SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
EDIT: The point here being that it really makes no difference if the voice is coming from just one vessel, or many vessels, it is one in the same voice.

So some will speak with a forked tongue! I think Brother James has something to say about that and it ain't flattering at all! He says it ought not so to be! (James 3:9-10)

Still, it is intimidating to have opposition and now come to find out it in reality [i]could[/i] have been one and the same person! This is hypocrisy at its worse, IMHO. SIGH.

Oh well...a body learns something new everyday and today this a new piece of information I have to deal with.

ginnyrose

2009/11/12 14:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Ginnyrose, just give it to Him. In Him we can stand against anything - no matter how great the opposition. Man's laws will not protect us against the enemy - only the Lord can protect us from the wiles of the devil.

2009/11/12 14:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Man's laws will not protect us against the enemy - only the Lord can protect us from the wiles of the devil

True.

Thanks!

ginnyrose

2009/11/12 15:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But again, if it's allowable then that is much different.

And if it is I would think the forum loses its credibility.

ginnyrose

2009/11/12 16:07Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Leo-Grace: Maybe one would want not want all of this information shared with the general public who may view the site, but at least the information you suggest should be required to create an account and accessable to the moderators. I think some sort of application for membership should be filled out (perhaps with a testimony) and all new members approved by the moderators. More work for them I understand, but the application process alone would probably deter a good number of those who only seek to cause trouble.

2009/11/13 15:33Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
. . . the application process alone would probably deter a good number of those who only seek to cause trouble.

What if the Lord sent some of those trouble makers so that they might be saved?

What if the Lord let some of those trouble makers come to SermonIndex to test our faith? To see if we could bear the taunts and criticism in His Name? To see if we would show forth love or hate? To see what words would flow forth from our lips - to see if those words would build up or tear down?

What if . . . what if.

2009/11/13 16:16Profile

Re:

What if they lured a new christian into a false doctrine or a false church like Catholicism???

You can 'what if' all you want on both sides. Christ said that many are led to be 'two fold sons of hell' by bringing others down with them.

'What if' what if. The one's most people are talking about are those who seemingly aren't interested in being saved... they just want to propagate their doctrine, deceive and cause trouble. I would much rather have a scenario where someone is deceived here seeking truth than those deceivers who 'should be saved'. Multiple accounts are used to deceive, and not adhere to rules or anything we have to say. They are here for one reason... otherwise they wouldn't find it necessary to have two accounts. Why have two accounts??? Justify this to me??? One account can save a soul.

2009/11/13 17:29

Re:

Quote:
One account can save a soul.

Well the old account was settled long ago. On account of this statement what account can you give that one account will save a soul?

2009/11/13 17:33
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
What if they lured a new christian into a false doctrine or a false church like Catholicism???

If we sit here and spit and argue with each other, are we not just as false as they? What makes their falseness worse than our own?

2009/11/13 17:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
If we sit here and spit and argue with each other, are we not just as false as they? What makes their falseness worse than our own?

How true! :-o

2009/11/13 17:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy