SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question of the day?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Question of the day?

I read this question that was shared with some brothers and sisters and it really stuck me. I am wondering what thoughts others might have on this?

God Bless
maryjane
___

Question of the day… Which is worse: those who can’t live it, and try? Or those who can Live it, and don’t?

2009/12/23 13:43Profile
Compton

Re: Question of the day?

That one is so easy as to be rhetorical...don't you think? ;-)
MC

2009/12/23 13:50Profile
Leo_Grace

Scripture shows us that God looks at the heart of men more than anything else; it is the intent that matters, not the accomplishment.

The one who tries despite all frustration is justified before God; the one who doesn't care to try is lost even if he can accomplish more by his natural abilities.

[i]Pr 15:11 Death and Destruction lie open before the LORD — how much more the hearts of men![/i]

2009/12/23 13:56Profile

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
___

Question of the day… Which is worse: those who can’t live it, and try? Or those who can Live it, and don’t?

My answer: those who can and don't.

2009/12/23 15:28
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I am thinking of the parable of the two sons, one who said he would go into the field and work but didn't, and the other son who said he would not work but ended up doing it anyway...who did the work?

2009/12/23 15:55Profile

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2009/12/23 16:27

Mary Jane, I pick this one [b]" those who can’t live it, and try? [/b]I can't live it. After all aren't we dead? And Christ who is our life lives through us?

2009/12/23 16:37
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

They are equal......Neither is capable on his own accord.

John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

2009/12/23 18:11Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

thanks for all the different thoughts on this. Some really good thoughts shared to be thinking on. I was telling my husband that when I read this simple question, what struck me first was that I really have no excuse. I mean as one who knows the Lord, as one who has access to the Bible, I have no real excuse for not living for Him. I have no excuse for not dying to my flesh and living for Him daily!!! What is even more amazing is He even supplies me with all that I need in order to walk with Him daily.God is completely worthy of all our love, and devotion!!

God Bless
maryjane

2009/12/23 19:31Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Amen Mary Jane...here is one of my increasingly favorite passages of scripture.

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ to them that have obtained [b]like precious faith[/b] with [b]us[/b]. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, [b]according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:[/b]
II Peter 1:1-3 KJV

2009/12/23 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy