SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Bible on CD...by secular celebrities.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

The Bible on CD...by secular celebrities.

My friend just gave me the whole bible on audio books for my IPOD but I just discovered it was done by celebrities. (I think it's called "The Bible Experience")

My point is that it ruined it for me and I can't hear it anymore. Is it me...or them? =)

2009/10/25 23:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The Bible on CD...by secular celebrities.

would you want to hear the bible read by pilate, the high priest, the pharisees, roman soliders etc?

It is sad we are seeking the world to read what a true saint of God that is not in comprimise could read with a pure heart and make it more effectual to our hearts.

lets repent of our celebrity seeking in christendom.

2009/10/26 7:42Profile

Re:

I agree... there can only be two motives behind this project... the celebs are either tremendously deceived, or they did it for $$. Same for the company that put this out, which I believe is one of the "Christian" publishing companies.

There are many other audible Bibles out there. I'd avoid this one simply because of who was involved.

Krispy

2009/10/26 9:54
Leo_Grace

You said it yourself:

Quote:
that it ruined it for me and I can't hear it anymore

The celebrities have become the message of that product. That is what they do - they strive to be the center of attraction. I agree with what others have posted. Get another version.

2009/10/26 10:12Profile

Re:

amen, i actually begin working at the christian family store friday and i have noticed they try to sell secular movies their now which is real sad. Also they promote books like joyce meyer and joel osteen, oh will i be leading the customers on the right tract, i will be leading them to spurgeon, luther, wesley, bunyan sections and maybe i can burn some paul washer or paris reidhead sermons and hand them out to them.Yah this is real upsetting about the hollywood stars.

2009/10/26 11:43
Santana

I like what Greg said about the heart behind it and how would I like Pilate reading it. I even thought about what if my wife wrote me a love letter and it was read by my ex-girlfried or something like that.

By the way, Denzel Washington plays God. It's called The Bible Experience by Zondervan.

2009/10/26 14:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
amen, i actually begin working at the christian family store friday and i have noticed they try to sell secular movies their now which is real sad. Also they promote books like joyce meyer and joel osteen, oh will i be leading the customers on the right tract, i will be leading them to spurgeon, luther, wesley, bunyan sections and maybe i can burn some paul washer or paris reidhead sermons and hand them out to them.Yah this is real upsetting about the hollywood stars.

I prophecy that you will be fired.

(OK, it's not really prophecy... Ray Charles can see how this is gonna turn out!)

Krispy

2009/10/26 16:20
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

I recently bought "The Word of Promise" new testament, and though well done, was not as enjoyable as I'd thought it'd be. But one evening while very sick, too sick to read, listening to the Book of Romans was a blessing from The Lord, and I was so glad I'd purchased the set.

2009/10/26 22:00Profile
pende

Everything that is Good God Made it. Just because you don't agree with celebrities doing play acting. God looks on the heart and weighs the spirits. He knows who's his and who is not. So leave him on his throne and let him Judge the work, stop hating. I believe that you will be surprised who is going to show up in Heaven that you personally did not like. And God was in it all the long. He wins some by other means not just because of the thee, thous and your perfect order. If were up to you Paul definitely would not have been an disciple of Christ. Be blessed in love. Always a different way to look at a thing. I have the bible on CD it makes the books come to life, I love it.

2009/10/28 16:50Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

I guess maybe the only reason it doesn't minister to me when it is read by an unconverted person, is because it is being read without understanding. It feels dead to me, almost like when an English speaking person attempts to read Chinese; completely foreign.

I pray that some will be enlightened by their narratings, but I still prefer the blessedness of a fellow saint reading with authority and the Holy Spirit.

2009/10/28 19:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy