SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : End-Time View

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: End-Time View

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your further post.

Do you remember, yesterday, asking me to include some scriptures in my replies? I hope you found them helpful in understanding why I'm ready to dispute with your theory about Elijah. Perhaps when you've had time to consider them all, you'll be able to reply to the points I raise?

Now, you said

Quote:
Adam and Eve received the example of the sacrifice that was required by God to cover their sin- a blood sacrifice from a first born, unblemished lamb.

Adam and Eve shared the requirements with their two boys, Cain & Abel.

And again, you have added to scripture both content, and interpretation, neither of which are in the text. And, if you look carefully in scripture, you will find that sin-offerings did not begin until Moses had received the Law. That is, going on two thousand years after Adam. This is a problem to me.

Yes, Abel offered to the Lord in thanksgiving, and possibly, we could call it a peace offering, but most certainly it was not an offering for 'sin'.

However, the attitude of Abel's heart, to give early acknowledgement to God for the increase of his flock, was what made him choose one of the 'firstlings'. There is nothing about 'without blemish' in Genesis.

While Cain, knowing God had cursed the ground to spare Adam from immediate death, brought God an offering from the fruit of the ground - symbolic of man's punishment. Basically, it was a prideful, rude thing to do - like a slap in the face to God - and God was not pleased - understandably.
Quote:
placed the work from his own hands on the altar

There was no 'altar', either, in Genesis 4 - nor for a long time to come.
Quote:
God's Word is indeed His Word. There are always those who want to change it.

Do you see, that while you yourself are misrepresenting the content of scripture within this discussion, your credibility as one who is upholding it as the Word of God, is seriously undermined?
Quote:
Those that will not accept His Word the way it is written are listening to satan, not the Holy Spirit

Unless God speaks it off the page, by His Spirit, into a believer's life, there it will lie, just 'as it is written', unable to bring forth the fruit which it contains. Gen 1:29; Rom 10:17; James 1:21; 1 Pet 1:22, 23. 24, 25; John 12:24.

John 4:24
God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him [b]must[/b] worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

John 3:7
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye [b]must[/b] be born again.

Jesus doesn't say 'must', very often.

It has been helpful for me to consider the issues you've brought to attention through your article and this discussion. I'm sure you understand the need for a peaceful consistency across the whole of scripture, wherein new understanding finds a naturally spiritual place.

Today, I thought of something new with regard to Elijah's catching up, which you may wish to ponder; namely, that if he's still alive, how could Elisha receive a double portion of 'his spirit'?

2009/12/29 18:20

Re: End-Time View

I said

Quote:
The concept of 'a corporate people' (a priesthood) was, historically, the Christian understanding of 'antiChrist'.

AD replied
Quote:
Yes, I have a book called The Ruin of Antichrist by John Bunyan that confirms what you have said here. That's how he saw antichrist.

As to your question about the Greek plural form for "their dead bodies," it's interesting to note that many manuscripts have the word "bodies" in verse 8 and verse 9 in the singular.

"And their dead body shall lie on the street of the city..." (Rev. 11.8).

"And they... shall see their dead body three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves" (Rev. 11.9).

Two witnesses with one body? What kind of body is that?

Hi AD,

I wanted to acknowledge your reply, which I found helpful for further study and meditation.

2009/12/29 20:28

Re:

To Alive-to-God

How do I begin to respond to your post? You have no understanding of who or what God is, and of what His plan has been before creating creation. In God’s foreknowledge, He knew that Adam & Eve would sin before he ever created them. God has always known the end from the beginning.

Do you make time each day, and each night to read, study, and internalize your Bible? No, you do not.

Throughout God’s Word in the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament, we find the shedding of innocent blood. Hebrews tells us that “without the shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness) for sin.” (Hebrews 9:22).

[color=990000][b]In the Old Testament man was commanded to shed the blood of an animal, a sinless substitute, [u]including the fat, upon the altar. [/u] This is first explained for us in Genesis chapter 3, just after God admonishes Satan and prophesizes of the coming Redeemer, the Seed of the Woman (Women do not have “seed”, men have “seed”):[/color][/b]

Genesis 3:14-15
14. And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it (Messiah, Jesus Christ, the “Seed of the Woman”) shall bruise thy (Satan’s) head, and thou (Satan) shalt bruise his (Messiah’s) heel.

Next, God slays an animal, and sacrifices it before Adam and Eve, and then makes clothes for them.

“21. Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.” Their sins were covered up and forgotten, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7) “7. But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:”

In Chapter 4 we have the continuation and a greater understanding of the Scarlet thread that runs through the Bible.

Cain & Abel

2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.[color=990000][b] 4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock [u]AND THE FAT THEREOF.[/u][/color][/b] And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

[color=990000][b]Here, at this point, if we know our Bibles, we turn to Leviticus 4:5-13 Lev 6:24-30 and find God’s requirement for the sin offering:[/color][/b]

[b]The type of animal required:[/b] Bull, Lamb, Goat, Dove or Pigeon
[b]Offerers Work (Family Priest, the Father of the house):[/b] Lay on Hands to become one with the animal, and kill the animal
[b]Priests Work:[/b] Puts Blood on the Altar
[color=990000][b]God’s Portion of the Sacrifice: [u]FAT of the inner parts, kidneys, & liver.[/u][/color][/b]
[b]Priests portion of the sacrifice:[/b] If blood taken into the tabernalcle, flesh burned outside the camp, otherwise flesh was the Priests.
[b]Offerers Portion:[/b] NONE

[color=990000][b]If we know our Bibles, we should also remember that Noah took the animals into the ark two by two. However, the clean animals, used for sacrifice, were taken aboard seven by seven.

When the earth finally dried after the flood and Noah disembarked from the ark, he brought all of the animals off the Ark and BUILT AN ALTAR UNTO THE LORD AND SACRIFICED ONE OF EVERY “CLEAN” ANIMAL TO THE LORD:[/color][/b]

20. And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21. And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

God, in his foreknowledge provided a way to cover the sin of man with the shedding of innocent blood, on the altar, in the Old Testament, to only cover the sins of the people who believed in Him. In the New Testament his Son would take care of the sin problem forever, for all those that believe.

In the New Testament, God sent His Son, God the Word, to become sin for all of mankind, from the beginning of time to the end of time. All of those that were covered by the blood in the Old Testament were waiting in Abraham’s bosom, for the Messiah to take care of the sin problem forever. He did that when He resurrected from the dead and took control of the keys of death and hell, and took “captivity captive” (those in Abraham’s bosom) back to heaven. All of those before the cross, that believed God, and in shedding the blood of a sinless substitue, for their sin are now in heaven, waiting for their glorified bodies at the Resurrection. That will be Adam, Eve, Abel, Seth, Noah, Shem, and all of believers who believed God in His prophecy in Genesis 3:15 (the seed of the woman, Messiah).

Also in heaven right now are those after the cross, who believed in Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Seed of the Woman, that came and paid the price for their sin in full.

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/12/29 21:16

Re:

You have to put these together somehow.

I am merely interjecting a thought.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

2009/12/29 21:16

Re: Cain vs Abel or Rev Wright vs Waltern

Dear[b] Lysa:[/b]

[color=990000][b]Do you have any idea what Jesus said about what his Word would do to those who hear it? Do you read and study your Bible??

Jesus Word (found in the Bible) [u]is the Great Divider. I always proof text my views with Scripture from the Bible. That is the requirement of the Christian believer.[/u]

If what I post offends you, then look to yourself, and please, don't blame me. The offense can be found from the Word, found in the Bible, that I post in support of my various positions, against your positions, that have no Biblical support. [/color][/b]

Jesus the Divider

“ Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you,[color=990000][b] Nay; but rather division:.” [/color][/b] Luke 12:51

This is one of the “hard sayings” of Jesus for those that do not read their Bibles. It must have shocked some of his hearers, and it is shocking to us when we discover it in Scripture. But it is in the Bible and we have to deal with it. Indeed, I think it states a profound and necessary truth.

[color=990000]Jesus never sought to be “politically correct.” He did not say what people wanted to hear, but what was true. He did not adapt to people; he expected people to adapt to God’s truth as he spoke it. He said that his words, which were given to him by his Father (John 12:49), spoke a universal truth that would outlast the physical universe. “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words shall not pass away” (Matthew 24:35).[b] He said that his words would be the test by which men would ultimately be judged (John 12:48). I think we need to take all of his words very seriously.[/b][/color]

[b]Lysa,[/b]lets take a closer look at Jesus’s statement and its implications.

1. The Text of Jesus’ Statement.

The full text of Jesus’ statement is,

“I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.” (Luke 12:49-53)

The Greek words translated “divide” and “division” (diamerizo and diamerismos) mean exactly that. They mean division, disunity.

In Matthew’s gospel Jesus expresses the same thought in even more colorful terms “ Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.” (Matthew 10:34). I do not think “sword”, in this text, implies bloodshed. I read it as a reference to the fact that the word of God is “ sharper than any double-edged sword”; it “penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).[b][u] God’s truth is a sword which divides truth from falsity, right from wrong, good from evil, and much else. It confronts us and requires us to make decisions. The way we make those decisions can divide us. [/u][/b]

[color=990000][b]2. How Does Jesus Divide People?
Scripture shows us very clearly how Jesus divides people. Jesus confronts us with the truth. He is “the truth” (John 14:6). [u] We have to respond. The way we respond divides us. We can either accept the truth or reject it. If we try to ignore it, that is a form of rejection.[/color][/b][/u]

When Jesus ministered on earth he had some who followed him, and some who sought to kill him and eventually had him crucified. Today, also, he has some who follow him and some who seek to destroy his influence.

John’s gospel tells us that there were some who received Jesus and some who did not receive him (John 1: 11-12). It tells us that “whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”, while “whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son” (John 3:16, 18). It tells us that “whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him” (John 3:36).

By his coming to earth, Jesus confronted us in a new way with God’s eternal truth. Men had to react to this confrontation. Their reaction divided them into two groups, those who accepted Jesus and those who rejected him It was not unusual then, and is not unusual today, to have different members of the same family be in different groups.

Scripture speaks of two kingdoms, “the dominion of darkness” and the “kingdom of the Son [God] loves” (Colossians 1:13; see Ephesians 5:8). John’s gospel says that those who receive Jesus can become the children of God (John 1:12). His epistle goes further and divides all mankind into two groups, “children of God” and “children of the devil” (1 John 3:10). Paul refers to the pagan “gods” of his day as “demons” (1 Corinthians 10:20), and says, “What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and that of idols?” (2 Corinthians 6:13-14). For Paul there could be no other foundation than Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 3:11). Paul resolved, in his teaching, to “know nothing... except Christ Jesus and him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).

The Greek word “believe” (pistis) means much more than just intellectual acceptance. It means to put your trust in, to rely on, and to obey. Scripture tells us, “Do not merely listen to the word [of God], and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22). Faith that does not reflect itself in actions is dead, meaningless (James 2:14-19). Paul said that his mission was to call people to “the obedience that comes from faith” (Romans 1:5). Hebrews says that Jesus is “the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him” (Hebrews 5:9).

Jesus never accepted mere lip-service. He spoke critically of those who “honor [God] with their lips, but their hearts are far from [God]” (Matthew 15:8). He said “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord’ and do not do what I say?” (Luke 6:46). He said, “Not everyone who says to me ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 7:21).

The Scriptural view is that the world is divided into two groups: those who believe in Jesus Christ and those who do not believe in him, those who are in the kingdom of God and those who are in the kingdom of darkness. There is no middle ground. There is no room for fence-sitters. Jesus said, “He who is not with me is against me” (Matthew 12:30).

A split loyalty will not do. You cannot serve more than one God. “You cannot serve God and mammon” (Matthew 6:24 KJV). Christians should not be “yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? What fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?” (2 Corinthians 6:14-15).

There is another sense in which Jesus divides us. At the end time, when he judges all men, he will “separate the people one from another”, as one who divides sheep from goats. Those who have done his will will go to “eternal life” while those who have not will go to “eternal punishment” (Matthew 25:32, 46; see also Matthew 13:41-43, 49).

3. Significance for our Time.

I believe this divisiveness is crucial for our times. I shall give, very briefly, a few examples. More could doubtless be given.

a. “Inclusiveness.”

A key word in today’s society is “inclusiveness”. We are told that we should accept “alternative lifestyles”, accept all sorts of behavior that used to be considered unacceptable. Those who are considered unwilling to do so may be required to receive “sensitivity training”. The watchword is “tolerance”. Some have almost made a god of tolerance. Yet we find these same people can be quite intolerant of any viewpoint that does not tolerate every kind of behavior. Any deviation from the standard of tolerance is considered intolerable, and there are efforts in many countries, including ours, to make it illegal. In parts of Canada, for example, it is now illegal and punishable by law for anyone simply to repeat what the Bible says about certain forms of behavior.

[b]Jesus was never tolerant of evil. He reached out to the sinner in love, but he hated sin. When a woman was found in adultery, Jesus did not say, “Your lifestyle is fine”. He said, “Go now and leave your life of sin” (John 8:11). In his Sermon on the Mount and in other teachings he insisted on a very high moral standard. He denounced the religious leaders of his time, saying “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, hypocrites” (Matthew chapter 23).

Scripture teaches that those who do certain kinds of acts, and live in certain kinds of ways (including impurity and sexual immorality), will not inherit the kingdom of God and will incur God’s wrath (Ephesians 5:5-7; Colossians 3:5-6; Galatians 5:19; see Romans 1:18-32; Revelation 21:8). It tells us “do not be partners” with such people (Ephesians 5:7). Jesus will come again “in blazing fire” to “punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 1:7,9)..

[color=99000][b]Where many today teach tolerance of every conceivable kind of behavior, Jesus drew a sharp line of division. He said that some behavior is sinful and should not be tolerated. He said that some things are good and some things are evil, and the evil cannot be tolerated or accepted. I believe we urgently need that line of division today.[/color][/b]

b. Moral relativity

Closely related to this teaching of tolerance is the concept of moral relativity. It is said, by many, that there are no moral absolutes.

Again, this is contrary to the Biblical standard. The Bible is very clear. There is good and there is evil, and the two must never be confused. “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter” (Isaiah 5:20). Jesus drew very sharp lines between what was good and what was evil, what was moral and what was immoral. He spoke of those who “loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil” (John 3:19). He said that at the end of the age his angels will weed out of the kingdom of God “everything that causes sin and all who do evil” and throw them into the fiery furnace, while “the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father” (Matthew 13:40-43; see Matthew 13:49).

Jesus drew a sharp line of division between good and evil, which modern teaching seeks to blur. When we blur the line between good and evil, we invite all kinds of evil. I believe we urgently need to return to Jesus’ sharp line of division.

[color=990000][b]c. Universal religion

There are those, today, who dream of having a single, universal religion that all can accept. They assert that “all religions are essentially the same” and that ending religious disagreements will promote world peace. They try to combine features of Eastern religions (such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Confucianism), of New Age thinking, and much else, with some of Jesus’ ethical teachings, into an amalgam that they hope will be acceptable to all.

Scripture is totally opposed to any such effort.

Jesus declared that the one whom he called Father is “the only true God” (John 17:3), and that no man comes to God except through Jesus (John 14:6; see also Acts 4:12). God repeatedly told his people that he is the only true God. “I am the first and I am the last. Apart from me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6). “I am God and there is no other” (Isaiah 46:9; see also Isaiah 45:18, 21). Paul wrote, “there is only one God” (Romans 3:30). “There is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live, and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live” (1 Corinthians 8:6; see also James 4:12).[/color][/b]

New Age teaching asserts that all paths lead, ultimately, to the same mountaintop. Jesus said that there are two paths, or roads. One is broad and leads to eternal destruction. Many travel by it The other is narrow and leads to eternal life. Few find it (Matthew 7:13-14). We need to choose which road we will follow. We need to “make every effort” to follow the narrow road (Luke 13:24).

The one true God is not Allah, or Buddha, or any of the Hindu gods, or the “gods” of the New Age movement, or “the goddess” of the feminist movement, or some impersonal force or consciousness. It is the God of Scripture, and him only, whom we must acknowledge, worship and serve if we would claim the promises of the gospel of Christ. He requires our exclusive worship. He will not share it with any other so-called “gods”.

God is very explicit about all this. He warned his people, over and over, to have nothing to do with other so-called “gods”. He told them not to worship other gods and not to listen to anyone who tells them to worship other gods (Deuteronomy chapter 13). He told them not to set a pagan image alongside his altar (Deuteronomy 16:21; see 2 Kings 17;41). He told them not to worship him in a pagan way (Deuteronomy 12:4). The whole thrust of the Mosaic law is that the worship of the one true God was not to be contaminated by any pagan elements. Much of the Old Testament history is related to God’s insistence that his people should worship him and him alone. Ultimately the ten northern tribes of Israel were conquered and dispersed because “they worshiped other gods” (2 Kings 17:7-23).

Paul expressed the same concern. Speaking of the whole range of “gods” whom the non-Christians worshiped in his day - Greek and Roman gods, Egyptian and Persian gods, and the gods of various “mystery” religions - he wrote, “The sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons” (1 Corinthians 10:20-21).

God’s concern is vividly expressed in the following passage from the prophet Jeremiah,

“‘Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their Glory for worthless idols. Be appalled at this, O heavens, and shudder with great horror,’ declares the Lord. ‘My people have committed two sins. They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water’” (Jeremiah 2:11-13).

God is declaring clearly that he is the only God and that anything else which claims to be a god is not a god at all. It is worthless, like a broken jar that cannot hold water. And he is appalled that his people have left him to follow after such false and worthless things. I believe that those, today, who assert that all gods are the same and all religions are the same are doing just what this passage describes. They are forsaking the spring of living waters and digging broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

Scripture sometimes speaks of God as a “jealous” God (Exodus 20:5). This does not mean that he is envious of, or feels threatened by, other so-called “gods”. Rather it means that he is “zealous” (another meaning of the same Hebrew word), he is intensely concerned, to protect his people from going down a path that will lead to their destruction, much as a mother would be zealous to make sure that her young child does not run out into a busy street.

d. Naturalism

In his remarkable book “How Then Shall We Live” (Tyndale House, 1999 (revised)) pp. 19-26, Chuck Colson speaks of the conflict of “theism versus naturalism. Theism is the belief that there is a transcendent God who created the universe; naturalism is the belief that natural causes alone are sufficient to explain everything that exists.” I believe that these two views cannot coexist. Either there is a God who created all things (including me) and to whom I am accountable for all my actions and decisions, or else everything is the result of natural forces and I have no accountability to anyone.

Our nation was founded on theistic principles. Its founders believed that, without personal morality based on a strong Christian religion, democracy could not survive. But we have moved strongly in the direction of naturalism. Indeed, in our zeal to avoid “establishing” any religion, we have come very close to establishing naturalism as the religion of our public school system.

Here again, Jesus calls for a clear division. He spoke of his Father as the creator (Mark 10:6, 13:19). Jesus himself existed before the world (the physical universe) began (John 17:5; John 1:1-2). He participated in the creation of the physical universe (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:2). By his Incarnation, Resurrection and Ascension he demonstrated God’s power over all material things. His whole ministry declares our accountability to God for our acts. And a time will come when he will judge us by the decisions we have made (John 5:27-30).

Jesus confronts us with a choice between these two world-views. To accept the naturalistic world-view is to reject Jesus Christ.

[color=990000][b]4. Conclusion.

I believe we are approaching what Scripture refers to as the end times. As we approach them, I believe the lines are being more sharply drawn between good and evil, between truth and falsity, between the one true God and other false “gods”, and between theism and naturalism. We must choose. There is no middle ground. Jesus confronts us with the choice. He divides us and judges us according to how we have chosen.

Lysa, what I post offends you because you do not know your Bible. Clear and Simple. Whatever opinions we have as believers must be compared to the lens of Scripture. When we do that, we are able to discard the opinions we have that generate from our flesh and embrace those from God (that are found in His Word, The Holy Bible)[/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/12/29 21:39

Re:

ARTICLE 7
"FROM THENCE HE WILL COME AGAIN TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEAD"

I. HE WILL COME AGAIN IN GLORY

Christ already reigns through the Church. . .

668 "Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living."548 Christ's Ascension into heaven signifies his participation, in his humanity, in God's power and authority. Jesus Christ is Lord: he possesses all power in heaven and on earth. He is "far above all rule and authority and power and dominion", for the Father "has put all things under his feet."549 Christ is Lord of the cosmos and of history. In him human history and indeed all creation are "set forth" and transcendently fulfilled.550

669 As Lord, Christ is also head of the Church, which is his Body.551 Taken up to heaven and glorified after he had thus fully accomplished his mission, Christ dwells on earth in his Church. The redemption is the source of the authority that Christ, by virtue of the Holy Spirit, exercises over the Church. "The kingdom of Christ [is] already present in mystery", "on earth, the seed and the beginning of the kingdom".552

670 Since the Ascension God's plan has entered into its fulfillment. We are already at "the last hour".553 "Already the final age of the world is with us, and the renewal of the world is irrevocably under way; it is even now anticipated in a certain real way, for the Church on earth is endowed already with a sanctity that is real but imperfect."554 Christ's kingdom already manifests its presence through the miraculous signs that attend its proclamation by the Church.555

. . .until all things are subjected to him

671 Though already present in his Church, Christ's reign is nevertheless yet to be fulfilled "with power and great glory" by the King's return to earth.556 This reign is still under attack by the evil powers, even though they have been defeated definitively by Christ's Passover.557 Until everything is subject to him, "until there be realized new heavens and a new earth in which justice dwells, the pilgrim Church, in her sacraments and institutions, which belong to this present age, carries the mark of this world which will pass, and she herself takes her place among the creatures which groan and travail yet and await the revelation of the sons of God."558 That is why Christians pray, above all in the Eucharist, to hasten Christ's return by saying to him:559 Marana tha! "Our Lord, come!"560

672 Before his Ascension Christ affirmed that the hour had not yet come for the glorious establishment of the messianic kingdom awaited by Israel561 which, according to the prophets, was to bring all men the definitive order of justice, love and peace.562 According to the Lord, the present time is the time of the Spirit and of witness, but also a time still marked by "distress" and the trial of evil which does not spare the Church563 and ushers in the struggles of the last days. It is a time of waiting and watching.564

The glorious advent of Christ, the hope of Israel

673 Since the Ascension Christ's coming in glory has been imminent,565 even though "it is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has fixed by his own authority."566. This eschatological coming could be accomplished at any moment, even if both it and the final trial that will precede it are "delayed".567

674 The glorious Messiah's coming is suspended at every moment of history until his recognition by "all Israel", for "a hardening has come upon part of Israel" in their "unbelief" toward Jesus.568 St. Peter says to the Jews of Jerusalem after Pentecost: "Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old."569 St. Paul echoes him: "For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?"570 The "full inclusion" of the Jews in the Messiah's salvation, in the wake of "the full number of the Gentiles",571 will enable the People of God to achieve "the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ", in which "God may be all in all".572

The Church's ultimate trial

675 Before Christ's second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.573 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth574 will unveil the "mystery of iniquity" in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.575

676 The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism,576 especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism.577

677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.578 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God's victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.579 God's triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.580

II. TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEAD

678 Following in the steps of the prophets and John the Baptist, Jesus announced the judgment of the Last Day in his preaching.581 Then will the conduct of each one and the secrets of hearts be brought to light.582 Then will the culpable unbelief that counted the offer of God's grace as nothing be condemned.583 Our attitude to our neighbor will disclose acceptance or refusal of grace and divine love.584 On the Last Day Jesus will say: "Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me."585

679 Christ is Lord of eternal life. Full right to pass definitive judgment on the works and hearts of men belongs to him as redeemer of the world. He "acquired" this right by his cross. The Father has given "all judgment to the Son".586 Yet the Son did not come to judge, but to save and to give the life he has in himself.587 By rejecting grace in this life, one already judges oneself, receives according to one's works, and can even condemn oneself for all eternity by rejecting the Spirit of love.588

IN BRIEF

680 Christ the Lord already reigns through the Church, but all the things of this world are not yet subjected to him. The triumph of Christ's kingdom will not come about without one last assault by the powers of evil.

681 On Judgment Day at the end of the world, Christ will come in glory to achieve the definitive triumph of good over evil which, like the wheat and the tares, have grown up together in the course of history.

682 When he comes at the end of time to judge the living and the dead, the glorious Christ will reveal the secret disposition of hearts and will render to each man according to his works, and according to his acceptance or refusal of grace.

548 Rom 14:9.
549 Eph 1:20-22.
550 Eph 1:10; cf. 4:10; 1 Cor 15:24, 27-28.
551 Cf. Eph 1:22.
552 LG 3; 5; cf. Eph 4:11-13.
553 I Jn 2:18; cf. I Pt 4:7.
554 LG 48 # 3; cf. I Cor 10:11.
555 Cf. Mk 16:17-18, 20.
556 Lk 21:27; cf. Mt 25:31.
557 Cf. 2 Th 2:7.
558 LG 48 # 3; cf. 2 Pt 3:13; Rom 8:19-22; I Cor 15:28.
559 Cf. I Cor 11:26; 2 Pt 3:11-12.
560 1 Cor 16:22; Rev 22:17,20.
561 Cf. Acts 1:6-7.
562 Cf. Is 11:1-9.
563 Cf. Acts 1:8; I Cor 7:26; Eph 5:16; I Pt 4:17.
564 Cf. Mt 25:1, 13; Mk 13:33-37; I Jn 2:18; 4:3; I Tim 4:1.
565 Cf. Rev 22:20.
566 Acts 1:7; Cf. Mk 13:32.
567 Cf. Mt 24:44; I Th 5:2; 2 Th 2:3-12.
568 Rom I 1:20-26; cf. Mt 23:39.
569 Acts 3:19-21.
570 Rom 11:15.
571 Rom 11:12, 25; cf. Lk 21:24.
572 Eph 4:13; I Cor 15:28.
573 Cf. Lk 18:8; Mt 24:12.
574 Cf. Lk 21:12; Jn 15:19-20.
575 Cf. 2 Th 2:4-12; I Th 5:2-3; 2 Jn 7; I Jn 2:1 8, 22.
576 Cf. DS 3839.
577 Pius XI, Divini Redemptoris, condemning the "false mysticism" of this "counterfeit of the redemption of the lowly"; cf. GS 20-21.
578 Cf. Rev 19:1-9.
579 Cf Rev 13:8; 20:7-10; 21:2-4.
580 Cf. Rev 20:12 2 Pt 3:12-13.
581 Cf. Dan 7:10; Joel 3-4; Mal 3: 19; Mt 3:7-12.
582 Cf Mk 12:38-40; Lk 12:1-3; Jn 3:20-21; Rom 2:16; I Cor 4:5.
583 Cf. Mt 11:20-24; 12:41-42.
584 Cf. Mt 5:22; 7:1-5.
585 Mt 25:40.
586 Jn 5:22; cf. 5:27; Mt 25:31; Acts 10:42; 17:31; 2 Tim 4:1.
587 Cf. Lk 21:12; Jn 15:19-20.
588 Cf. Jn 3:17; 5:26. 588 Cf. Jn 3:18; 12:48; Mt 12:32; I Cor 3:12-15; Heb 6:4-6; 10:26-31.

2009/12/29 23:59

Re:

To Deepthinker:

How many phony "posters" have you created, to support your heresies, Deepthinker? How many other of your "friends" are also phoney? How about Alive-to-God, is that real? How about the other two that support your heresy? Lysa, is that real, or just you?

You have just created this new "poster" today "CCC123"

How "convenient".

[color=990000][b]It is a sad thing that you have to create "fictious posters" that supposedly support the "junk" (I.E. Error, and not taught in the Bible or the Church, since the beginning) that you try to post here as being creditable to the body of Christ. [/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

by CCC123 on 2009/12/29 20:59:33

ARTICLE 7
"FROM THENCE HE WILL COME AGAIN TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEAD"

I. HE WILL COME AGAIN IN GLORY

Christ already reigns through the Church. . .

668 "Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living."548 Christ's Ascension into heaven signifies his participation, in his humanity, in God's power and authority. Jesus Christ is Lord: he possesses all power in heaven and on earth. He is "far above all rule and authority and power and dominion", for the Father "has put all things under his feet."549 Christ is Lord of the cosmos and of history. In him human history and indeed all creation are "set forth" and transcendently fulfilled.550

669 As Lord, Christ is also head of the Church, which is his Body.551 Taken up to heaven and glorified after he had thus fully accomplished his mission, Christ dwells on earth in his Church. The redemption is the source of the authority that Christ, by virtue of the Holy Spirit, exercises over the Church. "The kingdom of Christ [is] already present in mystery", "on earth, the seed and the beginning of the kingdom".552

DELETED[/QUOTE]

2009/12/30 0:17

Re:

Walter:

I'm not that guy you accuse me of being.

2009/12/30 0:26

Re:

To CCC123???

[b]Yes, you are "real", sure, sure you are, of course.

No real name.

Created out of nothing today.

No real email address.

No information-State, occupation. Just like all of the other "friends" of Deepthinker.

And guess what, you agree 100% with the heresies posted here by Deepthinker.

How "convenient" for Deepthinker. He has finally found "someone else" who will agree with him.[/b]

Walter

2009/12/30 0:39

Re: The Scarlent thread of Blood

To Deepthinker, and those "posters?, both new and old "supporters" who "support?????" him and the[b] Christian HERESIES that he continues to post:[/b]

The Bible, from beginning to end has a scarlet thread of red blood running through it!

[b]The Blood pictured in the Old Testament[/b]

[color=990000][b]The scarlet thread running through the Bible is a picture of the Blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the Cross to wash away sin. The Old Testament Book of Genesis, the first book of the Bible, gives us the earliest picture of the Blood. God Himself killed an animal and clothed Adam and Eve with skin. Blood had to be spilled for our first parents to have the nakedness of their sins covered, "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them" (Genesis 3:21). Their sins were covered up and forgotten, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7). [/color][/b]

Our first parents had two sons, Cain and Abel.
"And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect" (Genesis 4:2-5).

Some modern commentators miss the point here. Charles C. Ryrie incorrectly says, "A bloodless offering was perfectly appropriate; it was Cain's attitude of unbelief that displeased God" ( Ryrie Study Bible, note on Genesis 4:3). But the Bible says, "Unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect" (Genesis 4:5).[color=990000][b] God did not respect Cain's offering. Why? The reason is obvious: because no blood had been shed. The Scofield Reference Bible makes this clear, "This type is brought into prominence by contrast with Cain's bloodless offering of the fruit of his own works, and proclaims, in the very infancy of the race, the primal truth that 'without shedding of blood is no remission' (Hebrews 9:22)" (note on Genesis 4:4). Dr. Ryrie was not correct when he said that Cain's offering was "perfectly appropriate." [/color][/b]

Dr. J. Vernon McGee correctly says of Cain's offering:
And the offering he brought denied that human nature is evil. God said, "Bring that little blood sacrifice which will point to the Redeemer who is coming into the world"… The difference between Cain and Abel was not a character difference at all, but the difference was in the offerings which they brought (J. Vernon McGee, Thru the Bible, Nashville: Thomas Nelson, volume I, p. 29).

Abel brought a blood offering. Cain did not bring a blood offering. "But unto Cain and to his offering he [God] had not respect" (Genesis 4:5). No blood - no respect - end of argument! Cain's offering was rejected. Abel's offering was accepted, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7).
After the Great Flood, the first thing Noah did was to offer a blood sacrifice.

"Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt-offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake…" (Genesis 8:20-21).

[color=990000]Just as Abel brought a blood sacrifice, so did Noah. The scarlet line of blood, pointing to the Blood of Christ, continued.

With the call of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3), God began forming the nation of Israel to serve Him. But Abraham had to understand the importance of a blood sacrifice for sin. When Abraham took his son Isaac and went up to Mount Moriah, the boy Isaac said, "Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt-offering?" (Genesis 22:7). The little boy knew they had to have a blood offering. He had learned it. God had told Abraham to offer Isaac (Genesis 22:2). But when Abraham raised his knife, God said:

"Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son" (Genesis 22:12-13).

The scarlet thread of blood sacrifice continued - pointing to the Blood sacrifice of Christ. John the Baptist pointed to Jesus and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). [/color]

After the time of Abraham, the Hebrew people went down into Egypt during a great famine, because there was food in Egypt. They grew into a great nation there, but the Pharaoh enslaved them. God called Moses to lead them out of Egyptian slavery, back into the promised land.

On the night before the Hebrews left Egypt, God said He would send death to the firstborn children of the Egyptians. This was a judgment from God, given because Pharaoh would not let the Hebrews go. That night, God told Moses to institute the Passover. God told Moses to have the Hebrews put the blood of a lamb on "the two side posts and on the upper door post" of their houses (Exodus 12:7). Then God said:

[b]"And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt" (Exodus 12:13). [/b]

The Scofield note on Exodus 12:11 says, "The Passover, type of Christ our Redeemer." The scarlet line continued, pointing forward to the Blood of Christ.

The Hebrew people left Egypt and went out into the wilderness. They came to Mount Sinai. Moses went up the mountain and God gave him the Ten Commandments, written "with the finger of God" on two tablets of stone (Exodus 31:18). The covenant of the Law was established with a blood sacrifice:

"And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words" (Exodus 24:8).

Andrew Murray said, "It was in that blood the covenant had its foundation and power. It is by the blood alone, that man can be brought into covenant fellowship [with God]. That which had been foreshadowed at the gate of Eden, on Mount Ararat [by Noah], on Moriah [by Abraham], and in Egypt, was now confirmed at the foot of Sinai in a most solemn manner. Without blood there could be no access by sinful man to a Holy God. There is, however, a marked difference…On Moriah the life was redeemed by the shedding of blood. In Egypt it was sprinkled on the door posts of the houses; but [here] at Sinai, it was sprinkled on the persons themselves. The contact was closer, the application more powerful" (Andrew Murray, The Power of the Blood of Jesus, New Kensington, Pennsylvania: Whitaker House, 1993, p. 12). The scarlet thread continued through the Bible. "And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people" (Exodus 24:8).

[color=990000][b]The old hymn says:

There is a fountain filled with blood Drawn from Emmanuel's veins,
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood, Lose all their guilty stains.
("There Is a Fountain," by William Cowper, 1731-1800).

And another old song asks,

Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you washed in the blood, in the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
("Are You Washed in the Blood?" by Elisha A. Hoffman, 1839-1929). [/color][/b]

We must come one more time to the scarlet thread of the Blood in the Old Testament. This last time, we are thinking of the Day of Atonement, called Yom Kippur. The Hebrew word "kaphar" is translated "atonement" in our English Bible. This word literally means "to cover." God covers our sins by the Blood of Christ. The Day of Atonement points to that. Our sins are covered when we trust Jesus - and God will never see them. In Leviticus 17 God said:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement [a covering] for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" (Leviticus 17:11).

This obviously points to the Blood of Christ. "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins" (Hebrews 10:4). "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus" (Hebrews 10:19).

With the clear understanding that the blood in Leviticus 17 points forward to the Blood of Jesus, we have a very clear statement:

"For it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul"
(Leviticus 17:11).

Dr. J. Vernon McGee said:
I consider verse 11 one of the key verses of this book [of Leviticus]. The life is in the blood. This is restated in verse 14. This is the basis of all sacrifice…This is a great, eternal truth. This explains why Abel's sacrifice was more excellent than Cain's. It is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. The blood of Christ is the only thing that can wash away sin (ibid., pp. 405-406).

Then Dr. McGee quotes this song:
What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow That makes me white as snow,
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
("Nothing But the Blood" by Robert Lowry, 1826-1899).
Are you beginning to see the importance of the blood? Do you see the type, or illustration, of the blood in the words "Thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window"? (Joshua 2:18). As we continue to follow the scarlet thread through the Bible, we turn now to the New Testament, where we see that salvation comes through the death of Christ, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7).
II. The Blood described by Jesus Christ.

We cannot give you all that Jesus said about His Blood in this one sermon. But we will look at two instances: first, what He said in the "Bread of Life Discourse," and second, what He said when He instituted the Lord's Supper. These two instances trace the scarlet line in the Bible to Christ Himself.

At the end of Jesus' "Bread of Life sermon," He said:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you…He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him" (John 6:53, 56).

Jesus had said concerning His flesh that he would give it "for the life of the world" (John 6:51). Then He said, "Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you" (John 6:53). Jesus was saying that He fulfilled all of the types and illustrations of the Old Testament Scriptures. The Old Testament taught again and again that life and the forgiveness of sins could only come through the death and the blood of a sacrifice. Salvation was "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7).
When Jesus told them to eat His flesh and drink His Blood, He was not telling them to practice cannibalism. Dr. J. Vernon McGee comments:

He is not saying to them to begin to eat Him and to drink His blood! What He is saying is that He is going to give His life…He will shed His blood upon the cross and give His life. Salvation is by accepting and receiving Him in a most intimate way (ibid., p. 407).

At the beginning of the Gospel of John we read:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God…" (John 1:12).
These words "eat my flesh and drink my blood" are pictures of "receiving" Christ (John 1:12). The Bible tells us to believe on Him, to come to Him, to trust Him, to receive Him, to eat His flesh and drink His Blood. These are human expressions which explain to you that you must personally contact Jesus Christ to be saved. You must have a living relationship to Him! "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).

But notice that Jesus said, "Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life" (John 6:54). He makes a clear distinction between His death and His Blood in this verse.

In The MacArthur Study Bible, John MacArthur repeats his error that the Blood of Christ is only "a substitute word" for His death. In footnote number 44, on page 190 of Preaching to a Dying Nation, Dr. Cagan and I list 8 citations in The MacArthur Study Bible where Dr. MacArthur says that the Blood is merely another word for the death of Christ. MacArthur says, "Blood is used as a substitute word for death" (cf. p. 1911, The MacArthur Study Bible). But Dr. MacArthur is wrong. "Blood" is not "a substitute word" for death in John 6:53-56. It is clear in John 6:54 that the death of His flesh and His Blood are two separate things, "Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life" (John 6:54). You must have the death of Christ to pay the penalty for your sin (Romans 5:10). But you must also have the Blood of Christ to cleanse you from sin (I John 1:7). "Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you" (John 6:53). You must have your sins paid for by His death, and you must have your sins washed, cleansed by His Blood!
On page 237 of The MacArthur New Testament Commentary on Hebrews (Chicago: Moody Press, 1983), Dr. MacArthur said, "It was not Jesus' physical blood which saves us. Christ's own physical blood, in itself, does not cleanse from sin." This is a direct contradiction of I John 1:7,
"The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

[color=990000][b]Our forefathers [u]answered the liberals concerning the Blood of Christ. Liberals like Harry Emerson Fosdick denied the Blood, while our Bible-believing forefathers, like Dr. R. A. Torrey and Dr. J. Gresham Machen, proclaimed and defended the Blood. [/u]Why has this issue been raised anew by Dr. MacArthur? These are days when Bible-believing Christians should stand once again for "The Book, the Blood, and the Blessed Hope." It is as wrong for us to sit in quiet silence while the Blood of Christ is denied as it would have been if R. A. Torrey or J. Gresham Machen had remained silent when the liberals attacked the Blood in their day. The Bible still says:[/color][/b]

[color=990000][b]"The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin"
(I John 1:7).
Now think about what Jesus said when He instituted the Lord's Supper:
"And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins"
(Matthew 26:27-28).

The scarlet line of blood takes us to the Lord's Supper, as we follow that blood-red cord through the Bible.
Paul gives us the two elements in the Lord's Supper in I Corinthians 11:23-26. He tells us that Jesus said, "Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me" (11:24). Then we are told, "After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me" (11:25).

These verses tell us two things. First, the Lord's Supper is done "in remembrance" of what Jesus did on the Cross. It does not impart grace to us, as the Catholics say. It is done "in remembrance of me." Second, there are two elements in the Lord's Supper, to remind us of the death of Christ's Body, and, secondly, to remind us of His Blood. There are two elements in the Lord's Supper. [/color]

Dr. John MacArthur said:

I believe that to speak of Christ's blood, as it was shed on the cross, is the same as referring to his death. They aren't two elements as some people are trying to teach (see Preaching to a Dying Nation by R. L. Hymers, Jr. and Christopher Cagan for the reference, p. 173).

[u]But the Lord's Supper shows clearly that Dr. MacArthur is wrong. Every time we take the Lord's Supper we are clearly shown that he is wrong.[/u] The bread reminds us of the death of Christ. The cup reminds us of the Blood of Christ. They are two separate elements in the Bible (cf. Matthew 26:27-28; I Corinthians 11:23-25). The scarlet thread runs through the teachings of Christ Himself on the Lord's Supper. The Lord's Supper shows that salvation comes by the death of Jesus, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7).

If you read what I have written carefully, you will see that I have not attacked John MacArthur. I have made no attack whatsoever on him as a person. All I have done is answer his doctrines on the Blood, which he has given publicly for several years. It is not wrong for me to correct false doctrine, particularly on cardinal doctrines like the Blood of Christ. Every pastor in America ought to make sure that he teaches his people correct doctrine. Every pastor should make sure that he corrects false doctrines on fundamental subjects like the Blood. It is not unloving or unscriptural to make sure that people understand what the Bible says about the Blood of Christ, and to correct those who misrepresent Christ's Blood.

[u]The Blood in the teachings of the Apostles.[/u]

[color=990000]I only have time to list a few of the places where the Apostles spoke of the Blood of Christ. We read of the importance of the Blood in Romans 3:24-25 and Romans 5:9. We read of the Blood in I Corinthians 10:16; in Galatians 6:14; in Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; in Colossians 1:20; in Hebrews 9:12; 9:14; 10:19; 12:24; 13:12-13; and 13:20. We read of Christ's Blood in I Peter 1:2, and in 1:18-19; and in I John 1:7. In the Book of Revelation the Blood of Christ is spoken of many times, in Revelation 1:5; 5:8-9; 7:14; and 12:11. The harlot Rahab "bound the scarlet line in the window" (Joshua 2:21). And that scarlet red line runs from one end of the Bible to the other - telling us about the precious Blood of Jesus Christ - that washes away sin.

I close this post by quoting from the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible:

"Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood" (Revelation 1:5).

Those in Heaven will be saved, but "not without blood" (Hebrews 9:7).

And I ask you "Have you been washed from your sins by the Blood of Jesus?"

Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

Are you washed in the blood, in the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?

Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?"

("Are You Washed in the Blood?" by Elisha A. Hoffman, 1839-1929). [/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

[url=http://www.rlhymersjr.com/Online_Sermons/02-17-02AM_TheScarletThreadThroughTheBible.html]The Scarlet Thread of blood[/url]

2009/12/30 0:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy