SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Questions on Defending Others

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Questions on Defending Others

In my understanding "genuine biblical revival" would be a widespread movement of people who love God with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength and love their neighbor as themselves. This requires, among other things, knowing how exactly to love our neighbor as much as ourselves.

Here are some questions about how we can apply the command to love our neighbor as ourselves. These questions are not for christian pacifists or nonviolent christians.

Would you kill a murderer if it was the only way you saw to save the life of your own child?

What if the government said you were not allowed to defend your child against the murderer?

What if your wife hired the murderer?

What if it was your neighbor's child?

What if the child wasn't born yet?

What if it cost you your own life?

2009/11/29 18:24

Re: Questions on Defending Others

Who are you? There is nothing in your profile. You haven't introduced yourself..

I ask because we have been getting alot of "new" people to the forum but in reality they have been here before and are now being sneeky.

In regards to your questions of "what if" I ask what would you do?

2009/11/29 21:13

Re:

Quote:
I ask what would you do?

I don't know. I was pacifist until this year.

2009/11/30 0:16
Leo_Grace

Re:

There are several long threads on this topic already - that's why you'll probably find few takers here. Why don't you read those threads in this section to see what others think.

2009/11/30 0:19Profile

Re: Leo_Grace

Can you point me toward the threads you mentioned or tell me how I could find the relevant posts?

I figure if someone knows the right answers they may not need a lot of words to explain.

2009/11/30 1:26
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

IglueAsp wrote:
Can you point me toward the threads you mentioned or tell me how I could find the relevant posts?

I figure if someone knows the right answers they may not need a lot of words to explain.

Unfortunately, many people claim to have the right answers, and they don't necessarily agree. You'll have to sift through it it all and glean what you want.

Below are the links to two threads with slightly different points of view:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30531&forum=36&276]Will You Kill or Be Killed?[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30804&forum=36&29]Does the New Covenant Teach Non-Resistance,,,?[/url]

Happy reading!!

2009/11/30 1:50Profile

Re:

Thank you for getting those links for me but it looks like the topic of those threads is pacifism.

2009/11/30 2:05
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

IglueAsp wrote:
Thank you for getting those links for me but it looks like the topic of those threads is pacifism.

The second one is against the "doctrine" of non-resistance.

2009/11/30 3:08Profile

[b]"Whatever force is legitimate to defend the life of a born child is legitimate to defend the life of an unborn child."[/b]

Is it true?

Quote:
Would you kill a murderer if it was the only way you saw to save the life of your own child? [color=0000FF]Seems like it would be wrong not to.[/color]

What if the government said you were not allowed to defend your child against the murderer? [color=0000FF]Wouldn't that undermine the very foundation of their authority?[/color]

What if your wife hired the murderer? [color=0000FF]no difference[/color]

What if it was your neighbor's child? [color=0000FF]love your neighbor as yourself[/color]

What if the child wasn't born yet? [color=0000FF]"who is my neighbor?"[/color]

What if it cost you your own life? [color=0000FF]no difference[/color]

2009/12/1 9:41

I believe in gun control.

;-)

Krispy

2009/12/1 9:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy