SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I think the scariest type verses in the whole last days scenario that fill so many chpt.s is "because iniquity did abound, the love of most will grow cold" and verses like that, regarding those who professed to Know HIM but turn in the end, because of offenses or a lack of love for the truth or lack of love for His appearing.
Natural disasters, wars, persecutions, even starving to death are nothing compared to the falling away from Him, His Love and His Truth. That is very scarey to me and we're witnessing it more, as things get worse in this world.
I just asked elsewhere - Who would want to stay here - with what we see on the News everyday and what is coming? Only for His Glory, if it's His Will, we have to stay - but some of us are being mocked because we're wanting to go Home - as the Apostle Paul did. If we say "to die is gain" they think we're needing therapy or something.
Love waxing cold is going pandemic in this world and to think that Jesus said that the "whole world" will hate us - makes me think of Wurmbrand, as he watched 'christians' turn on each other to save their own lives and such.

Was just reading articles on Chinanews website dated Monday 3/9/09 that Korea is gearing up to attack us and southern Korea .... and then we see christians fighting today on other websites that have this same word from Brother Wilkerson on them.
I wonder how many are vexed by this world?
The 'only' reason HE delays His coming is for us to witness - and they'll know we're His Disciples only by our love. Imagine that. I think it's count the cost time, regardless when or if David has it down to a Tee - His Word does.

2009/3/8 23:23
psalm1

Re:

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Looks to me like we will be eating and drinking till we enter the ark

2009/3/9 0:27Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Here is some encouragement -

Psa 91:5-12
(5) You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
(6) nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
(7) A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
(8) You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
(9) If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge--
(10) then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
(11) For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
(12) they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

God bless,

Patrick
www.jonahproject.org

2009/3/9 2:12Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re: David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Another link from David Wilkerson's blog - [url=http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2009/03/further-word.html]A Further Word - by David Wilkerson[/url]

Dan 11:32 And he will ruin by flattery those who do evil against the covenant. [u][b]But the people who know their God will be strong and will work[/b][/u].

Be of good courage the Lord our God reigns.

2009/3/9 3:05Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
But if they do come to pass are you going to do the same thing and revisit this topic with a retraction of what you've prophicied instead of an 'I told you so'?

Of course

2009/3/9 4:20Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

edited

2009/3/9 11:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here is a new post david wilkerson made today on his blog:
http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/

[b]A Further Word[/b]

“If the foundations be destroyed, what shall the righteous do?”

Recently I felt compelled to send out an URGENT message warning of an impending great calamity — such that will cause even God’s elect to tremble.

One Bishop asked, “Is there no further word: How should the righteous respond to such a word?”

I can only answer by sharing what the Holy Spirit is speaking to my own heart and what I am to do. I shared that I was led in a practical way to lay aside a month’s supply of food — because I have witnessed the panic in the wake of terrorism. That has to be a personal word for every individual.

This is what I hear the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart concerning my own spiritual response to impending calamity. It is simply this —STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD.

“And Moses said to the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will show you today…The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace” (Exodus 14:13-14).

This is the attitude of faith in the face of calamity. What could Israel do on the brink of the Red Sea? Pharaoh’s army is pressing in, mountains are on both sides, and there is an impossible sea ahead. The flesh cries, “Do something!”

The flesh cries hopelessness. Can God’s people dry up the sea? Level a mountain? Fight a great army without having weapons? They are in what appears to be a dreadful, frightening situation. God’s people tremble — and in this hour of trembling comes a word from God. In essence:

“Stand still. Fear not. This is the hour of salvation. You are going to witness the pulling down of the foundations of a world power. But in the same hour, I will fight for you. Hold your peace — be still and see my works.”

Beloved, my warning is just one voice among many who are saying the same thing. We may all tremble for a season, but those who truly know God’s Word will be quickly comforted by the Holy Spirit. We will be baptized with a great peace — a supernatural quietness — which will be a tremendous witness to the fearful multitudes.

In Christ,

David Wilkerson

2009/3/9 11:59Profile
psalm1

Re:

Quote;
"Hinns and Wilkerson in the same sentence is rediclious "

Like Wilkerson is God?

"On the country road that night, I was seeing in my mind's eye New York City burning in flames. I saw more than a thousand fires burning at one time - an image I had seen before. There were riots, bloodshed, tanks rolling into the streets, troops wielding rifles in an attempt to restore order. People were mobbing grocery stores for provisions, looting merchants, raging out of control. I realized that when riots come, there will be no food left in grocery stores. Computer disasters will affect their jobs and paychecks. Violence on the streets could keep them shut up in their homes, perhaps for weeks.

"I became so overwhelmed at these thoughts that I had to grab onto a rail fence to support myself. I started weeping, crying out to the Lord, 'Oh, God, how can I prepare these devoted people for such devastation? They all can't just pick up everything and flee the city. Most have no car, no transportation and little income. They struggle just to pay rent and buy subway tokens, much less to buy hideaways in Vermont or Montana. They have no family outside the city, no hiding place, very little space to lay up supplies for emergencies. Most live in cramped apartments that are already overcrowded with the bare essentials. Please, Father - give us a word, a plan of survival. What can I do as a pastor? You've told me to warn them about what's coming. Why can't you give me your plan for preserving us? What do you want me to tell your people?'
The Lord heard my cry, and he gave me a comforting word. He whispered to my heart, 'David, you're seeing this whole matter from your point of view. Let me show you mine.'"

Note he said" I was seeing in my mind's eye"

I was at times square church the day after Wilkerson received this. He said specifically "God showed him 1000 fires"

He even offered counseling after the service

This was around 1992. It never happened

2009/3/9 12:13Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

edited i was rude

2009/3/9 12:18Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I think that it is a stretch to compare David Wilkerson with the likes of Benny Hinn or other charismatic prosperity preachers. The epicenter of Wilkerson's messages is to focus on and give ourselves to Christ Jesus. In my opinion, the focus of Benny Hinn's ministry is quite different.

That said: I am praying that this does NOT come to pass. I am praying for this land. Yes, sin does abound greatly...especially in a place like New York City (or the San Francisco Bay Area, where I live). Yet it has never been more ripe for a GREAT move of God! We point at difficult times as a catalyst for "revival" -- yet, often, it was because few people had reason to turn anywhere else. God is great enough to draw people unto Himself while things are going well. I just wish that God's people could go out and compell them to come to Christ!

On Saturday, my wife and I were listening to a message on the computer. During it, I was struck by how long it has been since I have introduced someone to the Lord. Yes, I wear my faith "on my sleeve" everywhere I go. I tell people about the Lord...and I desire for it to be seen in the way that I live my life. I even bring my Bible to work with me...I read it during breaks or during lunch...and it is placed on my desk so that people will see it (and possibly ask questions...which they have). Yet it has been a while since I have gotten on my knees next to someone...and prayed with them as they poured their hearts out to the Lord in repentance. There is no greater joy than to do this...and see them continue to walk with the Lord today. Yet it has been so long...and I literally hurt for it.

As I thought about this and discussed this with my wife on Saturday, we prayed for God to open doors. My wife mentioned that all believers should feel such misery at our failure to lead souls to the Lord. We should be miserable if we are living our lives for God without even blinking an eye at how few are coming to Christ!

I am praying that the Lord gives us more time. I know that the time is ripe for a nightmare scenario (economically, etc...). But the fields are already ripe for harvest. A light appears more distinct and bright in the darkness!

*EDIT - I am not saying that anyone here is comparing David Wilkerson with Benny Hinn. It just seems implied...and the comparison is unneeded.

2009/3/9 12:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy