SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End-Time View

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Where is the 7 year period?

"Where is the Seven Years of Great Tribulation to which 3 1/2 years are Wrath? Just because Jesus said that there would be Great Tribulation doesn't mean that it's seven years. He was saying that the time in which Jerusalem would receive it's judgments it would be Great. There is no mention of 3 1/2 years or seven for that matter.".....DeepThinker.

Daniel 9:"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.'

" In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. "

"In the middle of the week, "seven", "He" will put an end to the sacrifice. This is the 7 year period and
this is where you get the 3 and 1/2 years....and...

Matthew 24

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.".....Jesus of Nazareth

"Tribulation, great tribulation, such as not has been, "no, nor shall never be."

The Week of Daniel, as verified and prophesied by the Lord. There is going to be a seven year period, and the elect will be here to endure it, and overcome. It will be bad enough that the Lord will shorten the days thereof for the sake of the elect. Sounds like wrath to me.

2009/12/24 22:22
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I'm a "be ready for the Lord will come at an hour that you know not" type of guy. But, like David Wilkerson, I am also PAN-trib -- because we know that everything will "pan out" in the end. Like Keith Green, I "pray for pre-trib but prepare for post-trib."

:-)

2009/12/25 0:45Profile

Re: End-Time View

To DeepThinker,

Quote:
The resurrection had not yet occurred, but it was coming but it wasn't past as Hymenaeus and Philetus had said to which Paul had to write and correct that error.

This refers to the dead in Christ, who won't have glorified bodies until the first resurrection. Those who had died believing before Christ, rose after His resurrection - remember? And those who have not yet died will be caught up to be with Him in the air as He comes the third time, to be for ever with Him (in whatever happens next). The unbelieving dead will finally be raised for the judgement.

This is the topic of Phil Goble's excellent half hour sermon on The Empty Tomb. Your tomb is going to be empty one day, but where will you be when Christ has judged you? (To you brother, that's a rhetorical question. To any unbeliever reading, this matter is of the utmost importance to you. You need to make every effort to be 'in Christ' before you die, so that when He calls your body out of the grave, it will be to eternal [u]life[/u].)

2009/12/25 5:31

Re:

Brother Tom what translation are you using?

2009/12/25 10:56

Re: translations

Brother Tom what translation are you using?
Deepthinker

I read the NASB and NKJV mostly, with KJV salted in. Much of my bible that I paste in my responses are from a great site, biblegateway.com, ....[great site and free.]

I usually paste the bibles quoted,...[ they have about a hundred of them..] but I didn't catch it, and their default bible is NIV, which I really do not like. The first part of my RE: to you is NIV, regrettably.

Daniel 9, and his abomination prophesy is a great study, and there must be about 5000 books written about it. I hope I didn't come off caustic or dogmatic, but I do think it is clear that there is a terrible judgement coming upon the earth, and Daniel was given an "event calender" and some numbers of days by the LORD.

See Isaiah 24.....I hope this helps. May we all give ourselves to Jesus to be ready.

"Those that He loves, He rebukes and chastens.."

2009/12/25 12:01

Hi Brothertom,

Please take a look at [url=http://olivetree.com/bible/]olivetree.com online bible search[/url] which links from the foot of their front page.

(This link should take you straight to the Bible search function.)

Its default is the NKJV, and they don't have a free NIV included in the search options. I'll leave you to take a look, as you can compare more than one version at once if you like. It is very uncluttered compared with biblegateway.com, and the verses always appear in Bible order.

You can set the search to one book or a small section of the Bible, or one testament, or the whole book, using single words, or, a phrase of up to four words. Sometimes I put in the most likely keyword, and then use the edit menu 'Find on this page', quickly to find the verse for which I'm actually looking. It cuts and pastes on SI, very easily. (Less so into email.)

2009/12/25 20:08

Re:

Quote:
Daniel 9:"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolation's have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' " In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. " "In the middle of the week, "seven", "He" will put an end to the sacrifice. This is the 7 year period and this is where you get the 3 and 1/2 years....and...

But that doesn't still prove anything, it only confirms what I have been saying.

The first part of that is this, The 70 weeks start at the decree to rebuild Jerusalem which was in 2Choronicles 36:22,23. We'll have to dig further to find out the date when that decree was sent out. The other verse concerning that is in Ezra 1:1,2 to rebuild Jerusalem UNTO Messiah shall be 69 weeks. Verse 29 says that AFTER 69 weeks the Messiah would be cut off.

What comes after 69? The final week in which Christ would come and be cut off. The purpose of these events was to lead up to that final week in which Jesus would come to be cut off.

Going back to the rebuilding of the Temple. When you read during Ezra and Nehemiah times they were constantly on guard and ready to fight while building the Temple. They were always harassed and the work was held up and then stopped and then resumed again under another king.

The Anointed one being cut off in the midst of the week and having nothing means that He would have had left no seed to continue his line. That is what it means to be "cut off", it's a devastating blow to a family that has a son who dies and left no heir.

He will confirm the covenant with many for one seven, to bring it up to the English, for one week. That is that final week AFTER the 69 weeks have been fulfilled. Now, when Christ died in the midst of that week, the wheels of prophecy didn't end there, that week kept on going until it fulfilled itself to the end, that is the end of that prophecy of the 70 weeks of seven.

Now keep in mind that we are still in the first century here while this is going on.

In the midst of the week Jesus will put an end of the sacrifices and oblations by His death.

Quote:
And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation

I have seen this wording in other translations and I do not accept this as holy writ.

The King James renders it, "and for(because of) the overspreading of abominations He shall make it desolate."

Now, this whole prophecy is fulfilled. The 70 weeks are done and over with.

There is much to share in these verses, but it is in exhaustive subject.

2009/12/25 22:59

Re: The 70th Week of Daniel

[b]The Seventy weeks of Daniel is a detailed study, and can surely not be done on this type of forum. If you are truly interested in understanding this subject, the following link is excellent:[/b]

These are links to 3 videos, that will provide clarification to all:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67rpwWMSZQ&feature=player_embedded]The 70 Weeks of Prophecy of Daniel, Video #1[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u6nFALImag&feature=related]The 70 Weeks of Prophecy of Daniel, Video #2[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyg5pJhwVAM&feature=related]The 70th Week of Daniel, Biblical Time explained Video #3[/url]

[b]Also, after viewing the videos, to go deeper into this study, please go to this website:[/b]

[url=http://endtimepilgrim.org/70wks1.htm]Daniel's Prophecy of the 70 Weeks[/url]

God bless,

Walter

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:
Daniel 9:"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolation's have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' " In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. " "In the middle of the week, "seven", "He" will put an end to the sacrifice. This is the 7 year period and this is where you get the 3 and 1/2 years....and...

But that doesn't still prove anything, it only confirms what I have been saying.

DELETED

2009/12/26 1:01
Leo_Grace

Re:

Thank you for those links, Walter.

2009/12/26 3:45Profile

ADisciple said

Quote:
But "Elijah" is yet to come prior to His second appearing, prior to "the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD" (Mal.4.5).

What could be more of a 'great and dreadful day of the LORD' than when He was crucified?

2009/12/27 8:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy