SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Re-marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:
Have you ever had the Lord appear to you? Has His Holy presence ever enveloped you? He has to me, time and time again. Even now as I write His Spirit is upon me. In my younger years, I have seen the Lord face to face in a dream (The love in His eyes when He looked at me were so intense and so beautiful, and the glory around him melted my spirit within me, and His glory caught me up.

Okay, were getting off topic. But what has this got to do with anything? Does the LORD appearing before you make Ginnyrose or any of us any less significant? Let not these experiences make you more than what you are.....in Christ like the rest of us. Maybe your a finger to point the way, but is the liver that is not seen worthless? Maybe Ginnyrose is the liver in the body of Christ to filter out the garbage, all she sees is bad stuff and she works with it to cleanse the body of impurities. She doesn't see visions or dreams, but she has a joy that where she is at is where the LORD put her and she is happy to be there and people are drawn by her meek and mild spirit. You have supernatural experiences, but she may have had been down the road with terrible trials that will stable her walk and cause her to stable others in Jesus name. But each of you is not any less than the other, each one is doing the masters job. You don't say to the liver, "Hey liver, have you seen visions like I have and had the LORD melt your heart?" The liver responds, "No, but I've seen a Christian that almost lost all hope, but after travailing and casting out this impurity that just wouldn't go, at the last, it was purged". To me, after hearing that, I would give up any vision to be placed in that position to be used of God. To see one Christian Brother or Sister be revived is worth more than anything.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are way out of line here. I was merely trying to show how God has dealt with me in the past, and how He is still dealing with me, and it most certainly does not in any way make me any better than anyone else. I have sought God with all of my heart, and He appeared to me in visions, and gave to me His Holy Spirit. He has allowed a very close and intimate walk with Him. Should I be scolded for this?

I remember when I was a young man, when I attended a Baptist church. (they don't believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit) I was told to be quiet about my experiences with God, because I made people feel bad about themselves because they did not have the same experience and testimony that I did. I was told to be silent, and I felt awful for making people feel bad about their experience, or lack thereof.

I left there and God lead me to a full gospel fellowship.

What is at issue here is, is am I being led by God or not. I am not trying to put anyone down or trying to make anyone feel bad. You believe in Jesus, and so does ginnyrose, well I think this is truly wonderful! :-)

Just one more thing, there are many, many people that have had greater experiences then myself.

The owner of this website has a video on youtube, in fact the video led me here to this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgDXTKT_p8

...truly wonderful!!!!!!! I can only hope to be like that.

2009/3/21 19:39Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I have to reply to this comment from you Earendel concerning Ginnyrose. You wrote:I not only profess to know Him, I profess that He knows me. Does He know you? ...and how do you know that He knows you? What is your answer to this?

I can tell you that Ginnyrose has walked with much love and care here on sermon index for as long as I have been posting. On more then one occasion she has shared with me, prayed for me, and spoken convicting and encouraging truth to me to point me towards Jesus. She has shown her fruit to be that of one who loves Jesus. Her courage and strength in how Father helped her through the death of her only daughter has blessed me greatly.

We all have testimony here that Father has used to shape us as He sees fit.

God Bless
MJ

2009/3/21 19:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are way out of line here

It's difficult not to be Brother. Unless we have super duper discernment of how your feeling and what she's thinking or what he meant, it's pretty difficult because we simply don't know one another and these forums is like the law, cut and dry. It's like hearing a song for the first time, we generally don't like it. But if we listen to it a couple of times it begins to grow on us and we end up liking it. Well, the same is in these forums. At first we take what is being posted in a negative way, we do this because we don't know one another and our guard is up, but then the reply comes back saying, "that's not what I meant" and then it's explained clearly. The result is, I begin to know you and you begin to know me and we understand how one writes and vice versa. That is why these forums can be quite heated at times. Sending IM's is very helpful too.

I like your spirit, and I like what you have to say about some things, your an interesting writer. I would caution you though, when I first read the post, It came across as being arrogant. It's unfortunate that we are this way but I am looking for the negative, that is just the way we are until we learn to know one another. Most won't admit that, but I'll be the first to extend the olive branch of being open.

2009/3/21 20:13
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are way out of line here

It's difficult not to be Brother. Unless we have super duper discernment of how your feeling and what she's thinking or what he meant,

Agreed, it's hard to hear the tone of someone's voice or see a facial expression; forums are like that I guess. You cannot see someone's heart either, and sometimes typed words do not properly convey what is actually being said by someone.

2009/3/21 20:22Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

I don't have super duper discernment and I didn't take the mentioned post negatively. I took it as someone giving a testimony of what the Lord has done in their life. We are supposed to give our testimonies, aren't we? I din't take it as him being arrogant at all. Just him telling what the Lord has done for Him. I think sometimes we(including myself) tend to take things too personally. I don't reply to alot of forums on this website because I don't want anyone to misconstrue the meaning or intention of my post. I enjoy reading the different discussions, but sometimes they can get downright nasty. I know that everyone is not going to agree and we're not supposed to, to a certain extent, but we are all in the same family! And sometimes we need to show a little more brotherly love! My husband is a very negative person. Always thinks the worst, sees the bad side of everything, etc...I am the opposite. I am a very positive person. I guess that can be both good and bad. We need to let the love of Jesus flow in us and through us to everyone! "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: "[color=CC0000]for ye are all one in Christ Jesus[/color]." Galatians 3:28 (The color was added by me for emphasis)
In Christ and with His love,
Wendy :-)

2009/3/21 21:00Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings

I have to reply to this comment from you Earendel concerning Ginnyrose. You wrote:I not only profess to know Him, I profess that He knows me. Does He know you? ...and how do you know that He knows you? What is your answer to this?

I can tell you that Ginnyrose has walked with much love and care here on sermon index for as long as I have been posting. God Bless
MJ

I have no idea what her experiences are with the Lord. I hope they are truly wonderful!

I know that the Lord overlooks many of our faults and blesses us anyway, as He has with me time and time again.

I really want to encourage people in the Lord to go deeper and deeper and don't quit; He truly is wonderful!

It's not just about geting rid of sin in our lives, and nothing more (although that's really important) but just as importantly it is about personal relationship with our loving Creator above all else in this life. Loving Him and worshipping Him in my spirit from the heart, and not just the mouth.

It's about our Lord Jesus Christ, and how He took away our sins, and nailed them to the cross, and with it all of the condemnation and guilt of sin that goes with it. Repentance is just the beginning of our Christian walk, but not the ending. Being changed into His image is the ending...or is it the end of the begining?

1 John 3:2-3 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

It's not so difficult, we just have to give ourselves to it. The more we draw close to God with our hearts, and not just our lips, the more His Spirit envelopes us, and equips us. The more He equips us, the more sin is going to fall away and drop out of our lives...
Exalt Him! Praise Him! Worship Him! Seek Him Out! Love Him...and as His sweet Holy Spirit falls on us, and we give ourselves to Him in worship, the more the cares of this life are just going to disolve away.

No matter what trials may come and go, or how we fail Him in this life...He will always brings us back; He will always be with us; I am witness to this fact. He is truly faithful!!

Repentance is a rocky road best travelled during the day when there is light, lest darkness comes and we cannot travel the road...that is to say the Spirit of God will not always strive with man.
Matthew 7:13-14

2009/3/21 21:35Profile

Re:

Thank you Wendy for that. I should have mentioned in my last post in that I didn't read his entire post. I went back to read it completely. It was foolish on my part to have judged his character when I didn't read the entire post. That is a character flaw in me, I do that quite often and it's not a good thing. I find long posts dull in reading, but I found after I went back and read it, refreshing, go figure, eh? ;-)

2009/3/21 21:51
dunlow64God

Re:

Sure! Glad that I helped someone! :-) We all have character flaws! That's why we're all in this together! I'll pray for you to be released from being bored by long posts! ;-)
In Christ,
Wendy

2009/3/21 22:18Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I just discovered goat cheese tonight. Wow, this is good!

2009/3/21 23:59Profile
dtcrneck

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
I just discovered goat cheese tonight. Wow, this is good!

I really like to eat figs; I can sit down and eat a whole bunch of them. Mark 11:12-14

2009/3/22 17:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy