SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born in Sin with sin nature or not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
wind_blows

Re:

Alive to God wrote:

Quote:
Therefore, the call to Repent, to Be Baptised, 'to Believe', seem to be offered to us by God as ACTIONS which will change our state of 'being'. Now, that is not complicated. A person who lies, is called a liar. It's a simple translation we make all the time about all kinds of compliance in our everyday world. Similarly, an unbeliever who begins to believe, is instantly translated from being a child of unbelief (or active disobedience), to being a child of faith, a child of God, a son of God. Heb 2:10. This is a change in spiritual nature, which will have implications rolling out of every part of the person's life, just as 'sin' does. Now see Rom 6:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Thanks so much for your post. I love the truth and simplistic way you shared this here with us. I have been studying on sin and the deceitfulness of it. The more I read the Word the more clearly I see and understand that there is no way anyone can choose to not sin. Man will always choose those things which are pleasing to "self". I give thanks though because of Christ Jesus we are given a way. Now that we are new creations in Christ Jesus our very nature is changed, we die to that old man "self" and we are risen in Him. As you said we were once children of unbelief but now are children of faith!

In Him
Ellie

2010/3/1 11:56Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, please do not call Jesus a liar again , He said that no man is good because good is a relative term...since He had no sin and had seen the goodness of the Father His idea of good was and is much higher then yours and mine and other human writers in the bible who are touched by sin and a sinful nature...a homeless man will call a cardboard box under a overhang good shelter but i dont think you would.jimp

2010/3/1 15:30Profile

Re:

jimp, no one called the Lord a liar.

It sounds like you are saying that good means two different things depending on if Jesus said it or if another person said it. So the word 'good' is really like two different words for you in this case because of relativity.

More specifically, it seems that you are saying that the bible is tainted by men's sinful nature and therefore when Jesus says 'good' it's not the same as when the bible elsewhere says 'good'.

Do I understand you correctly?

2010/3/1 16:24
Logic

Re:

Quote:
jimp said:
hi, please do not call Jesus a liar again , He said that no man is good because good is a relative term...since He had no sin and had seen the goodness of the Father His idea of good was and is much higher then yours and mine and other human writers in the bible who are touched by sin and a sinful nature...a homeless man will call a cardboard box under a overhang good shelter but i dont think you would.

No one called Jesus a liar.
I only pointed out that there are people called good in the Scriptures to prove that what you think that Jesus was saying is wrong.

If there are other good man in the Bible as I shown, Jesus was not making a doctrinal statement.

And, please, do not dis the writes of the Scripture; they claim that there was good men, so that means that there are good men.

Furthermore, your use of the term "sinful nature" has not been established, therfore your point is moot. do not use the thing in question to prove your argument.

2010/3/1 16:36Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,Gods ways and thoughts are higher and not simplistic and single in there point of reference.someone who has not seen the best will always call something better than what they have seen good and they;in there hearts would be correct.the good is always the enemy of the best.when john saw Jesus whom he knew and loved personnally shrowded in His holiness ...he fell at His feet as if dead.Jesus is the language of the Father...the alpha beta and omega and the word made flesh and the ultimate authority for He is truth and love and the fulness of the Godhead bodily. if you do not esteem His words and word as directly coming out of the Father heart you would be at best naive... He said that none are good...its over..jimp

2010/3/1 17:44Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Logic,

I fully recognize that Scripture sometimes calls men good or godly. But, who made them good? According to Corinthians, who makes some men to differ from others?

2010/3/1 18:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
if you do not esteem His words and word as directly coming out of the Father heart you would be at best naive...

No one said anything like this.

2010/3/1 18:09
Logic

Re:

Quote:
jimp said:
He said that none are good...its over.

So, the Scriptures which I quoted are lying.

Nice.

2010/3/1 19:58Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
TaylorOtwell
I fully recognize that Scripture calls men good. But, who made them good?

They made themselves good by to their actions, attitudes, choices, thoughts...etc...

Quote:
According to Corinthians, who makes some men to differ from others?

What Scripture are you refering to?

2010/3/1 20:01Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

"For who makes you differ from another? And [b]what do you have that you did not receive?[/b] Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?" (1 Corinthians 4:7)

This seems to say that all things we have we receive from the Lord.

Apparently, your answer to the bolded part seems to be goodness and virtue. Is that correct?

2010/3/1 20:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy