SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God Talk to His People?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Does God Talk to His People?

[b]Job 40:6-14[/b]
Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous? Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him? Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty. Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him. Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place. Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret. Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

2009/2/6 20:04Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Does God Talk to His People?

Proverbs 1:
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

In Christ
Jeff

2009/2/6 21:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Heb 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 ¶ Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

2009/2/7 1:30Profile
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

John 10:3-4
To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

John 10:27
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

2009/2/7 7:09Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, [b]the Holy Ghost said[/b], Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

he who have ears hears

2009/2/7 7:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Rev. 10:8 Then the voice which I heard from heaven spoke to me again and said, “Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth.”

Rev. 10:9 So I went to the angel and said to him, “Give me the little book.”

And he said to me, “Take and eat it; and it will make your stomach bitter, but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth.”

Rev. 10:10 Then I took the little book out of the angel’s hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth. But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter. 11 And he said to me, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

In Christ
Jeff

2009/2/7 10:27Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I was thinking some, and speaking to us is mostly with words, but does God only speak through words so to speak?

I think he speaks in other ways to, sometimes we say a picture speaks more then a thousand words, sometimes i think a "picture" revelation from God speaks more then thousand words from the good book, even if the book is HIS words also, i am thinking more then that, it ids not the speaking itself, but the communication, God is communicating something to us. Through his written word of course. But also through the Spirit, and maybe in other ways also.

I recently meditated upon these words that blessed me, and i sought out all verses with the same phrase or similar.

Deu 33:2 And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he [b]shined forth[/b] from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Psa 80:1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, [b]shine forth.[/b]

Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous [b]shine forth[/b] as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I dont know, but the shining forth of God to his people, his words, the receiving of His light will result in that we will shine forth his righteousness.

So hearing from God in words, through the spirit, or through another way will change us. If we receive what is communicated.

The danger is i guess when we know so much already God cant tell us or teach us because we know it already.

2009/2/7 11:29Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Quote:
Through his written word of course. But also through the Spirit, and maybe in other ways also.

Here are some ways Scripture teaches how God speaks to man...

.................................................................................................
Job 33:

14 For God may speak in one way, or in another,
Yet man does not perceive it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men,
While slumbering on their beds,
16 Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction.
17 In order to turn man from his deed,
And conceal pride from man,
18 He keeps back his soul from the Pit,
And his life from perishing by the sword.
19 “Man is also chastened with pain on his bed,
And with strong pain in many of his bones,
20 So that his life abhors bread,
And his soul succulent food.
21 His flesh wastes away from sight,
And his bones stick out which once were not seen.
22 Yes, his soul draws near the Pit,
And his life to the executioners.
23 “If there is a messenger for him,
A mediator, one among a thousand,
To show man His uprightness,
24 Then He is gracious to him, and says,
“Deliver him from going down to the Pit;
I have found a ransom’;

...............................................................................................

God speaks to man, God gives visions and dreams, God controls man's situation so that he may cry out to Him, and God sends a "mediator."

..............................................................................................

Joel 1:
15 Alas for the day!
For the day of the LORD is at hand;
It shall come as destruction from the Almighty.
16 Is not the food cut off before our eyes,
Joy and gladness from the house of our God?
17 The seed shrivels under the clods,
Storehouses are in shambles;
Barns are broken down,
For the grain has withered.
18 How the animals groan!
The herds of cattle are restless,
Because they have no pasture;
Even the flocks of sheep suffer punishment.
19 O LORD, to You I cry out;
For fire has devoured the open pastures,
And a flame has burned all the trees of the field.
20 The beasts of the field also cry out to You,
For the water brooks are dried up,
And fire has devoured the open pastures.

.............................................................................................

Above we find that God takes away the prosperity so that some might cry out to Him.....we find this statement in Amos....

......................................................................................

Amos 3:
6 If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid?
If there is calamity in a city, will not the LORD have done it?
.........................................................................................

God does shine out in the darkness

..........................................................................................

Gen. 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Rev. 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

.............................................................................................

It is the word of God that enables us through the Spirit of God, to recognize God's ways in men.

Is. 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.”

In Christ
Jeff

2009/2/7 12:25Profile
SimpleOne

Re:

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

2009/2/7 12:57Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Psalm 119:

49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.

This is the definition of faith.......

2009/2/8 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy