SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just want to say good bye and wish you all well

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Just want to say good bye and wish you all well

Greetings

I just wanted to take a moment and say good bye to some of you that I have had the joy of sharing with since coming to SI. I have learned many things from all of you over the years and I am grateful for the caring and input you shared so graciously.

Thank you brothers and sisters for letting me share here and for allowing me to be a part of your lives for a time. Truth is I have not had that opportunity very much with fellow believers over the last ten or so years, something that I pray will soon change. It has meant something to me to be a part of SI.

I pray God bless you all and keep you in His care
Maryjane

Edit:I just also wanted to say a huge thank you for all your prayers. I know that I have asked for a lot of prayer of late and many of you have been very kind with your time to pray for me and my family. Thank you for that :-)

2009/5/20 12:00Profile

Re: Just want to say good bye and wish you all well

Quote:
I pray God bless you all and keep you in His care

God bless you, too, MaryJane!
May He continually lead you onwards and upwards into great things for Him! :)
Joy

2009/5/20 14:10

MJ... can I ask why you're leaving?

I hate to see you go!

Krispy

2009/5/20 14:12
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

We will miss you, Mary Jane

God bless you too!

Matthew 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

I don't get to keep up with the threads as often as I'd like to. Are you moving out of internet range?

2009/5/20 14:13Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: We will miss you, Mary Jane

Dear MaryJane,

Whatever had happened? Just last night you were offering to pray for any of us who needed it and now you are saying 'good-by,' something must be amiss. Please talk to us about it, don't just go away.

We are losing people lately and I don't like that. :-( :-?

2009/5/20 15:19Profile
Nellie

Re:

Maryjane,
Sure hope you reconsider.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2009/5/20 17:44Profile

Quote:
Thank you brothers and sisters for letting me share here and for allowing me to be a part of your lives for a time. Truth is I have not had that opportunity very much with fellow believers over the last ten or so years, something that I pray will soon change.

It may not be anything that anyone said. If you read the above quote it looks like it's more like she is not fellowshipping with tangible believers, one's you can reach out and touch. If that is what it is, I know what she is experiencing. The internet is truly a web, you can easily get caught up in it and it's very hard to get away from that to get back to reality. There are days that I'd like to take my PC/laptop for a walk and just tie it to a tree and run only to fine myself at Radio Shack buying another one.

2009/5/20 20:41
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I wanted to try and come back and try to answer Krispy and White Stones question if I can before leaving. For awhile now we(my husband and myself) have not been attending any kind of regular church based group because in all truth there is not really one that we have found where we live that is teaching Biblical truth. Lots of seeker sensitive, feel good, purpose driven life, churches in my area. Several of them are actually what you call sister churches to one another and they are all affiliated with Rick Warren and Saddleback Church. So for awhile now we have been having a time of fellowship daily with each other here and a few others as Father leads us but nothing long term or permanent. I have really loved and enjoyed my time of fellowshipping with many of you here, but it was shared with me recently from an older sister in Christ that this kind of fellowship via the Internet is not enough. It is not what Father commends us to and I need to go to a church where I am and be fellowshipping with others face to face.I was told that I have been substituting real fellowship with my time here on sermon index. I have been praying about it for awhile now and I know that I need to be about giving more of myself and laying down my life for others. Its really hard for me because some of the most challenging and encouraging teachings and truths that have helped me to grow have come from the brothers and sisters here on Sermon index, as well as the wonderful teachings here. Right now I don't know where we will end up, both my husband and myself are not big on the idea of going back to any of the churches around us and yet I don't want to be in sin for forsaking fellowship with the brethren. I guess I am feeling really confused by what to do and have just had this extremely heavy weight upon me. I want Jesus to be my life every moment of every day. I want to learn what it means to live daily in Him, in a personal relationship with Him, not just talking about it. Does this make sense? Any way thank you all so much for your kindness and your care, as I said it has meant so much to me. In many ways I have been very hungry for fellowship with others that truly desire to put Jesus first in their lives and for awhile now you all have really made me feel apart of that. I am not sure what the Lord has for me ahead but I really want to be faithful to Him.

God Bless
MJ

2009/5/20 21:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

I am so sorry to hear you are leaving SI. I hope you will reconsider...

It is true one can easily substitute the internet for real fellowship in the flesh..however, I would also suggest that if all the churches around you are apostate, going there would be much worse.

Will pray for you...remember: God is not the author of confusion.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/5/20 22:00Profile
Nellie

Re:

Mary Jane,
Did you ever consider going to the Nursing Homes and ministering to them?
I know I didn't have Church fellowship for awhile, but I go with a Friend to 4 Nursing Homes a month, and we sing and teach the Word.
There are a lot of people who aren't saved, and they are so lonely.
There are also Christians there.

Not everyone is called to the Nursing Homes, but it would be better than sitting in a Church that believes and teaches false doctrine.
Pretty soon, if you go to Churches that believe the way Rick Warren does, there is a possibility
you might get caught up in it.
If you don't have peace about it, don't go.
People mean well, but you have to do what you feel like God is leading you to do.
May God Bless you, and give you His Peace.
Nellie

2009/5/20 22:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy