SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are sins forgiven before they are forsaken?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Are sins forgiven before they are forsaken?

What comes first, repentance or remission? Are sins forgiven before they are forsaken?

So many other issues seem to go back to this one question, so I thought it was good to start a thread on it.

The Bible does not say that you repent because you are saved, but that you repent in order to get saved. It doesn't say that you forsake your sins because you have God's mercy, but that you forsake your sins in order to get God's mercy.

A sinner receives God's mercy AFTER they forsake their sins (Isaiah 55:7, Prov. 28:13). It is not that God grants us mercy and then we forsake our sins, but that we forsake our sins and then God grants us mercy.

Repenting of your sins comes BEFORE salvation (2 Cor. 7:10). It is not that we repent of our sins because we are saved, but that we repent of our sins in order to get saved.

There must be repentance before there is remission (Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3, Luke 24:47). It is not that God forgives us and then we repent, but that we repent and then God forgives us.

It is not that we repent of our sins because we are saved, but that we repent of our sins in order to get saved.

Jesus Christ came to call sinners to repentance (Matt. 9:13, Mark 2:17, Luke 5:32), which means that He came to call law breakers to change their mind about breaking God's law. The disciples of Jesus went everywhere preaching that men should repent (Mark 6:12) which means that they went everywhere preaching that men must change their mind about breaking God's law.

So it is clear that we must turn from our sins to get saved, and therefore we must stay away from our sins to stay saved. If we return to our sins, we must again repent and again ask the Lord for forgiveness.

2009/10/27 0:14
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: What comes first, repentance or remission? Are sins forgiven before they are fors

Dude, are you really a broken record? I think you need to get saved. I mean, all you want to talk about is sin and sinning. Out of the abundance of the heart does a man speak. Since you can't help but talk about sinning all the time, I can't help but think you are full of sin.

Have you nothing to say of the goodness and glory of God? Have you nothing to say about a joy unspeakable, and full of glory? Have you nothing to say about the greatness of the love of Christ? Have you nothing to say about the wonderful gifts God has given men? Have you nothing to say about anything that would cause us to put our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, so as to exhort us to get out of the boat and walk on some water? Perhaps you can tell of the great miracles He has done? Maybe you can tell us something of God's creating of the world?

2009/10/27 0:19Profile

Re:

It is hard to move on to the deeper things of Christianity, when others don't even agree on basic Gospel truth like repentance. You can't go to College until after you have at least graduated Elementary School!

The only reason I keep going back to repentance (and the connect doctrine of holiness) is because so many of you don't seem to believe in it.

Do you guys agree that God forgives a man of his sins only after the man forsakes his sins? Do you agree that repentance comes before remission? Do you believe that unrepentant sin is unforgiven sin?

If not, "I think you need to get saved".

This is Biblical Christianity 101. Through Jesus Christ, God has mercy to those who forsake their sins. But through Jesus Christ, God has wrath for those who continue in their sins.

2009/10/27 0:24

Re:

Besides, why make more personal attacks? Is it because you cannot refute the Scriptures that I posted? This seems to be a common tactic for many of you guys. I post Scriptures that contradict what you believe, so you resort to name calling, questioning my character, questioning my motives, and questioning salvation.

Don't turn this thread into a topic about me. This is a thread about repentance and the Scriptures I posted that says turning from sin comes before the forgiveness of sin.

2009/10/27 0:26
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

It is hard to move on to the deeper things of Christianity, when others don't even agree on basic Gospel truth like repentance. You can't go to College until after you have at least graduated Elementary School!

Actually, you can't go onto the deeper things because you don't know the deeper things. Even the writer of Hebrews, who knew his audience was young in their faith and unlearned, went on to talk about the priesthood of Christ and it's relationship to the order of Melchizedek. He refused to hit the same drum over and over. For he realized that the best way to get others to grow was to move beyond the same foundational doctrines being put on repeat mode. Even our Lord when He walked the earth regular taught on things that His disciples simply could not comprehend. Be he taught them anyway, so that when the light finally did click on in their heads, they would begin to walk accordingly.

I've seen numerous essays you have written, constant posts, etc. Never have you ever once shown you understand anything about God other than faith and repentance and faith and repentance. It's all you know, but even that, you don't really have an understanding of. Your moral government theology has crippled your spiritual growth, and made you almost entirely retarded in regard to the things of God.

2009/10/27 0:30Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, o curser of darkness... all darkness ... just turn on the light...Jesus...the darkness flees.jimp

2009/10/27 0:30Profile

Re:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlgsays5Q_o

David Wilkerson was right, nobody wants to hear repentance anymore.

And Keith Daniel was right, people call it legalism and bondage. They say we are under grace, not law, and therefore we can live however we want.

2009/10/27 0:32
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Besides, why make more personal attacks? Is it because you cannot refute the Scriptures that I posted? This seems to be a common tactic for many of you guys. I post Scriptures that contradict what you believe, so you resort to name calling, questioning my character, questioning my motives, and questioning salvation.

I'm not seeking to attack you. I'm simply seeking to show you very straight forward that you simply don't know as you ought to know, but pretend to anyway.

Quote:

Don't turn this thread into a topic about me.

Actually Jesse, it's all about you anyway. It always is about you. Your moral government theology makes you king anyway.

2009/10/27 0:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

David Wilkerson was right, nobody wants to hear repentance anymore.

And Keith Daniel was right, people call it legalism and bondage. They say we are under grace, not law, and therefore we can live however we want.

There are very few people here on Sermon Index that frequent this fine ministry that don't want to hear about repentance anymore. This is a very repentant group of people, a fine group of saints. And while you are busy quoting Wilkerson or Daniel in support of your position, will you be so quick to quote them when they clearly stand contrary to your moral government theology?

2009/10/27 0:36Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
nobody wants to hear repentance
anymore

Maybe because repentance IS NOT the Gospel!!!!

BTW Jesse, don't you have your own forum on which to spread your stuff. Maybe you and logic can hang out there and stroke each others egos about how great you both are.

Ok, that's all from me.

2009/10/27 0:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy