get this down pat, how will you handle it when you see other females interpret scriptures based on feelings, "I think", "I", etc.?

And the reality is that we are weaker physically which effects our emotions. Since this is the case, we are not strong enough emotionally to bear the heavier burdens that life tosses our way. That is why we need men/males who are strong. God bless them!

ginnyrose

2010/4/26 20:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy