SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 FEATURED SERMON: God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/misc1/featured_low5.gif[/img]

Saints,

Jackie Pullinger shares a powerful message calling us to go out to reach that one that God has for us to reach. To reach the poor, the weak, the one's who are not well known. God's ways are opposite to men's ways. How sad to see so many churches operating in the business ways of the world. God uses the foolish and the despised for His glory.

[b]God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18861&commentView=itemComments

2009/7/18 11:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: FEATURED SERMON: God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger

You can put this on your facebook or twitter status:

http://tinyurl.com/lzggd5 Jackie Pullinger, Oh, how beautiful are those without ambition and whom know just Christ and Christ alone.

2009/7/20 12:13Profile
anonymity

Re:

Jackie Pullinger is a biblical character in our day she is on another level.

She said that people cannot get saved through the intellect. In a way I do not agree with this. I believe that truth can be a means to lead people to Christ as giving a person a piece of bread in love. God often supernaturally places natural evidences to affect us to salvation. On the other hand apart from God none of this can be achieved. I also understand what she is saying on the other hand.

I will say though as I have been a preaching evangelist she takes on a different method from the other side of the spectrum and I have much to learn from her.

I liked how she spoke of the drug addicts whos minds are gone so you have to first minister to their hearts and then when their minds come back you can then minister there.

Sinners are much like drug addicts who have their minds blinded.

Another thing that stuck out was this. She said they trusted the Gospel because they trusted us. Since they trusted us they trusted what we said. So often we can seek to get people to believe things on intellectual debating reasonings or apologetic evidences. However, as Jesus said they will know you are mine when you love one another. So He did not mainly say when you dig up the coin of Herod or something. So our greatest evidence is that of us. This was said when speaking of taking in addicts and asking them if they believed in Christ and they said yes because since those they trusted believed then they also would.

2009/7/24 21:16Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

"Jackie Pullinger is a biblical character in our day she is on another level."

This morning during some time of walking and praying my mind had turned to something the Lord had said in John 3:11.

For some reason I had placed this(in my mind) in(to) the story in John 4:5-26 and was mixing them together, thinking that He had said this(John 3:11) to her, instead of John 4:22.

I thought of how a witness is not called upon to say what they have read in a book, but what they have seen and heard.

Then just a few minutes ago I came across an article about a centennial celebration for Pastor Wurmbrand. The writer ended by saying that "Pastor Wurmbrand knew that our highest calling is to be witnesses of the love and grace of God."

I felt there was a correspondence between it all.

2009/7/25 9:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

If you have not heard this message it is a must hear! I weep everytime I hear this.

2010/4/11 0:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I didn't listen to this message but listened to her Be Filled with the Spirit Part 1 and it definitely brought great joy to my heart!

2010/4/11 0:35Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thanks Greg. Downloading it now.

2010/4/11 1:05Profile

Re: FEATURED SERMON: God Uses Foolish Things by Jackie Pullinger

I'm really interested in hearing this message. I've tried several times to listen online and also to download, but I get an error message each time. I'll try again tomorrow, though. Thanks Brother Greg :)

2010/4/12 22:35
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

fixed.

2010/4/13 1:41Profile

Re:

I was really blessed by the message.

-SJB

2010/4/13 9:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net