SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Re-marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Divorce and Re-marriage

Wendy,

God bless you, your testimony says it all:

Quote:
dunlow64God wrote:
He did not refuse me because I had been divorced and remarried. We come to Him by the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit. He wouldn't have bothered with me if I could not be forgiven for being divorced and remarried.

Thank you all for allowing me to put my two cents worth in! :-)
In Christ,
Wendy

Thank you so much for putting your two cents in! All the other opinions be gone! I know the Lord showed this to you and praise God, it made my day!

Thank you for pointing this out; that we cannot come to Christ unless the Spirit draw us!! If the other opinions were true, then we would not have been drawn into His great love in the first place! [i]The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, [b]that we are the children of God:[/b][/i] Romans 8.16

[i]To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.[/i] Jude 1.25

2009/3/18 15:01Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

When I meet God.

I was lying in a bed with a woman was married at the time. I had beaten her up so bad she was could not get out of the bed. She was pregnant with my child but I didn't not know it then

Just before going to bed I rolled a joint, as I lay down on the bed I put down the joint and I prayed a simple prayer "God I am fed up being like this"

Lying next to the woman who was married, that was pregnant, which I had beaten up so bad that she could not get out of the bed. I prayed a simple prayer and a wind left me and as soon as the wind left another wind came and blew into my stomach and filled my whole body. After the wind stopped blowing I sat up in language that I had never spoke before.

Truly I have experienced that amazing Grace, I can confess of how sweet the sound, that saved a wrecthed like.

Don't you people understand the love, the grace, the mercy that God can pour out on someone who turns his heart to God.

I ask myself when I read the posts on here do these people know God. The only answer I can come up with is look at the Pharisees when Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago. How much did they struggle with Jesus, they just didn't seem to get it, they missed it 100%.

I am not trying to be nasty just honest you just don't seem to understand the goodness, the kindness, the mercy, the love, the grace of God.

I am know married to that woman, the kid she carried at the time is know 19.

2009/3/18 17:48Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

Hallelujah! Praise The Lord! What a wonderful testimony of God's love, mercy, and grace! Thank you!
In Christ,
Wendy

2009/3/18 18:26Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

are you saying that there is no way to divorce, as a Christian, then to remarry another , and then by that always and forever to be perpetually an adulterer and thereby not be forgiven of adultery because we , who remarry are forever destined to be adulterous and bound in this sin , and not forgiven because we continue to be adulterers. This is what your interpretation of this scripture , is infering upon all who remarry after divorce, this interpretation is lacking , and not complete in Love.

2009/3/18 19:22Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

This My brother has the testimony of Jesus , all hail the power of Jesus name , let angels prostrate fall... He brings His fan with Him and thoroughly blows the dirt out . God bless you . Clint

2009/3/18 19:44Profile

murrcolr

Brother, bless you for that testimony, and bless God for His Mercy, and may God bless your dear wife and child.

one of the best attributes a saved sinner can have is when they are real, authentic and transparent...you are. and I love you.

in Jesus', neil

2009/3/18 19:54

Re: Divorce and Re-marriage

Since were not under the law you basically can do whatever you want, providing you don't go against your conscience. Your motive and intents have got to be right. If you do what is right you can't go wrong.

If you want to live by the letter, your going to be judged by it. There are people that want to drag you under that letter. The Pharisees did it and they are still doing it. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

If I hit my wife and abused her, she has every right to get as far away from me and marry someone better than I. If I don't supply my family with the needed support that is required of a husband, Paul said that I am worse than an infidel. My wife has the right to get rid of me and find another that will support the family. If my wife denies my right to her body, and it's prolonged for a long period of time and there is no ample reason why, I have the right to divorce her and find someone who is faithful in the marriage bed.

In the Christian circle, we will always be longsuffering towards those that we love even though the other may lose their love. So in those instances we wait and for most it's a wasted wait. It's a rare instance that restoration is possible. In all my years I have never seen it, except recently my Sister's husband had multiple affairs and now they are working it out because they WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING........FOR THEM and FOR GOD.

Quote your scriptures, no one can live under those commandments, I can't live under that system anymore and neither should my wife or anyone else's spouse. The people that point the finger are the very ones that end up doing what they have condemned others for doing. I have seen this in action, and I am always humbled by the fact that we should keep our mouths shut when it come to divorce and remarriage and only speak when God is moving us to speak on the subject to the individuals involved. I have witnessed much damage over this doctrine. Condemnation rules and mercy is kicked out.

2009/3/18 19:57
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

murrcolr wrote:

Quote:

I ask myself when I read the posts on here do these people know God. The only answer I can come up with is look at the Pharisees when Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago. How much did they struggle with Jesus, they just didn't seem to get it, they missed it 100%.

I am not trying to be nasty just honest you just don't seem to understand the goodness, the kindness, the mercy, the love, the grace of God.

This whole post truly sickens me. I have never seen so many "Christians" justify their sinful actions then I have in this one thread.

Brother... you question if the rest of us know the Lord because we do not agree with divorce and remarriage after divorce? You lump us into a group and then call those who trust in the full council of the Lord Pharisees?

Look back on this entire thread. Those who would justify something (divorce) that the Lord HATES have turned on those who would honor the Lord and His words. You sit here and pat each other on the back, yet you bite at those who would council in the ways of the Lord.

Some in this thread have actually implied that those of us who do not believe in divorce are under some kind of delusion? 2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 What kind of filth are we posting here folks? Calling good children of the Lord evil?

Quote:
Don't you people understand the love, the grace, the mercy that God can pour out on someone who turns his heart to God.

Yes we do brother. We are some of them as well. And it is because of the love AND the fear of the Lord that many here council against divorce.

And looking over all these posts, I do not see one person who does not believe in divorce, condemning anyone who has had a divorce, or been remarried. I see scripture being brought up and spoken about. I see council given. I see longing hearts for those who may be contemplating divorce to turn away from it. I see much. But I do not see anyone saying that you are condemned or not saved because of your divorce.

If you feel convicted, good. Conviction on something is great AND is between you and the Lord. But to drag your brothers and sisters threw the mud because of divorce/remarriage is inexcusable.

I am lost for words...

2009/3/18 20:02Profile

ouch

dear friend Christian,
you certainly scorched Murr. ouch. I'm not rebuking you or him, just saying ouch.

words are like razors, or words are like balm.

I was just stunned by the razor-like nature of your words. I thought the brother was rather brave by being so transparent.

oh, Grace, how sweet the sound.

in Jesus' love, neil

2009/3/18 20:17
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I am sorry to read that you have been involved in divorce and remarriage. This is a tragedy for all concerned. But such is sin: it is a tragedy for all involved. Sin's effects create a storm for all who are close to the people involved, like Jonah. He was running away from God when He sent a storm which endangered all in the ship. Such is the result of sin. Every-time.

Now the 'exception" clause and how do I handle it? Did you know the wording that is rendered "except" was added to the Scriptures during the 1400s, that it does not appear in any of the New Testament manuscripts prior to 1000? Did you know the early church never allowed divorced and remarrieds in their brotherhood? (http://www.btinternet.com/~lmf12/DivorceMcFALLview.pdf)

The scripture in 1 Corinthians 7 deals with marriage per se: not divorce and remarriage. People came to the LORD and their spouse was still a pagan so what do you do? Paul says: stay married! However, if the unbelieving departs, you are under no bondage...Some take this to mean the Believer is now free to remarry. It does not say that. It says the Believer is not under bondage. So what does that mean? It simply means the Believer has no moral obligation to maintain that person. Let him/her go, don't pursue him/her. (I am closely involved in counseling a person whose wife left him. I told my brother you must let her go! And back off! You must get out of the way so God can work in that person's life and not interfere with it. Sad situation...makes me cry..never imagined it would happen to him and neither did he.)

Sir, I have worked at a CPC for fifteen years and have met many divorced and remarried persons. When I asked them about this situation, they either told me it was sin or they became very defensive and told me they asked their pastor about it who informed them they were OK, that Jesus died for them and all is forgiven. No exception. The latter were in the minority. Only once did I ever have teach a client what the scripture says and with this person I am not sure but what she was lying.

May I be so bold as to suggest that persons involved in this kind of situation have other hidden issues? If you doubt me, listen to "Ten Indictments" by Paul Washer. Granted, he is not discussing this issue but he is dealing with issues that cut to the heart of heart issues.

So sorry to read there are so many on this thread who are DR...seems strange these strangers suddenly appear on SI and on this thread. Very strange, indeed.

ginnyrose

2009/3/18 20:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy