SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please require real names and email addresses of forum members

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I think Greg has that information about every single person coming unto this site. The IP address is recorded and the location. He doesn't know their names or address, just their location. I could be mistaken, only he could confirm that.

oops :-? I just read Paul Wests post below me, so it is true that they are recorded.

Quote:
PS: OK ... now hang on a minute while I switch user-names in order to bolster my thoughts!

:-P Ah man that is too funny.

2009/11/9 17:10
HeartSong

Re:

If we all had our eyes upon the Lord, we would all have the same "address" - that being heaven.

2009/11/12 0:49Profile
Laviver

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:

If we all had our eyes upon the Lord, we would all have the same "address" - that being heaven.

Indeed. Curiously true.

2009/11/12 0:53Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Interesting discussion ... we could also ask and wonder then WHY the author of the book of Hebrews did not come forth and reveal his identity)! why not - Dont you think? Why be Anonymous? Why he Must have something to hide perhaps? but as touching on that issue - Does anyone know the full name of Brother Andrew? Who smuggled bibles into China? why it Didn't seem to be an issue to those at the time - who read his books and heard of the great things he did! And NO seemed to be jumping up and down on the spot screaming ohh ...but he never revealed his full name! So Lets can him ( he must have something to hide ) For that matter who knows the surname of the Apostle Paul? Notice too ( on this same vein) Jesus own brethren (who did not believe in him) said "there is no man that doeth anything secretly - And he himselk seeketh to be be known openly ... so if you do these things then shew yourself to the world" they said this because Jesus went not up OPENLY to feast (of tabernacles) but secretly, as it were. Hmmm.

AND WHAT ABOUT AUTHORS AND WRITERS WHO JUST PUT THERE FIRST AND SECOND INITIAL BEFORE THERE SURNAME...WHY NOT REVEAL THERE WHOLE NAME...EWWW SPOOKIE .... MAYBE THEY GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE TOO??

:-( Why no one knows FOR CERTAIN who wrote the book of acts ( we assume luke ...but the author does not identify himself per say at the beginning ...of the writing of the book

Now Some people may use there business laptop or there partners business laptop - and so to both reveal there personal and private information and have that splashed all over the internet might not be - so good a thing!

And though some might (pooh pooh) this next thing:

Nonetheless it's true - there are "wierdos and cooks" out there ( strange people) that get on the net - and get on the web! therefore to have your personal & private details for all and sundry to read....again may not be awise decision. ( people have there reasons - it doesnt nessarily mean they are dodgy - or up to no good) suspicious minds cant convict without evidence or without facts. And as ive always said: You have nothing to be suspicious about -unless you have grounds FOR that suspicion, to be suspicious based on assumptions, is TO BE "pre-sumptious" on your part actually! And in a court-of-law you cant convict anyone without cold hard facts ...as circumstantial evidence rarely (if ever) convicts the person - being tried. Paul warns of "evil surmisings" in timothies epistle! Other versions i believe say "Baseless suspicions"

People will always surmise and be suspicious because your full name is not known....but honestly you would have had (the same) issues with paul and other writers in the bible - who chose for whatever resons to remain anonymous or seperated for a season ....why ive read some of the puritan writers of old hated and despised (being known) due to the risk of being magnified in the flesh by others ...who might otherwise idolize them and there works ....and/or were frightened of stealing away (glory from God) ....and that was there reasoning (for not putting a name to there writings) Judge not according to the flesh, but make ....a righteous judgment ( Christ told the scribes ) Good advice!

As ive said before in this forum - and as being a regular contributor since 2006 ...i am KNOWN by many pastors where i actually live, WHAT my full name is, and my personal phone number (many of them) have and hold. And i might add: Many of them have heard my preaching and my doctrine. I preach the same way in person as i do in the forums. I also see and maintain contact with pastors ( personally) and on a regular basis. They both know me and i know them....and nothing is hidden - and all is open and above board. In here (SI) my choice is to be known as Brother Stephen ( which is my real name ) by the way ...or AKA brother son-of-thunder.

Incidently: Paul was not known by face to any of the churches that were in Christ Jesus in Judea for some 17 years....except that peter and a handful of others had some form of contact with him. Why in the flesh one could easily stumble over such absence and seperation. Yet was he the author of most the new testament epistles .... you read from daily!! (Galations bears this out)

Thanks for having me!!! Gents and brethren! :-)

2009/11/12 6:42Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Spiritually speaking, this is too valuable and too influential a forum to allow just anyone to come in and post whatever they want.

To make any changes based on this precept would be spiritual suicide.

2009/11/12 9:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I find it unnerving, unsettling to think that one person who posts here goes by more than one name.

If I post something and another will disagree with me, he/she could come along and blast me with several posts, posing as a different person. Now that is ugly, not godly at all. It is rude, dishonest... I had no idea this kind of thing would happen here on SI.

ginnyrose

2009/11/12 9:32Profile

Re:

At the first, many moons ago, I had two handles. I wanted to be Mister Tough and Rough, and the other I wanted to be Mental Gentle. Well, Mister Tough and Rough couldn't keep his mouth shut so he was tossed. Mental Gentle took on two personalities because Tough and Rough was gone, so there was conflict all the time. Finally MG was thrown out. After the user had taken a year out, he came back with a renewed mind a better understanding and only one nick. They say two heads are better than one, in this case one is better.

2009/11/12 10:05

Re:

1 Corinthians 5: 12-13

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."[b]

..Deception is wicked and seeks to destroy truth.. we are to expel them which means not let them back unless sincere and convicting repentance ensues....

edit-duplicate

Col 2:2-4

2My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

2 Cor 2:2-4

2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; WE DO NOT USE DECEPTION, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

2009/11/12 10:09
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
I find it unnerving, unsettling to think that one person who posts here goes by more than one name.

If I post something and another will disagree with me, he/she could come along and blast me with several posts, posing as a different person. Now that is ugly, not godly at all. It is rude, dishonest... I had no idea this kind of thing would happen here on SI.

Ginnyrose,

Consider for a moment that the Holy Spirit speaks through many different vessels - as does the evil one. There are really only two voices, but there are many vessels. We must all choose which voice we will hear - and in so doing, which one we will serve.

I do not think that there is a way to extinguish the voice of the evil one here on this earth. We must all learn to distinguish the one from the other as sometimes the vessels will change sides.

EDIT: The point here being that it really makes no difference if the voice is coming from just one vessel, or many vessels, it is one in the same voice.

2009/11/12 10:26Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote:
At the first, many moons ago, I had two handles. I wanted to be Mister Tough and Rough, and the other I wanted to be Mental Gentle. Well, Mister Tough and Rough couldn't keep his mouth shut so he was tossed. Mental Gentle took on two personalities because Tough and Rough was gone, so there was conflict all the time. Finally MG was thrown out. After the user had taken a year out, he came back with a renewed mind a better understanding and only one nick. They say two heads are better than one, in this case one is better.by DeepThinker on 2009/11/12 12:05:22

And I thought I was confused..! :-P

2009/11/12 11:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy