SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : News Footage of Preacher Arrested on Alabama A&M Jesse Morrell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But if you have been arrested several times for the same thing, then why didn't you come and register as a guest?

Arrested for the same thing? What are you talking about? I have never been arrested for failure to acquire a permit.

I was arrested once in Hartford while preaching in the public square. The Police have since admitted that I was falsely arrsted.

And I was once arrested on Tyler Junior College. They don't even have a permit process. They simply don't allow preachers at all. That is why I now preach from the city street when preaching to the students there.

But like I said, I preach on so many campuses it would be too time consuming to try to contact the campuses a head of time. Most of the time I have learned from experience they don't even get back to you. So I just show up and preach and if they require a permit they come and tell me. I have never had any problems with that before. I have never been arrested like this before. If the campus requires a permit, most Officers will tell me that and I will simply go and get one.

Quote:
Are you writing posts as "NSCalvinist," "TheArminian," "GeorgeFox" or anyone else in this thread? If not, is this someone that is associated with you?

What if they are associated with me? What does that matter?

2009/11/30 19:36

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote

In Canada, we have the same freedom. Your missing the point. Free speech is not having your own way whenever you want to have it. It's having the freedom to express yourself at the designated venues. There are laws that are in place for "disturbing the peace".

Actually Thinker, I did address that in my post.

Now heres another point.

Free speech is often opposed by others as "disturbing the peace". This is a straw man.

When I have gone out to "open air" or "one on one witness", I have experenced a variety of good as well as bad reactions. I have also dealt with police officers. A few times, I have had to respectfully remind the officer about the laws concerning free speech in public places.

Sometimes I will stand the ground. Sometimes I will just look at the officer and say, O.K. I'm done and moving on....

So we must always know the law concerning free speech so that we can make good choices of when to take a stand and when to just move on.

A very good book on the subject; is "StreetSmarts" by Steve Levicoff this is an excellent book on the law, freespeech and witnessing in public.

2009/11/30 19:38
divdasunder

Ohio

Re:

Quote:
Are you writing posts as "NSCalvinist," "TheArminian," "GeorgeFox" or anyone else in this thread?

To be straight foward, Are you posting under these names?

I have always respected you Jesse, I have listened to and been challenged by your messages. I just would like to know the truth in this situation.

2009/11/30 19:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Jesse...

Quote:
Arrested for the same thing? What are you talking about? I have never been arrested for failure to acquire a permit.

I was arrested once in Hartford while preaching in the public square. The Police have since admitted that I was falsely arrsted.

And I was once arrested on Tyler Junior College. They don't even have a permit process. They simply don't allow preachers at all. That is why I now preach from the city street when preaching to the students there.

Regardless of the reason, you were arrested while preaching. For future reference, I would encourage you to take just a little time and check in with the schools to which you plan to preach. It only takes a few minutes. You may think that you have a "Constitutional right" of "free speech" to preach (and you certainly do). However, you might check in with the local authorities and see if they have a particular order for which you carry this out.

Quote:

jessemorrell wrote:
Quote:
Are you writing posts as "NSCalvinist," "TheArminian," "GeorgeFox" or anyone else in this thread? If not, is this someone that is associated with you?

What if they are associated with me? What does that matter?

It would matter if you are being completely honest. I would be highly disappointed if you (or someone associated with you) were writing in defense of yourself from a "third-person" perspective. It seems that it would be quite deceptive and "double-minded" to create another account and defend yourself or congratulate yourself from that account as if you were another person. Do you see what I mean? If this isn't true, then I apologize for bringing it up. I just wanted to check with you since others seem to think that you are actually writing from multiple identities that seem to indicate an entirely different individual altogether.

2009/11/30 19:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I do not find this discussion thread profitable. Also personally taking the name of an individual in many cases is definitely not profitable.

Please refrain from re-starting this discussion thread again. I am locking this thread.

2009/11/30 20:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy