SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do Catholics believe they are saved by works?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Wow, what a revelation. Previously, I discovered that Wayne has been creating “posters” to represent his views. Who are these posters? “Loingirder” was one, another is “Orthodox”, and another (just created yesterday) is “artsy”. And what are the views of Wayne (Wayneman) that he uses these fictious posters to present? HE HATES SOUND DOCTRINE THAT IS FOUND IN GOD’S WORD, THE BIBLE, AND HE USES SATIRE AND WHATEVER OTHER DEVIOUS THINGS HE CAN DO TO DENIGRATE THE PRECIOUS WORD OF GOD, AND IT'S VALUE TO THE SAVED, BORN AGAIN BELIEVER.

Now, since I have exposed his nasty secret, he is no longer posting here. His lie has been exposed. Yet, who on this thread is inviting him back?

“Lysa”

Who is in agreement with what he has posted?

“Annonymous”

Very interesting, to say the least!

[color=990000]Who is "orthodox"? Is he for real, or was he the creation of 'Wayne" aka "Wayneman" to play with the minds of God's chosen vessels?[/color]

What we have is a charismatic, supported by other charismatics, who hate sound doctrine. We don’t have anyone that is “Orthodox”, or a “Catholic”, that is fueling this thread, and is challenging and attacking those who hold to the importance of Scripture, and the Sound Doctrine that is found within it, we have a charismatic WHO HATES SOUND DOCTRINE.

In Paul’s letter to Titus it is stated in chapter 2 verse 1, “You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.” Beginning with verse two Titus is told what qualifies as being consistent with sound doctrine. In the remainder of chapter two he deals with the things five different groups of individuals are to be taught. The details of these teachings is the Biblical foundation for sound doctrine.

Among many today the definition of sound doctrine has been changed. Today’s definition is often much broader than the definition we find in Scripture.

[b][color=990000]

The definition of sound doctrine today has been expanded to include an acceptance and application of man’s interpretation of Scripture and the religious traditions he holds dear. Unfortunately this is not the definition originally given by inspiration. To hold to this broader discription is to go far beyond what was revealed or written by God. If we are to please God our definitions must follow the intent God provided through inspiration in the original text. If we allow “Orthodox” or “Loingirder” or Wayne to rewrite the original definition so that it suits their intent, it certainly will not be the Biblical definition given by inspiration.

This is a PM sent to me by Wayne (Wayneman), when at that time ‘Wayne” was also “LoinGirder” (and how many “others”?):[/color][/b]

Quote:
[b]
To answer your first question, I am 42. LoinGirder's immaturity was part of the joke. LoinGirder is me when I was fifteen and my Heroes of the Faith were Jack Chick, Mike Warnke and Keith Green. Now I look back and cringe at the nonsense I believed and the way I treated people for disbelieving the nonsense that I believed. My excuse is that I was fifteen. I can't tell you how many times I've read posts on this forum and assumed that the writer was 15, only to find he was in his fifties or sixties, or even in his seventies, like that poor "Intensity" nut who got booted off the forum. (Remember when he called you a "pompous fop" for disagreeing with his doctrine? I don't know how a guy who wears horn-rimmed glasses and polyester leisure suits and carries a Jack Van Impe Soulwinner's Bible gets labelled a "fop" but anyway...) I was literally shocked to learn that Intensity was 73 years old! He had the psychology of a teenager - a fragile ego trying to vaunt itself into manhood - and an immature teenager at that. But there you are: dogmatism is always marked by an unusual level of emotional immaturity.

[u]You seem to think that my humorous twisting of the Scripture to support fundamentalism is irreverent and I might be in trouble with the Almighty. I don't. Sanctified satire is justifiable because there is no better way to disaffect people to error than getting them to laugh at it.[color=990000] And fundamentalism is error. In fact, it is a heresy in the strictest New Testament sense of the term.[/color][/u] When you sift through the rhetoric, fundamentalism defines "faith" as "sound doctrine." This is a vast departure from "the faith once delivered unto all the saints." Sound doctrine is essential, because saving faith can only arise from a foundation of Gospel truth - no one needs to explain that to you! But faith and doctrine are not the same thing, yet fundamentalism confounds them, making no distinction. Faith in Jesus is synonymous with faith in evangelical theology. Keep this in mind when you persuse your favorite heresy watchdog websites and you will see that this is the case.

Why do FUNDAMENTALISTS infallibly fall into bibliolatry - making an idol out of a casket of words? You said yourself,
Quote:
By this do you mean a living, personal, experiential relationship with Christ? If so, why do fundamentalists stop short, worshipping the roadmap instead of following the road? Why do they obsess over the errors of others? Why do they perceive "compromise" as the primal sin? Why do they reduce the Bible to an object that they can control, instead of a subject that acts upon and controls them?
All these follies arise from the fundamental error of confounding faith with dogma. But this error did not occur by chance; it arose from the peculiar adolescent psychology of the sectarian.

Wayne

[/b]

In the Bible we find what God has to say about His Word- He has magnified His Word, the Bible, above His very name!

2. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. Psalms 138:2

Sincerely,

Walter
Quote:

orthodox wrote:
Quote:
I have never wished that a thread would be locked as much as I do this one. The lies that are being promoted and pushed forth as gospel should not be allowed to continue.

Many left our Lord when he first taught about the Eucharist. This is the first indication we received that those that are not of us would have remained with us, but due to the deception of the devil they can't stand to remain with us.

I believe you are sincere. I do not believe you are malicious. I love your soul.

I pray God reveals His truth to you as He did me.

Quote:

Leo_Grace wrote:
Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings Lysa

There were many here who love the Lord dearly, we were not giving Orthodox a hard time, we were sharing truth with him. He was pushing forth a doctrine of lies that is blasphemy to the Lord. Should that have been allowed to continue? The Catholic church does not save, mary does not save, dead saints do not save, only Jesus saves.

Orthodox was promoting a teaching that is other then Biblical truth, would you want a Jehovah witness to come and spread their lies, or a mormon to come and spread their lies here on Sermon index to deceive young immature Christians into fallowing their deceiving doctrines as well? I pray for the person behind the name Orthodox to repent and cry out to Jesus. I pray for his salvation because this person is lost in a dead religion and will suffer eternity apart from God if they do not repent. I hold no anger or hate for this person, but at the same time I do not want them to push their lies and cause others to parish along with them. If Orthodox had shown even the smallest desire to seek truth then sharing with him would be beneficial but that was not the case, his desire was made clear with what he posted time and time again. The Bible is very clear on this point, "No one comes to the Father except by Jesus. He is the way the truth and the light! This is not about a debate on who is right or wrong(at least not for me) this is about people who are lost in a pagan religion dieing and going to hell because we don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by telling them the truth. Agreed it has to be done in a Christ like loving manner but at the same time should a wolf be allowed to devour the sheep unchecked? After all this is eternity were talking about!

God Bless
maryjane

Amen. Well said, MJ.

2009/10/22 21:37
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
waltern wrote:
What we have is a charismatic, supported by other charismatics, who hate sound doctrine. We don’t have anyone that is “Orthodox”, or a “Catholic”, that is fueling this thread, and is challenging and attacking those who hold to the importance of Scripture, and the Sound Doctrine that is found within it, we have a charismatic WHO HATES SOUND DOCTRINE.

I do not know that every single catholic is bound for hell; therefore [b]I choose not and I will NOT condemn them[/b]. I did not agree with everything that Orthodox believed. The same way that I don’t agree on everything with DeepThinker, even though you accused me of being married to him but did I slap your obnoxious PM up here for everyone to see? No, I did not.

You are a nasty, malicious and hateful man who continually stirs up strife in these threads all the while maligning others thinking you are doing God a favor. I know that I am not correct on every issue and I know that God knows my heart, that I do not hate sound doctrine nor do I hate you but if I have to hate anything waltern, it would be the doctrine you propagate.

The only person I have seen that Wayneman has admitted to being is LoinGirder. Do you even KNOW for sure that Orthodox was Wayneman (or this Artsy)? If you cannot produce evidence where he says that he is Orthodox or Artsy, you need to cease and desist from spreading these lies.

May God have mercy on you waltern.

2009/10/22 22:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The logic used to support Catholicism creates one giant problematic circle. Catholicism says we have no right to individually interpret the Scriptures. Rather, we must use the Fathers to establish the interpretation of Scriptures. And then the Pope interprets the Fathers and the Scriptures. My question is then, who interprets the Pope? And if we have the interpretative skills to rightly understand the Pope, who is generally a highly versed doctor of philosophy or theology, then why can't we just interpret the Scriptures to begin with?

2009/10/22 22:45Profile

walter

I was glad when "othrodox" was bounced fore he was preaching the doctrine of devil's that of that scarlet whore of rome, with their papa the pope leading a parade of murderous priests, child molesting, homosexual idol worshiping clergies to their place, which will be splitting hell wide open. the roman institution has always been a ruse of satan, and continues in its way to this very day.

But you walter, have amply demonstrated the heart of a neo-pharisee, an ugly hard-hearted spirit,ugly words, capped off, not by "love, walter", but by "sincerely, walter". Oh, I'm sure you're "sincere", as the Word has shown us that the pharisees were "sincere", knowing the letter of the law, but not the Spirit.

Have some integrity, you have stumbled many, edified none, leave.

2009/10/23 1:25
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
by BrianMira on 2009/10/22 6:31:36 Where did he go?...pray for him. This is the difference. Last week I was kicked off of a site because I brought up Christ and was threatened on another one for the same reason. I am not leaving them, they are leaving me...sadly. Orthodox, left SI...(well, that profile did), we are not leaving him.

What are you talking about? I, Orthodox, was kicked off. I didn't leave. Here's the email I received:

hello,

I have deleted your sermonindex.net forum account and ask that you do not re-register. We are a evangelical ministry and do not accept catholic teachings as biblical. So the forums are there not to debate this issue. thank you for your understanding.

--
Greg Gordon

If Greg is honest, he'll admit that to you all instead of letting you all believe this.

2009/10/23 3:15Profile
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
ORTHODOX please come back to SI! Ask Greg to reinstate your name!! With those who gave you a hard time, CONSIDER THE SOURCE!! I know I'm not the only one who enjoys intelligent conversation on SI!

Lysa,

I'd love to. But you see, Greg is the one who kicked me off.

2009/10/23 3:18Profile
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
Orthodox was promoting a teaching that is other then Biblical truth, would you want a Jehovah witness to come and spread their lies, or a mormon to come and spread their lies here on Sermon index to deceive young immature Christians into fallowing their deceiving doctrines as well?

MaryJane,

I thought it just might have been you who encouraged Greg to close my account. Well, if it was you, please know that I forgive you from the bottom of my heart.

I truly believe that you love the Lord and believe what you are doing is right. I pray He shows you the truth someday. Remember, whoever seeks finds. Hallelujah!

I'm waiting for you to come home...

2009/10/23 3:24Profile
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
by waltern on 2009/10/22 18:37:29 Wow, what a revelation. Previously, I discovered that Wayne has been creating “posters” to represent his views. Who are these posters? “Loingirder” was one, another is “Orthodox”

No. Your presumption has turned into lies.

I, Orthodox, am not Wayne or Loingirder. Just setting the record straight.

God help you, sir.

2009/10/23 3:27Profile
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
The only person I have seen that Wayneman has admitted to being is LoinGirder. Do you even KNOW for sure that Orthodox was Wayneman (or this Artsy)? If you cannot produce evidence where he says that he is Orthodox or Artsy, you need to cease and desist from spreading these lies.

Thank you for coming to my defense. God love you.

Satan was a liar from the beginning.

2009/10/23 3:28Profile
hearthetruth

Re:

Quote:
The logic used to support Catholicism creates one giant problematic circle. Catholicism says we have no right to individually interpret the Scriptures. Rather, we must use the Fathers to establish the interpretation of Scriptures. And then the Pope interprets the Fathers and the Scriptures. My question is then, who interprets the Pope?

This is not Catholicism. This is another straw man.

I am not accusing you of doing it on purpose though.

The pope is bound to change NOTHING from the sacred deposit. The pope could not stand up tomorrow and deny the Trinity or the Virgin Birth. The pope is the guardian of a sacred deposit...as are all the bishops.

It is the councils that speak with the same authority as Scripture.

2009/10/23 3:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy