SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The true origin of the Roman Catholic Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Leo_Grace

Re:

Dear mj,

Quote:
When I spoke of the guilt I was referring to the many times that my mother has shared how heart broken she is that her children who were baptized in the Catholic church would turn there back on it. She carries considerable guilt over this, she feels as if she has failed God.

I never considered the possibility of this kind of guilt with my mother, but you're right -- it is possibly one of the reasons she seems so determined to remain in the RCC. Let's continue to pray for both our families..

In Christ,
Leo

2009/12/2 15:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

PaulWest wrote:

Quote:

It means that Mary was conceived immaculately at birth (no original sin)....and remained sinless and virginal her entire life. Immaculate Conception basically is to Mary what Virgin Birth is to Christ. In a nutshell.

Well that's just plain foolishness.

*Edit* I always assumed that the immaculate conception was Christ's virgin birth. Guess I was way off. Seriously, Catholosism gets more and more foolish by the day.

2009/12/2 16:36Profile
swsojourner

Re:

Quote:
You Catholic bashers! lol... seriously tho, a simple read of the NT and it becomes clear to any casual reader that Jesus had sisters and brothers... including James and Jude. Mary did not remain a virgin. Even Ray Charles could see that.

actually, Martin Luther and John Calvin, all the Reformers, must have been blinder than Ray Charles, because they too believed in the virginity of the Virgin Mary. :) In fact, Martin Luther is on record describing the Immaculate Conception as a "pious belief". The introduction of the belief that Mary was not ever-virgin was from heretics c. 4th century, the universal Church was unanimous in their claim.

Now, ironically, saying that Mary was not ever-virgin is considered a sign of "Protestantism" when in actuality it had nothing to do with the Protestant Reformation.

FWIW,
Karsten

2009/12/2 18:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
actually, Martin Luther and John Calvin, all the Reformers, must have been blinder than Ray Charles, because they too believed in the virginity of the Virgin Mary. :) In fact, Martin Luther is on record describing the Immaculate Conception as a "pious belief". The introduction of the belief that Mary was not ever-virgin was from heretics c. 4th century, the universal Church was unanimous in their claim. Now, ironically, saying that Mary was not ever-virgin is considered a sign of "Protestantism" when in actuality it had nothing to do with the Protestant Reformation.

Yes. And this is what any thinking person will find if they study for themselves rather than taking Jack Chick's word for it.

2009/12/3 3:08

Re:

Quote:
Well that's just plain foolishness. *Edit* I always assumed that the immaculate conception was Christ's virgin birth. Guess I was way off. Seriously, Catholosism gets more and more foolish by the day.

Presumptuous they are...

Self willed...

Not afraid to speak evil of dignities...

2009/12/3 3:10
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

haydock wrote:
Quote:
Well that's just plain foolishness. *Edit* I always assumed that the immaculate conception was Christ's virgin birth. Guess I was way off. Seriously, Catholosism gets more and more foolish by the day.

Presumptuous they are...

Self willed...

haydock,
Ignorant of God's teachings you are...
Arrogant of your irrelevant knowledge you are...
Totally lost in false teachings you are...
Not afraid to disobey God you are...
Bound for hell you are...

2009/12/3 9:54Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

haydock wrote:

Quote:

Presumptuous they are...

Self willed...

haydock. You are decieved. What does the Bible say about Mary? What does it say? Show me where Mary was virginal her entire life and had no other children. Show me where it says that Mary is a "co-saver" with Christ. Show me where it says that Mary will petition on mortals behalf to the Lord. Open the Bible and show me in context.

Gloves off.

Show me.

2009/12/3 10:52Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

The problem with discussing Christianity with haydock is he doesn't believe in sola scriptura. Therefore he is no longer truly a Christian, he is a papist -- a non-Christian. He doesn't believe the Bible when it commands men not to add or subtract from Scripture.

To be blunt, he places his traditions and fruits of human "wisdom" above God's. He quotes Scripture only when it suits his argument. More often than not, he quotes the declarations of pitiful vessels of clay who think they are equal to God.

2009/12/3 10:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Leo wrote:The problem with discussing Christianity with haydock is he doesn't believe in sola scriptura. Therefore he is no longer truly a Christian, he is a papist -- a non-Christian. He doesn't believe the Bible when it commands men not to add or subtract from Scripture.

To be blunt, he places his traditions and fruits of human "wisdom" above God's. He quotes Scripture only when it suits his argument. More often than not, he quotes the declarations of pitiful vessels of clay who think they are equal to God.

____

This is exactly right and that is also why he will never be able to give you chapter and verse where it says that Mary was conceived and born free from sin, or that she was ever virgin, or that she was co-saver, or that we are to pray to her...the list goes on and on. He will simply fall back on the lies that we must look to traditions and men for understanding. His views have been twisted and he is deceived into following a false religion instead of the Lord Jesus. I am praying for him and all those lost in the RCC. I pray one day very soon they will come to know His truth and repent before it is to late.

God Bless
mj

2009/12/3 11:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
In fact, Martin Luther is on record describing the Immaculate Conception as a "pious belief"

It's completely understandable for any of these guys to believe the way they did. I mean after being indoctrinated all your life in a system that you thought was the correct way to God, a lot of the traditions do not fall away immediately. Even in the early days of Christianity the law did not fall away, nay, they continued to practice them even to the place where they thought that not doing them they'd lose out on Gods salvation. Paul had to step in and give them all a good shake up starting with the ring leader Peter. Brother Luther was no different.

I see that Haydock has moved up to sainthood to being "Anonymous".

2009/12/3 16:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy