SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Pastor David Wilkerson, from Times Square Church in New York City, just sent this letter out to EVERY single person on his contact list. He has never done this before. Must read!

AN URGENT MESSAGE

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires—such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting—including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written,

“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (v. 3).

God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Israel, “God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, and reform your ways and deeds. But they will say, It’s hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart” (Jeremiah 18:11-12).

In Psalm 11:6, David warns, “Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)…fire…burning wind…will be the portion of their cup.” Why? David answered, “Because the Lord is righteous” (v. 7). This is a righteous judgment—just as in the judgments of Sodom and in Noah’s generation.

WHAT SHALL THE RIGHTEOUS DO? WHAT ABOUT GOD’S PEOPLE?

First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.

As for our spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We “flee like a bird to a mountain.” Or, as David says, “He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in heaven—his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men” (v. 4). “In the Lord I take refuge” (v. 1).

I will say to my soul: No need to run...no need to hide. This is God’s righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching over every step I take—trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

God bless and keep you,

In Christ,

DAVID WILKERSON

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/

2009/3/7 1:37Profile
growingholly

Re: David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

thank you for posting this. may He have mercy on us...
hey, do you go to times square church? i was so skeptical of going because it's so big. i'm in nyc and have been having no success in finding a Biblical church here.

2009/3/7 9:17Profile
Nellie

Could someone print a list of what we will need, other than rice and beans?
It would be greatly appreciated.
That way, I can carry the list to the Grocery Store.
You can PM me if you like.
God Bless
Nellie

2009/3/7 10:08Profile
HeartSong

Re:

While I am not necessarily saying that there is a connection, for some reason the Lord has had me praying for North Korea for a couple of weeks now. Here is an article by CNN that talks of some of the things that are going on with North Korea as well as a video that is contained within the article.

Article

Video

2009/3/7 10:26Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Good word from brother Wilkerson.

The Lord has been pounding something in my heart like this for the past few months as well. All I keep hearing in prayer is "Violent days are ahead." But don't be troubled, have faith... for the just shall LIVE by faith (Hab. 2:4). Increased savings, perishable goods, etc are a good idea. Joseph used the seven years of abundance to prepare for the seven years of famine.

However, depending on the severity of the things to come, no amount of preparation will be sufficient save for being spiritually alert and ready. Be sure to not have a false confidence in the things you can store up for yourself. Barns full of stuff can burn down overnight. Just make sure your trust is truly in the Lord. Cast your lot with Him.

2009/3/7 10:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
thank you for posting this. may He have mercy on us...
hey, do you go to times square church? i was so skeptical of going because it's so big. i'm in nyc and have been having no success in finding a Biblical church here.

I would definitely recommend either going to Times Square Church or to the Brooklyn Tabernacle, both are "word-centered" churches even though they are both very large.

2009/3/7 12:28Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Firstly, thank you Greg for sending forth this message to all in the mailing list.

The immediate thought that came to my mind was the passover and much later like in Noah warning about the flood.

I think I should warn my dear and near ones, my friends and even my collegues of this possibiity. I do not know how, and there is the thought of timidity and embaracement. But I am going to seek the Lord in this regard and ask HIM to help me out to do the things I need to do.

Dan 11:33 And those who understand among the people shall teach many; yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by exile, and spoil, for days.

Eze 3:18 When I say to the wicked, You shall surely die; and you do not give him warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked one shall die in his iniquity; but I will require his blood at your hand.
Eze 3:19 Yet if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
Eze 3:20 And when the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and when I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.
Eze 3:21 But if you warn the righteous so that the righteous does not sin, and if he does not sin, he shall surely live because he is warned; also you have delivered your soul.

Eze 33:7 And you, son of man, I have set you a watchman to the house of Israel. Therefore you shall hear the Word from My mouth, and warn them from Me.
Eze 33:8 When I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die; if you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked one shall die in his iniquity; but I will require his blood at your hand.
Eze 33:9 But, if you warn the wicked of his way, to turn from it; if he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

BUT PRAISE BE TO GOD, HE IS OUR SALVATION. NOT MY REASON OR FEELINGS OR BY THINGS SEEN, BUT BY HIS SPIRIT, because HE HAS SAID SO.

Luk 12:5 But I will warn you of whom you shall fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yea, I say to you, fear Him.

THEM THAT FEAR GOD NEED FEAR NOTHING ELSE.

THE LORD WILL KEEP US. LET US SURRENDER OURSLEVES TO HIS CARE AND HIS WILL.

2Ti 1:12 For this cause I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard My deposit unto that Day.

2009/3/7 14:35Profile
repentcanada

What if such things do not happen?

2009/3/7 16:38Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
What if such things do not happen?

Then we will praise the Lord for answering our prayers.

2009/3/7 16:43Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I meant more so along the lines of brother Wilkerson emphatically saying that these things WILL happen, that the Holy Spirit told him these things. If that was the case, I don't think we can pray the Lord out of allowing such things to happen.

2009/3/7 16:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy