SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do pets go to Heaven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jmooney6

Do pets go to Heaven?

Hello my Fellow Brothers and Sisters,

This wondering started yesterday when my bird (well, God's bird, as all things are technically His) became misshapen and labored in her breathing. My parents and I called around for a vet and took her to one (in a small cage wrapped in a warm blanket, of course). I prayed and left it up to God to do what He thought best in accordance to His Will.

Of course this has become a time of tribulation for me, as it has saddened me a lot (and I'm still weepy). But it's also a time for joy, because I have Someone special to rely on for comfort and strength. If I didn't have Jesus as my Lord, I'd probably be an emotional wreck.

Anyways, getting to the question, will I see my Gabby in Heaven? Of course, one answer is that one must get right with God to get to Heaven in the first place, that God comes first ALWAYS, so that's a given. The Bible does mention animals after the Great Tribulation, but I'm assuming here that those are new creations living in the restored Earth rather than resurrected ones. Any thoughts my Brothers and Sisters? I have a feeling Jesus has her waiting for me.

2009/12/5 16:46Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Do pets go to Heaven?

All things wise and wonderful, all creatures
great and small; the LORD GOD made them all.
All things in creation will be restored in
the kingdom of GOD. I don't mean your pet
will be there; but there will be so many
beautiful birds and things in paradise!!

2009/12/5 17:04Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I think man is unique in that he has a spirit. He is a spiritual being created so in the image of God. Animals have brains, and bodies, but not spirits. So, we see a lot of intelligence in the animal kingdom, but animals do not possess (if you can use that term) an immortal spirit.

We often grow to love our pets as members of our family. It is part of being human I guess. We are emotional beings. But I would have to say no, I don't believe animals go to heaven, even though when there is a new heaven and a new earth, I fully expect I will see animals there. But, since animals are not created in the image of God as spiritual beings, I would have to say no.

This doesn't mean that we should not feel emotions of loss when a favorite pet dies, and that there is anything wrong with being thankful that God has allowed us to enjoy His creation, or ask Him to help us to deal with the loss. I still remember fondly the collie that I had growing up. Thank you Lord for allowing me to enjoy Your creation in that way.

2009/12/5 17:52Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hello jmooney6,
Loosing a pet is a sad thing, allow God to comfort you over this.

The bible has an answer to your question in Eccl 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Animals do not have a soul, they are different from humans. They cannot think the way we do. Their spirit returns to the earth, they do not go to heaven or hell.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Once you get there, there will be no mourning over anything.

2009/12/5 20:02Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hello jmooney6,
Loosing a pet is a sad thing, allow God to comfort you over this.

The bible has an answer to your question in Eccl 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Animals do not have a soul, they are different from humans. They cannot think the way we do. Their spirit returns to the earth, they do not go to heaven or hell.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Once you get there, there will be no mourning over anything.

2009/12/5 20:02Profile
jimp

hi,as i once saw many birds praise God and know that everything that has breath praise the Lord.... read rev 5;13... thats your bird in that verse.jimp

2009/12/6 2:02Profile
HeartSong

When my beloved pet died, the Lord showed me that it was He that had brought forth that life and placed it within my care.

I was holding my dog when he died. One second he was there, and the next second he was gone - and all that I was left holding was a bag of bones. From this I realized that it was the beauty of what the Lord had placed within my pet that I loved and not the thing in itself - that it was the life that He had placed within my dog that I loved - that it was God that I loved for it was He that had given that life.

In realizing this, I would say that the essence of your pet - that which you loved - will be in heaven, for that is what makes heaven what it is, it is the presence of the Lord.

2009/12/6 4:03Profile
Rinaldi

Re: Do pets go to heaven

I believe yes. 1. Mary Baxter went to Heaven and I believe she saw animals there. Read Divine Revel. of Heaven. 2. When you reckon yourself dead and alive unto God Rom 6.6, your affections are His,and His yours, and you want to be with your pets. It's almost an innate desire, which 3. is an earnest from God. 4. He interests Himself with our cares/interests/wants (even as we do with/to His)--we want to see our pets again and know they will be in heaven. 5. because heaven is good, therefore our pets will be there (even if their owners won't). Not a sparrow is unknown to God, Careth God for oxen?

2009/12/6 7:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
hi,as i once saw many birds praise God and know that everything that has breath praise the Lord.... read rev 5;13... that is your bird in that verse.jimp

Yep, the old crows!

2009/12/6 9:02
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear HeartSong,

Your post has been saved against future need.

Quote:
In realizing this, I would say that the essence of your pet - that which you loved - will be in heaven, for that is what makes heaven what it is, it is the presence of the Lord.

My husband found it very touching and thoughtful. We have 3 aged dogs and can not happily anticipate their passing, although it is inevitable.

Thank you for posting on this thread.
white stone

2009/12/6 10:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy