SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:
On another issue, I truly believe we are in the times just before the Great Tribulation for many reasons. I have studied it, and as well I have had visions concerning it.

True... we are in the times before the great tribulation. Many people for many many years have studied it and have had visions. There are countless books and countless recorded visions of the tribulation/coming of Christ. Ravenhill (with no disrespect intended) thought he would live to see the coming of Christ. Even many of the disciples, upon Christ's ascension, thought they would live to see Him come again.

Look at Revelations... full of visions... yet written thousands of years ago. Many can say that tribulation/Christ is coming. Why? Well, because it hasn't happend, yet.

It disturbs me when people get a little predictive of the tribulation or Christ's return. After all, we will not know the day or the hour in which he'll come. And I do believe that a majority of those on this site also recognize that we are in the times before the tribulation. Scripturally speaking, it's a known fact...
:-)

2009/3/26 18:32Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:
Quote:
On another issue, I truly believe we are in the times just before the Great Tribulation for many reasons. I have studied it, and as well I have had visions concerning it.

True... we are in the times before the great tribulation. Many people for many many years have studied it and have had visions. There are countless books and countless recorded visions of the tribulation/coming of Christ. Ravenhill (with no disrespect intended) thought he would live to see the coming of Christ. Even many of the disciples, upon Christ's ascension, thought they would live to see Him come again.

Look at Revelations... full of visions... yet written thousands of years ago. Many can say that tribulation/Christ is coming. Why? Well, because it hasn't happend, yet.

It disturbs me when people get a little predictive of the tribulation or Christ's return. After all, we will not know the day or the hour in which he'll come. And I do believe that a majority of those on this site also recognize that we are in the times before the tribulation. Scripturally speaking, it's a known fact...
:-)

The most significant endtimes marker/event that point to the times of the very end this age is Israel becoming a nation again after almost 2000 years in exile. Ezekiel 36 fulfilled.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Independence_(Israel)

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/dtc62/800px-The_Palestine_Post2C_ISRAEL_I.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/dtc62/flag83.jpg

2009/3/26 18:42Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Earendel wrote:

The most significant endtimes marker/event that point to the times of the very end this age is Israel becoming a nation again after almost 2000 years in exile. Ezekiel 36 fulfilled.

And yet, after how many years since Israel becoming a nation (?) and we still have yet to see this day of the beginning of Christ's return. What I mean is this - I don't care how many people "predict" that Christ will return - His return was already set in motion by His own words. To predict His return upon our knowledge of what Scripture says, that we will neither know the day or the hour, is fruitless, quite frankly. Why must we put ourselves in the position of having these claimed "prophesies" and "visions" of His return, when we already know he is coming, and we already know that we don't know when!?

Will Christ come again? You bet! God keeps His word! That is all we need to know, and that is what we should be prepared/preparing for.

2009/3/26 19:09Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

BenBrockway wrote:

Will Christ come again? You bet! God keeps His word! That is all we need to know, and that is what we should be prepared/preparing for.

Amen to that!

2009/3/26 20:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I can understand your motivation, but your judgment and your understanding in how you addressed what I wrote are incorrect. But that's okay, I don't hold it against you. The downside side to online forums, is that they don't always relay what is actually being said, and without being able to discuss/articulate in person, the point might being made, sometimes does not get through.

A word for you to consider though...

It is dangerous for a person to set himself up as the singular or sole or lone authority by himself, especially when council given may not be God inspired, and may very well be dangerous to some.

always get consensus in judgement...

Where no advice is, the people fall; but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Proverbs 11:14

Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
Proverbs 15:22

Now consider the words of the Apostle John concerning those who set themselves up as a sole/singular authority:

I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church. Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God. 3 John 1:9-11

Now the issue of this website is to promote genuine revival, it is a meeting place for people to learn about this and discuss it. A place where people (hopefully Christians) can meet and talk to each other about the things of God. The theme is genuine revival and I truly hope to contribute to that end. Let's work to that end shall we?

David, you have been here a total of 10 days now and you have so far shown a certain aire that needs to take your own 'word to consider' into account. Let it reverberate in you own ears.

You are also making the classic mistake of trading observation for 'judgment' - The essence is a contorting of the word itself - "Do not judge" as a back stop for any observance and a return volley in kind.

About the nuance's of forums, yes, we have a great deal of experience and a good 6+ years of backlog around here - You might divest yourself of some of it. Misunderstanding abound, but no one is setting themselves up as a sole\singular authority much less lording it over you or anyone else for that matter.

I am not impressed with your prophetic forays and your boasting is boasting even with the disclaimer. You are not the first to come in here with a Might Mouse persona of "I have come to save the day!" and surely won't be the last.

Judgment or observance? In 10 days time [i]you[/i] have set yourself up as one [i]who loves to have the preeminence among them[/i] and already seem to have a problem with accepting any correction from anyone.

Read the links presented earlier -

2009/3/27 9:03Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:

The fact of not really knowing who you are and then seeing the infamous "romantic love" red flag coming up, I had to crash-test your intentions. Please feel free to continue sharing and expressing the love of God as it is shed abroad in your heart, for this is truly a wonderful thing and He alone is worthy.

Brother Paul

One more time...

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. Psalm 73:25

One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4

It is only through the Spirit of the living God that I have come to love Him so, ...just very special moments when I am alone with Him in my thoughts and in prayer, and His Holy Spirit visits me. Only when His Spirit is upon me do I worship and love Him like this...Never on my own, and never in the natural by myself.

Perhaps sharing these things (my testimony included) on this open forum like this, was the wrong this to do for me; I do not know what else I am to think brother Paul. I feel awful.

Anyway, God bless, and let your heart love Him in sweet worship always.

David.

2009/3/31 0:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Perhaps sharing these things (my testimony included) on this open forum like this, was the wrong this to do for me; I do not know what else I am to think brother Paul. I feel awful.

No brother, sharing your testimony is never wrong - Allowing yourself to be vulnerable in the open ... to having your ideas and opinions questioned\tested ... we all allow ourselves this scrutiny as a matter of course, it comes with the territory. And I think it is often far more useful to hear a critique than a constant chorus of 'amens' from members of your own kind.

If Paul West crash tested your intentions on one aspect and I on another, remember that we are just worms - I am still a bit concerned that you think too highly of yourself and that in itself evades you - Far from your intention as it may be, that is what has come across, especially as someone so new to his surroundings.

I took exception to your prophetic forays elsewhere -

[i]Funny you should mention Bentley.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways sometimes. About two weeks before the news on Bentley came out, I wrote to Stephen Strader and told him that a Katrina class hurricane was coming his way and that it was coming because of sin. A couple of weeks after I gave Strader that word, Hurricane Fay flooded Florida with record rain fall (3-4 feet in some places) (Katrina was about flooding, which is what Fay did) it was the same time that news on Todd Bentley was revealed.

Please don't take it that I am boasting for telling you this, because I am not...God forbid. It was merely a demonstration of the power of God moving through the Holy Spirit. I have always been about repentance (it's been my witness/message to myself first before others) and that was my message to Strader (Repentance). God kept the word of prophecy I gave to Strader, and in so doing kept His word about the need for repentance in the body of Christ. Strader did not accept it, even after the fact, because I did not names names, or say what the sin was, and he said a true prophet would be able to do that. *sigh*

I want add here that I have prayed for Todd and his wife Shonna and their kids. Lord have mercy on them, and forgive Todd Lord, and give him repentance.[/i]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=28034&forum=40#216331]A Christless Pentecost, a warning, by David Wilkerson & Frank Bartleman[/url]

And I will say again that it is pompous and very presumptuous of you to think that what you had was a 'prophetic word' - "[i]God kept the word of prophecy I gave to Strader[/i]" and that any of the circumstances had anything to do with either of them. It's empty, meaningless, noise.

*If you had any discernment whatsoever the whole of the Lakeland fiasco was generated on soulish and outlandish behavior right from the get go. And Stradler and his Charisma(tic) enterprise is a constant duplicity and hypocrisy by promoting and denouncing in the same breath - These supposed leaders that gave their blessing at the onset turned tail and worse wrote out long defenses of their participation, attempting to distance themselves from it once it came crashing back down to the ground. But none of this has anything to do with your 'prophetic' utterance- It is sheer nonsense. For their part I find them to be cowards at true confrontation and just as so in general - This prophetic gobbledygook that has so permeated Christianity in the last 20 or so years lacks any authenticity whatsoever - It lacks humility and speaks presumptuously, it disgraces itself and thwarts it's own efforts by knee-jerk defenses that spell it's own demise. If the thing is so, it is so and there is no need to defend it. But this idea that "Gods says" or "Thus sayeth the Lord" or any variation on it is nothing but the imagination of fallen brains speaking things it ought not.

This ilk does not have the faintest idea of what prophecy is in the New Testament grasp. We have attempted to derive what is meant in many a post in these parts and it almost always, invariably turns into a mis-mash of emotional opinionating over against a biblical/scriptural definition.

If it is not obvious that I have something of particular bent against these things, trust this is far from harsh - It is to the ruin of so many and where I once was almost sucked into it all that I am compelled to speak, even in a season where I ought to be silent ...

There are multitudes that hang on to the words of these self proclaimed 'oracles', buy up their products and live in an imaginative universe of expecting ... who knows what on any give day or week - Blessing and prosperity or doom and devastation, it's all contradictory nonsense and most of it is never called into account. God is not the author of confusion and He is not saying any of this.

I will go back to my cave but I do want you to understand something. Despite what you might think and to be truthful, I believe it is what you [i]feel[/i] that is troubling you ... There is no animosity and nothing but true love for you as a brother. I am often amazed how we can be so ... spineless and lack any courage to challenge or be challenged. Is it love to be so concerned with 'offending' not a weak brother or sister but one that seemingly has some experience and acumen in spiritual matters by putting things to the test? And where is that delight, that welcoming appreciation that Paul had of the Bereans when they would not take his word for it but ... you know the rest. Is this not the very shredding of disposition of our great oracles of this hour that they cannot stand to be questioned and their supporters rush to their defenses?

It takes some courage and it causes a lot of pain if you are not one fond of confrontation - A lot of second guessing, a lot of regret in how things might have been stated - an expectation of misunderstanding and a certain knowing no matter how careful one may be that some will be injured on an emotional level despite it all.

I can guarantee sometime this afternoon I will have wished I never bothered with this. And I want to reiterate again that much of this earlier observance is skewered by the present state I am in - Take it for whatever truth may be found and discard it as the rantings of a lunatic for all else. My light is dim, my head is full of the cares of this world presently - It is as much beyond my control as it is just the darkest of of dark seasons - I do not know just what is going on but I am not seeking sympathy. It is what it is and I must endure it.

So David, I apologize if this is all seemingly too harsh - In fact some of it is, (I meant "Mighty Mouse" by the way, not "might" mouse - unnecessary regardless)- Where I erred and my regret the last few days has been ... some in what I might have said, but that I said it [i]at all[/i]. I am not supposed to be speaking, it's an intuition and I went against it. Forgive me for any undue harm brother. Please, you are more than welcome here -Get used to your surroundings, there is such a wealth of real spiritual help here and some incredible saints that have long graced these pages.

If you haven't - a couple of threads, not accusatory - just explanatory;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=21919&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Testing all things on SermonIndex[/url]

*Edit - Already the words are redounding in my regrettable mind ... "If" is too accusatory - It occurred to me just there if we are not mistaking discernment for 'prophecy'. Apparently you have some discernment - I retract that. You still do not have a prophecy however :-)

2009/3/31 9:22Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

I am sorry that you do not believe in prophetic gifting; I am going to do this to encourage you Mike, no other reason. If you want to say coincidence after this, then so be it. But I am finished with this, and with talking to you about it anymore. Believe what you will.

You know when I first came back to the Lord, I never expected to be anything other than a door mat. I would have been very happy with that too, just knowing that I am saved would have sufficed for me. I did not ask for a prophetic gift.

I could only find the lofi version of what happened and as I recorded the event. Notice the time stamp of June 27, 2008 on the post.

I remember when the Lord first appeared to me in a vision, I did not know at all what to make of it. I went a number of months trying to figure it out.

...anyway

Here is how the Lord first visited me in a prophetic dream as it recorded:

QUOTE (Earendel @ Jun 27 2008, 04:26 AM)
I just had a very strange dream and came to the computer to write it out.

In this dream I was back in engineering school in one of my classes; we were talking about the bible and bible prophecy. I must admit I do not know what this is all about, but here it goes.

It had to do with bible numbers and golden squares, whatever that means. What was strange in the dream to me is I was not scheduled for taking this class. It had to do with aligning of golden squares in a grid pattern; each golden square filled in a part of a whole grid and I believe if there was filled in 49 golden squares (7 x 7 grid) a major event was about to occur. I remember the instructor was able to align a complete grid of 4 complete 7 x 7 golden grids, that is to say accurately prophecy. I remember thinking in the dream I could align them too, that is to say that I could accurately prophecy. I was not scheduled for this class, and how I ended up here I am not certain.

I remember sitting thinking I was not supposed to be in this class, but as I sat there I heard my name called out as part of the roll call for that class...I am in this class. The instructor called out my name in front of the class and said to the others that I had aligned a complete 7 grids by 7 grids golden grid square; and that a Katrina class huricane is coming...he called it a "Katrina Class" Immediately after hearing this, I heard a gentle voice call my name. The first time the gentle voice called out to me I did not awaken from my sleep. The gentle voice called my name again and I awoke out of my sleep, I got out of bed and checked on my children and sat down at this computer to write it out was it is still fresh in my thoughts. I started writing this out at approx 2:49 AM. What was odd about this dream, was the gentle voice that called my name twice to awaken me out of my sleep to come and write this out. The gentle voice was not apart of the dream but was exterior to it, like someone standing over me calling my name to awaken me. When I awoke, I was alone in my bedroom not at all frighened by what had happened. and here I am writing it out.

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:mdrh7ZHNJ34J:www.christian-forum.net/lofiversion/index.php/t20684-50.html=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=safari

At the end of the link above, I saw it fulfilled.

That whole thread was about repentance and turning away from sin and turning to God. I am responsible for what I know, for surely as writing this I will have to give an account. My message is clear, the day of the Lord is at hand, repent and get ready! He's coming! Turn to God with a pure heart, and allow the work of the Holy Spirit to bring full repentance.

Concerning the prophetic, David Wilkerson has a very profound word of prophecy, I have sensed the same thing coming as well:
http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2009/03/urgent-message.html

Paul Washer on what is coming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UyZYpeReY&feature=PlayList&p=12F5365130DB8B2A&index=0

Why a "Great Revival" comes during the "Great Tribulation".
http://www.prophecytalk.com/index.php?topic=6602.0

2009/3/31 10:07Profile
spirit2009

England

Re:

Have you ever tried yourself to be free from sin without the help of the Lord ? it is impossible , only the Father ,our Lord is free from sin and so we break down our human selves and let the Lord take control as we ourselves as human beings cannot!!!!!!!

2009/3/31 13:45Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

spirit2009 wrote:
Have you ever tried yourself to be free from sin without the help of the Lord ? it is impossible , only the Father ,our Lord is free from sin and so we break down our human selves and let the Lord take control as we ourselves as human beings cannot!!!!!!!

The only way to be sin free is through the cross of Christ, through the blood of the Lamb - there is no other way to be sin free. Complete trust in Christ that He took away the sins, and where there is no sins, the righteousness that the Law of God requires is fulfilled, thus is explained the righteousness by faith. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Once the sins are out of the way, the Holy Spirit can come...

For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13

2009/3/31 14:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy