SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
nyctscmzone

Re:

Pastor Dave wrote a book called Gods plan for the coming depression. in it he does have a long list. they sell it a time square church. i used to live in nyc and i was saved at tsc its a great palce and though large youll find great lasting fellowship. go tommorow youll be blessed.

2009/3/7 16:57Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

where to learn about what to store & how to do it

Here is a link to a forum I visit that has lots of information on what to store and how to store it. Many other forgotten how-to instructions for those necessary crafts that have been lost over time.

[url=http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/vb/index.php]Frugal Squirrel's[/url]

I stay within the How To section and the sections specifically labeled Christian, don't know everything that is on the site, but their lists are helpful for starters.

Plan for power outages and have a way to cook & lots of fuel and matches.

In the long run, my husband and I do not have the funds to stock up much and pray that we will at least have time to get the garden in and started. Green beans come up quick and produce soonest. We could live on those easily. If there is enough rain to grow. It is all in the Lord's hands. If we live through it, we live for Jesus. If we die, we go to Him. What is there to fear.

Like an Oak tree, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Or, the same sun that melts the wax, hardens the clay. God's will be done. My His name be glorified.

Kindest regards,
white stone

P.S. I read a similar warning the other day on a financial forum. One of the Big Talking Heads predicted impending disaster, too. Too many signs to take it lightly.

2009/3/7 17:31Profile
Questor

Re: where to learn about what to store & how to do it

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/LTAH_Food_Store7.html

This is an excellant site, and if you have Excel, a free download shopping list, item by item, that you could ever need.

The link above leads to the Basic Minimum List.

There is also a book you can buy from the author that teaches just about everything one might need to know in a disaster.

2009/3/7 20:08Profile

Re: David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

[b]1 Thess 5:10-28 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.

And be at peace among yourselves.

[& 1 Thessalonians 4:9]

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.

Brethren, pray for us. ["Pray one for another."]

Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

I charge you by the Lord that 'this' epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.[/b]

Amen

2009/3/7 20:33
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Quote:
What if such things do not happen?

Remember Jonah

it is written
Jer 30:23 Behold, the tempest of Jehovah's wrath goes forth, a sweeping tempest; it shall whirl on the head of the wicked.

it is also written
Eze 18:23 Do I actually delight in the death of the wicked? says the Lord Jehovah. Is it not that he should turn from his ways and live?

My immediate reaction was to make provision ... for the body. But again I am led to examine myself in constant repentance and ensure that I am walking in the light and the assurance of God's love for me. Seeking the complete reign of the HOLY SPIRIT in my life.

By HIS grace...

2009/3/8 8:40Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
My immediate reaction was to make provision ... for the body.

Last summer we had more food from our garden than we could eat ourselves. We gave away shopping bags full each week. I gave them to a thrift store that has a huge Spanish speaking clientele. The shop keeper was told the food was from Jesus and freely given to be freely distributed. Lord willing we will have a good harvest this season, too.

This year I hope to be able to give to our immediate neighbors and speak to them of Jesus.

I do not have money to stock a pantry full of food. Seeds are not that expensive and digging is something God allows me to do and enjoy. I do not feel this is considered simply 'making provision for the body.' It is not just our bodies we will feed.

I just plant the seeds - God gives the increase.

white stone

2009/3/8 11:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I just plant the seeds - God gives the increase.

:-)

2009/3/8 11:44Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings White stone

I think that it is rally wonderful that you and your husband are being faithful to what Father is leading you. I know that gardening is hard work but that you are doing it unto Him. God is faithful, by this next fall I am sure you will have a plentiful harvest and many of your neighbors will be blessed.I know your heart is to walk in Him daily and to be a help to others for His name sake.

Have a blessed day
MJ

2009/3/8 12:24Profile

Re:

Today's Sermon from Times Square Church.

08-Mar-2009 - "Seeing Christ at the Hour of His Return" by Carter Conlon.

http://www.tscnyc.org/sermons.php

2009/3/8 14:44
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

To White_Stone ... :-)

May God give you the wisdom and the right words while you share the good news with others.
May God prepare their heart for the seed that He wants you to plant.
And sometimes even when practically helping others, we might not get an opportunity to share the gospel, or we may be just led to silently help and move out. And even then may the sweet aroma of Christ in you, touch the lives of whom God allows you to come across.
1Co 15:58 So that, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not without fruit in the Lord.

When I meant my immediate thought, i meant [u][b]MY[/b][/u] immediate thought :-)
I have the tendecy to priortize on self preservation, while my focus ought to be continiously on the things that are of eternal worth followed by other things. i.e. to be in constant Spiritual readiness followed by 'physical' readiness.
So as I am reminded of these things, I wanted to share and encourage others too.

a bit of a 'universal' side note here : I have no right to state or pass a remark on how others perceive things but to simply state the things that God is reminding me and what He wishes to do in me. So may God give me grace to first and foremost work these in my own life.
Sometimes it may seem as if my comment is a direct hit on somebody else thoughts and I regret and appologies for that. After all I know not the intentions of the heart and who am I too sit on high and pass judgement and become the 'teacher'. And so far, statistically I have been more wrong than right. so far ... :-) but there is hope!
So my dear brothers and sisters, all that points you to Jesus and challenges you in that simplicity and devotion to Christ, hold on and the rest with love cast away.

yours because of Jesus

2009/3/8 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy