SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Using Smiley Faces

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
by HeartSong on 2010/1/4 13:26:17

I would like to share something also, this morning I was reading Matthew 13:47-48

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away."

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever heard?

The kingdom of heaven being cast like a net . . .

I cannot tell which is the most beautiful.

1. The kingdom of heaven is cast like a net.

2. It gathers of every kind.

3. It is filled full.

4. It is drawn to the shore.

5. They kept the good and got rid of the bad.

All of those are most beautiful truths to my soul. The kingdom of heaven is glorious already, and I am exceedingly glad to even know of it!

2010/1/5 13:27Profile
Sems

Latvia

Re:

Personally I am stunned that there was a big fuss about smileys...I mean..there are weightier things to talk about. I respect Greg but I am sure that this was a totally non-essential & unnecessary issue to bring up. Anyway, I hope my comments would not start another round...May God help sermonindex to focus on the essentials..God bless:]

2010/1/7 14:51Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Sems

You know I agree in many ways there was a big fuss made about smileys and there are truly more important issues then this one for many. However I would just like to add that in this seemingly unimportant topic I learned a few things about self that I was not aware of before and that I needed to die to. Things that were sin and I needed to repent of. I know that mj and heartsong shared some things that the Lord was showing them as well. So yes it was not as important a topic as some on the forum, but for me and maybe a few others it meant something. I know it really helped me to see how much in every day little tiny parts of my life I need Jesus. I need to make sure that I am walking in a way with others that is pleasing to Him and not about self. So for me this was a really important thread. I know that it taught me the value of seeking to communicate in such a way as to not cause offense or to allow one self to be easily offended. Those at least for me are pretty important lessons and I am thankful for them.

I was thinking about this thread and considering, isn't a part of revival about the sinner seeing their need for Jesus in their life? If it is, then at least for me, this thread did end up serving a purpose even though at first glance it seems silly :) I now know I need Him not just in the major things but in "ALL" things.

with much love
your sis in Him
ebeth

2010/1/7 15:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy