SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Days of Lot

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Days of Lot

[url=http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100413/jennifer-knapp-returns-to-christian-music-scene-confirms-her-sexuality/]Jennifer Knapp Returns to Christian Music Scene, Confirms Sexuality[/url]

Luke 17:28

2010/4/14 15:20Profile

Re: Days of Lot

Days of Lot is correct but how should we respond. That is the question.

2010/4/15 5:34
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Well, For one, I would say don't buy the album! Second, I see this as a test. How the Christian community and Christian music industry responds is going to reveal what is in their hearts. I would never post something like this if she had not come out public with her own statements. She is testing the Christian world, saying..."This is the way I am. What are you going to do about it?" She sang at my old church a couple times when I was younger...so to a degree it is somewhat personal, though I would never condemn anyone, I would say, "Go and sin no more." Are we going to allow this little bit of leaven?

It is like the days of Hosea...we reach to grasp the hand of God...with the dumb idols of wickedness still firmly in our opposing grip.

I also posted this for the sake of those who might purchase the album in ignorance. Might save you fourteen bucks.

Daniel chapter nine is what we do codek...we pray prayers of repentance for our wayward people, even if we are not involved with it ourselves. Daniel received vision from God when he repented on behalf of his own people, though his own sin was never mentioned.

2010/4/15 8:50Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Fact is, things like this just don't surprise anymore.

Now, it's just a matter of whose next.

2010/4/15 9:14Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

We simply affirm what the scriptures say, this is an abomination to God and as already quoted, we don't by the albumn. We are under obligation, by the Spirit to declare the truth, even if we lose our heads for it.

It is the same all over the church. Compromise with sin is eating us up. It is time for the bride to make herself ready, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing.

edit:

I would like to say one more thing, we need to deceide whether we are listening to "christian music" for entertainment purposes or for worship purposes. There are some chistian ministers out there who minister in music, like Aberto & Kim Rivera
[url=http://www.cupbearer.com/html/riveras.htm]Alberto & Kim Rivera[/url]These folks are not intertainers, but worshippers.

2010/4/15 9:41Profile

Re: Come as you are, stay as you are, and enjoy your life. Love.

Does any one else get the feeling that there has been an exponential effect; like a snow ball racing down the hill, faster and larger every second?

I think of "The emerging church", with PERMISSIVENESS under it's banner declaring it as freedom, and God's love, and that he loves you just as you are, no matter what? It is stunning to get a glimpse of how pervasive this is.

I could imagine Sodom having those same sentiments up until the day that fire fell upon them and their children. [ I stood above the Salt sea in Israel and looked upon waves of frozen granite, rolling into the site of the Sodom and the plain cities. It is inexplicable; there were no volcanoes here? What could have melted these rocks like flowing honey?]

I'm not bragging about being old, but 35 years ago this was non-existent. Immorality, [ in my circles] was not tolerated and several people I knew were PUBLICALLY rebuked and disfellowshipped for ungodly sexual behavior, until repentance and public confession came. Then they were received back in the church.

Today, i personally know of several churches who wink at it, or just receive everyone on the basis that God loves them and accepts them as they are, or as they want to be. It's the universal jesus who cannot condemn for he just wants every one's best and happiness. We'll work it out; it's really OK.

I don't know this young woman, but she has a shock coming. No fornicator or immoral person has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those who told her it was normal are culpable with her; she has believed a lie, and unless she repents, has forfeited her soul to Hell.

Again, our Humanism and desire to live our lives according to our own rights trumps the Word of God. Who do you think is right in this?

Romans 1:25

25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet."

Oh, that was for those olden times. God really loves us now......

2010/4/15 9:53
Goldminer

Alabama

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

It should be very frightening to those who condone such behavior and don't speak out against it. This is what pleasure is in the Strongs:

1) it seems good to one, is one's good pleasure

a) think it good, choose, determine, decide

b) to do willingly

c) to be ready to, to prefer, choose rather

2) to be well pleased with, take pleasure in, to be favourably inclined towards one

We are certainly in the days of apostacy and we need to make sure we are walking in Revelation 3:18

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Also BrotherTom I do believe it is exponentially increasing. And think of this, these are the very things that the righteous will stand against and get killed in the not too distant future. The stage is being set. Will we come out purified or damned.

2010/4/15 12:51Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
Does any one else get the feeling that there has been an exponential effect; like a snow ball racing down the hill, faster and larger every second?

Most certainly...what has been nagging at the back of my mind for some time now...is why? Why the compulsion to attach oneself to Christianity philosophically, and completely deny that attachment through ones actions. That is what is the vehemently consistent theme I see in so many. Why not just deny the faith?

The quick answer would be to say that everyone wants to go to heaven but does not want to give up sin...that may be consistently true, but I have a hunch it is going deeper than that. It seems to be a move to actually spiritualize and turn sin into a virtue. It is paganism via the word of God...truly the scriptures are being wrested to destruction.

I happen to know personally that this is more than just a battle of flesh...it is the Spirit of the age. We are not warring against flesh and blood here, and the only way this battle can be won is in the Spirit. When I was first married, and had been a "christian" for about 4-5 years, I listened to a lot of bad music. Specifically I listened to U2 an enormous amount. I remember that my wife and I got into a big argument over Bono's lyrics and she told me that his stuff was straight from the pit of hell. I remember arguing against her logic that he was just being "honest" about who he was, which was better than most Christians I had met. I had bought the lie, hook, line and sinker. I was a partaker of this devilish Spirit which is consuming so many people...the strange thing was that I did not really learn that idea from anyone. I was just naturally doing what so many others were, turning that which is evil...into that which is good. Unless we are apprehended by, and apprehend the Spirit of God through the blood of Christ we too would be swept away with the tide of filth and debauchery in the world today. Christians whom hold to a literal interpretation of scripture are becoming a hiss and a byword more and more. We better not be deceived by those peddling anything other than the absolute truth of God's word revealed in the son, and preached by the Apostles.

The path down this slick muddy moral slide starts very very subtly. Watch out eye-gate, ear-gate, sense-gate...what we consume may be the fruit of righteousness turned into hemlock. And judgment turned into gall. Amos 6:12. We must prophesy against the spirit of Amaziah...which is alive and well today.

2010/4/15 15:45Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I was at one of Jennifer's first ever concerts in the municipal auditorium in Pittsburg, KS quite a few years back. At the time I believe she might have been going to school there. At the time there seemed to be an anointing on what she was doing. I am saddened to read the article. Lord open her eyes to truth and her heart to surrender to You.

Travis.

2010/4/15 18:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
is why? Why the compulsion to attach oneself to Christianity philosophically, and completely deny that attachment through ones actions.

I suggest it is all about money! After all, if they can say they are gay, their music will appeal to all the 'tolerant' folks - us old fashion folks are fast becoming few and far in-between. We pose no threat to their wallets or bank accounts.

Sorry, I cannot be more positive..

ginnyrose

2010/4/15 21:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy