SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama signs gay hate crimes measure

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: IWantAnguish

Quote:
IWantAnguish wrote:
Honestly, my flesh would rather just keep quiet and let them all burn in hell.

This is what I'm trying to get at: [u]our personal feelings towards someone else's sin[/u].

The gospel is NOT about personal feelings towards someone's sin; yours or mine; pro or con.

Isn't it about Isaiah 58.6...[i]loosing the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that (we) break every yoke for someone[/i]?

I love you brother (& all the other posters) and that's why I'm putting this question forth; Why in the world are we even on this earth if it's not to do the works that Jesus did [u]for those in bondage[/u] (regardless of our personal feelings)?

2009/10/31 11:03Profile

Re: Salvation

The words you are choosing are accusatory and will surely put the person on the defencive . Wether the word is sodomy or homosexuality really does not matter . The point is that the person you are talking to, recieves what you are saying and that it produces Godly sorrow . If that happens it will bring about recieving Jesus as Lord and savor . After that we should see fruit in keeping with repentance . Only after salvasion will anyone stop sinning . If you came at me telling me I was a thief or a liar . I would of never recieved Jesus . It is the goodness of God that draws us to repentance. I have walked out of meetings where the were calling people fags from the pulpit . I did it to make a statement . Love is not rude . Disobeying the command of God is wrong which command . Let us use the Jesus stile of ministy . Heal the sick raise the dead and preach the kingdom of heaven is near . Let us let God's power confirm our words !!!  

2009/11/1 1:15
kathleen1

Re:

With all the contempt in some of the responses here for this sin, we must understand sin is sin. God describes in Isa 64 a person's self righteousness as filthy rags-look it up and it means a used menstruous cloth. That is pretty disgusting.

As far as enduring persecution, and jail for being willing to speak the truth-I have a question. If we aren't living the cross, denying ourselves and letting Him live in and through us now, what makes us think we can endure the persecution coming? If we can't love homosexuals, and overcome our disgust, what qualifies us to accurately represent God? We must be yielded vessels-and pray for the Holy Ghost to shed in our hearts the love of God, as Scriptures says He will do. He must love others through us for His kind of love is not something we can reproduce-but we can contain and pour out to others as HE pours it in us. If we can't have compassion on these folks bound by this sin of homosexuality, we've forgotten how deep we were in darkness, how depraved our own hearts were and how sinful we were until He who loved us while we were yet sinners died for us. Can we fast and pray and deny ourselves for their deliverance? If not we are not very much like Him.

2009/11/1 13:26Profile

Re: preach sis

AMEN!!!

2009/11/1 23:07

Re: Graise

Are you going to deny Jesus the fruit of his suffering.

2009/11/1 23:11

Re: Graise

Are you going to deny Jesus the fruit of his suffering. Thanksgivingabove

2009/11/1 23:14
IWantAnguish

Re:

It really doesn't matter what language you use to speak to a dead individual.

People are born spiritually dead...

If we were to approach Lazarus and say, Hey dummy, get up. You wanna stay dead all your life?

Or, if we were to say, Dear brother, I love you so much, please stop being dead.

It really makes no difference, salvation is a sovereign work of God. Don't care / Doesn't matter whether you're Arminian or Calvinist.

A dead sodomite, homosexual, fornicator, etc. will remain dead unless the Spirit of God moves to save them.

The only reason one would use sodomite-friendly terminology would be to be less offensive... Seems to directly counter Scripture that says the gospel is a scandal...foolishness to those that perish.

Yes, the heart must be right in those that witness (through the grace of God), but don't lower the bar on the sinfulness of sin.

Sodomy is sodomy, just as murder is murder, don't care how many times the President calls it abortion, he's playing with language to reshape reality to his own belief.

2009/11/2 1:01Profile

Re: How about this reason . Obeying God's command.

you said
The only reason one would use sodomite-friendly terminology would be to be less offensive... Seems to directly counter Scripture that says the gospel is a scandal...foolishness to those that perish." Love is not rude. :-D

2009/11/3 21:26
IWantAnguish

Re:

Please don't confuse cowardice with love.

2009/11/4 0:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy