SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Thoughts on Pentecost....will we attain it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, what a refreshing, wonderful blog on a subject that could lead to arguements instead of what has been writen.the finished work of Jesus must always be the message and what happens along the way is secondary. God gave me this experience because i am a jerk and needed Him in a way i knew not.thank you all for the civility of your posts.jimp we cannot attain it. He must send it.

2009/9/22 1:12Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Leo, Brother Tom:

I have to say I am blessed by what both of you guys have had to say on this issue. I appreciate the obvious spiritual maturity and Christlike attitude that you guys demonstrate in discussing this issue.

The Holy Spirit is such a integral and vital part of the life of a believer, and if we allow Him to have His way completely(allow God to occupy the only throne in our lives) He will transform us in ways that we cannot fathom. Look at the lives of the twelve original apostles before pentecost and after. What a difference!!! This very same empowerment will change us forever, and continue to change us into His image from glory to glory.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to try to live my life without the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. He is so sweet, so precious. Thank You Lord for not leaving us comfortless, for sending Your Holy Spirit to baptize and indwell us.

Jimp, every one of us desperately need the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and transforming us. That is why He was sent. Take a good look at the word that is translated as comforter (paraklētos). I am not a greek scholar, but this is a compound word. Look at the two parts. Pretty powerful!

2009/9/22 17:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: the promise of the Father

Quote:
Brothertom wrote:
I do not believe that we should seek Pentecost. I think we should seek JESUS!

Me too! I believe when we ask for the baptism of Pentecost (Holy Spirit) that we are asking for more of Jesus! I've been accused of not having faith and not being satisfied that Christ’s blood paid it all for my salvation because I sought the baptism of the Holy Spirit but Jesus said Himself, "behold, [b]I send the promise of my Father[/b] upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, [b]until ye be endued with power from on high.[/b]"

From the foundation of the world, Jesus coming to earth and becoming the perfect sacrifice (Luke 24.46-47) was always plan A and I also humbly submit that the promise of the Father (being endued with power from on high) was ALWAYS plan A [b]from the beginning of time also[/b]!!

Please hear me out, my heart is not to say that to shame anyone who has not had a Pentecost experience but I say that to ENCOURAGE those who haven't had a Pentecost experience to seek Him and ask the Lord about it because it is there for all those who would ask and wants to receive. I like what Bro Zac Poonen says, “Jesus didn’t say go tarry until you are endued with tongues or knowledge or miracles; no, he said until you be endued with [b]power from on high[/b].” Satan gets us so bogged down on the smallest insignificant details and fighting from different camps that we cannot see the whole picture.

Prov 3:5 says [i]Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [/i] Do you or I “think” we understand the Scriptures? We are not to lean to our own understanding. I have over analyzed and talked myself out of many things the Lord would have given me because I did in fact lean to my own understanding and start questioning “hath God said?” Just like satan did to Eve in the garden. Has satan done that to anyone reading this about the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Hath God really said…..?

We are living in the latter days, how “latter” I don’t really know but I know we need every ounce of power from on high that is available to us. Re 22:11 [i]He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.[/i] And we need what ever God has for us to make us holier still and righteous still. I'm not saying I'm there but I am saying let's press in and find out what it is!

I have had the privilege of being with four of my Baptist friends since May 15th when they actively sought and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit!! It was four in three months! I live in the Bible belt and that is unheard of! I am grateful to have witnessed this and they are even more grateful to have received. Every one of them has said, “No one told me it would be like this.” I remember the day Jesus came to me and made me His and I remember a year later when I received the promise of the Father BOTH experiences are more precious to me than I can verbalize.

Like I said, I share this only to encourage those who have wondered about the promise of the Father and didn’t have anyone to ask; this was only meant to encourage anyone who wanted to be encouraged, nothing else.

God bless you all!!

2009/9/22 21:17Profile

Re: Pentecost as Revival

"Look at the lives of the twelve original apostles before Pentecost and after. What a difference!!! This very same empowerment will change us forever, and continue to change us into His image from glory to glory."..twayneb

When we look at the end times church, we see the results of what T. Austin Sparks called "fullness"; a "PURE AND SPOTLESS" bride. It is the process of "THE BRIDE HAS MADE HERSELF READY", or, simply, the bride preparing herself for marriage through the cleansing and submission to the spirit of holiness. As I see it, this is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. It is one and the same, and to me, is a prophetic indication as to where we are heading.

It is, Pentecost as revival. I believe it is an end times mandate, and as I have said in previous posts, it is centered around the tongues of fire, rather than the tongues given to men. The tongues given to men, were but a divine witness of Himself, who dwells within the flames of fire, not the primary focus of that great event. Jesus dwells within the midst of the 7 candlesticks; Burning flames that exist before Him, and on earth, in His temple there.

The fire burns, it purifies and cleanses. It is the essence of "Mourning"; "Blessed are they that mourn"...and it is the essence of repentance and the Cross, and true apostolic preaching, with POWER! As we encounter the holiness of God, under the power of a Pentecost, we are convicted, cut to the heart, and astonished at our own sinfulness, and cry out! "Brethren, what shall we do?"

MALACHI 3.

2 “ But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner’s fire
And like launderers’ soap.
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the LORD
An offering in righteousness.
4 “ Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem
Will be pleasant to the LORD,
As in the days of old,
As in former years."

This is the fruit of Pentecost. Holy men and women purged "as gold and silver" is. These are the ones that "endured unto the end" no matter what, and remained in Pentecost, the fire of Jesus' presence until Holiness was theirs, along with the LAMB! There is no holiness formed, except IN the fire!

Here is a further word of comfort for those of us who may become weary, always mourning, always burning; They may say;

" It is useless to serve God;
What profit is it that we have kept His ordinance,
And that we have walked as mourners
Before the LORD of hosts?
15 So now we call the proud blessed,
For those who do wickedness are raised up;
They even tempt God and go free.’”

But the Lord intervened;

A Book of Remembrance
16 "Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another,
And the LORD listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the LORD
And who meditate on His name.
17 “ They shall be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts."

THIS IS REVIVAL.

These are the special Treasure of the Lord; his Segullah!

Revival is coming, but proceeded by MOURNING, repentance, and humility. This is the fruit of a Baptized life, or a baptized leader, and the same fires of purity produce Love, and all of the fruits of the spirit, and it is here that we will attain the spirit of Power to affect real change upon a dying world. IT IS HERE, AND ONLY HERE THAT EFFECTIVE INTERCESSION SPROUTS! Let us pray for our Pentecost...and the fullness that will follow after.

2009/9/25 10:11

Re: Pentecost as revival in the baptism of the Holy spirit.

Lysa said:

"I like what Bro Zac Poonen says, “Jesus didn’t say go tarry until you are endued with tongues or knowledge or miracles; no, he said until you be endued with power from on high.” Satan gets us so bogged down on the smallest insignificant details and fighting from different camps that we cannot see the whole picture."

Wow! Lysa: Isn't that the truth. I think that is why so many need to go through a "wilderness experience", where isolation and trust alone carries you through, that inevitably strips us, through sufferings , of unnecessary baggage and prejudices.

If we love the saints, and the cause of Christ, then we are jealous for the [b]fullness[/b] of Christ in all the saints, throughout the Earth, whoever they may be.

I am humbled by your commitment to Jesus, and your zeal. There are times when pride inspires me to believe I really am a big shot, and I read a testimony like yours, and marvel. This is the "Ministry' that you do, and far excels most of the mundane 'master of ceremonies" type pastoral functions we see in churches today.

It is, [b]Pentecost as revival indeed.[/b]

2009/9/30 11:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy