SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : AWT Entertainment

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Bless your heart. . .
You react the right way by buying the book and reading it as it is.
You react in the right manner by realising that we have been robbed.
I think we are reacting according to God’s purposes and for the glory of the Lord if we begin to pray hard and protest distinctly against the robbery.
Lars

2004/11/17 2:13Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

About a year ago I was at a fast-food establishment. I was able to talk to some old friends. When I got home to eat I put in The Jesus Movie. I was prompted by God to Pray for my old friends. I told God that I did not feel like it; watching a movie about you is good.

I deeply regret that choice. It has taut me alot though.

May God help me.
And our church.

2004/11/17 2:14Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Lars,

What am I to do with this information about entertainment and its relation to the church?
I try to tell others and like Tozer said "To expose this, of course, raises a storm of angry protest among the people." (Success and the Christian, p.6)

I keep asking God to give me clarity and understanding to speak about this subject. God has done abundantly so. But I am asking for even more.

Most people in the church think I have gone off the deep-end in this and getting legalistic.

Your insight would be most edifying. Also how should I pray in regards to this?

2004/11/17 2:25Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Dear Adam,
It must be a part of work of carrying a cross in this modern world;
To take their angry reactions when exposed by the ministry of interior which is Life given and sustained by the Holy Spirit.
To see them leave the Heavenly way, heading for the tables of delusion.
To be left lonely, and yet being a part of a company which is dear to the Lord.

It is certainly a glimpse of the horrendous grief of God.
It leads to a deeper commitment to Him who is Lord and our true joy.
It leads to a work carrying the reality of the Heavenly realm, and this is our true work – a confrontative work, a work and a battle without words and without provocations other than the inner reality.

The prayer:
Please, draw them to Your heart.
Please, revive love in this modern world in which dignity is lost.
Lars

2004/11/17 2:43Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Lars wrote
"It is certainly a glimpse of the horrendous grief of God.
It leads to a deeper commitment to Him who is Lord and our true joy.
It leads to a work carrying the reality of the Heavenly realm, and this is our true work – a confrontative work, a work and a battle without words and without provocations other than the inner reality."

Would you explain this a little further please?

2004/11/17 9:01Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

To begin to understand what we have done to the Christian faith and life by twisting it into theatre and spectacle is to come close to the heart of God to share His grief.
To begin to understand the contemporary cultural twist, adaptation and adjustment within the Church is to explore the necessity of the cross and to become a part of the priestly adventure to recover ground from the enemy.
If understanding grows, maturity will come and with maturity commitment and hard work in prayer and communion.
If communion intensifies the Heavenly reality will grow stronger within the saint. True saintliness will become an incontestable fact. The inner reality of spiritual togetherness with the Lord is in itself the contrast and provocation needed as an explanation why the Church system embraced and upheld is not valid as a testimony to the world.
The Cross is gone from our services, the confrontation is gone. The reason and need of repentance is gone because leadership as well as laity regards true fellowship obsolete and theatre and spectacle in its place.
Lars

2004/11/17 9:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy