SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When does God's Grace Run out?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: talents?

Quote:
Remember that God doesn't want your talents, He wants you!

Thank you Ron, for mentioning this. I thought of something similar when I read that line also. This whole thing about God using our talents and "do what you're good at for God's glory"- that is HUGE today in Christian City. I was just listening to John Maxwell and Joyce Meyer talking about it together yesterday on t.v (don't ask me why, I was on the treadmill :)

Anyway, it is very sad because they are leading people to believe that God would never ask you to do anything that you don't 'enjoy' or aren't gifted at. It's a false belief that 'God just wants us to be happy'. We are do whatever the Lord wants, whether it be our talent or not.

I just read this quote today:
"It is not doing the thing which we like to do, but liking the thing which we have to do, that makes life blessed." Van Goethe

In Him, chanin

2004/10/6 11:56Profile
MattyZ

Thank you

I just wanted to thank everyone who has written a reply to my heart's cry! I am very encouraged and just pray that I would completly surrender my life over to God in humility and that I would not listen to the lies of the Enemy, who would rather have me tied up in fear and worry. But the thing I always have to remember is, that's it's not about how I can overcome, but rather surrendering my life and dying to Christ realizing God is in control and He will guide me through my circumstances for the Glory of God. God Bless you,

Matt.

2004/10/6 12:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy