SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What is God showing you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

What is God showing you?

Feb 6

John 14:1 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God...'

Can't read any further. A thought struck me I have never thought before. Jesus, who knew/knows what is getting ready to happen to Him and because of which whould have every reason to be troubled, would have every reason to entertain a little doubt, makes this statement to His disciples: 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God...'

Jesus' trust was not just good for the good times, but even in His darkest moment, His trust allowed Him to have peace.

2009/2/6 7:00Profile

Re: Journal Entry

Quote:

MJones wrote:

Jesus' trust was not just good for the good times, but even in His darkest moment, His trust allowed Him to have peace.

Amen. Thank you for sharing.

[i]Ps 105:28 He sent darkness, and made it dark; and they rebelled not against his word.[/i]

2009/2/6 9:32
MJones

Missouri

Re: Are we warming ourselves while 'His truth' is being beaten

In John 18, Jesus is questioned by the high priest Annas who in the process strikes Him on the face. He is then qestioned by Pilate and afterward is beaten and crucified. All the time, Peter is standing by a fire warming himself and denying that he even knows Him.

Jesus' when questioned by Pilate, makes this statement,'In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify of the truth.'

While the world strikes and even brutally beats against the truth He came to proclaim, too many of us are warming ourselves by the fire. We may not be denying Him but we are not speaking to defend His truth.

Lord, first help us to know Your truth, then help us find ways to proclaim it.

2009/2/22 8:45Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: The need to linger

John 20:16 Jesus said to her, 'Mary'.

In all our seeking, can you think of anything that would be more comforting and assuring than to hear the voice of God as Mary did here? And in that situation, can you think of any other word that Jesus could have said that would have been more comforting to her?

Several hurried to the tomb. Two of the disciples looked around a little and left. But Mary lingered. By her lingering, she put herself in a position to hear.

Lord, You know the words we need to hear. For all who are seeking to hear them, speak them to us as we linger.

2009/2/25 8:04Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

GOD is showing me how to live with a single
eye focused upon His glory and a heart united
with His purpose !

2009/2/25 16:04Profile
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re:

God has show me and still is that each day I must take up my cross and follow Him. That He is in control of all things. That He is here always.I must be continuously renouncing all things in my life that does not put God frist. To just live and practice in His presence.

2009/2/25 16:48Profile
Compton

Re:

Love makes burdens light.

"If your brother,... is sold to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you...

But if he says to you, ‘I will not go out from you,’ because he loves you and your household, since he is well-off with you, then you shall take an awl, and put it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your slave forever. And to your female slave you shall do the same." Duet 15, Ex. 21

"Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6

MC

2009/2/25 23:51Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

wtninChrist wrote:
I must be continuously renouncing all things in my life that does not put God frist. To just live and practice in His presence.

Cool thuoght.

I notice you're from Muscle Shoals. I am originally from B'ham. Have been in Missouri for 30 years. In the olden days, when I was younger, and didn't mind the back roads, I used to drive the smaller 2 lane high ways when I would go home. They took me through Muscle Shoals. Have thought about trying it again just for something different.

All for now,

Mike

2009/2/27 7:20Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

“So He told His disciples that a small boat should be kept ready for Him because of the multitude, lest they should crush Him. For He healed many, so that as many as had afflictions pressed about Him to touch Him.” Mark 3:9-10

Repeatedly in the gospels we read the accounts of Jesus being thronged or pressed by the crowds. He gained quite a reputation as a miracle worker and there were many in Israel that needed a miracle. Most places He went there were large crowds and all of them were trying to get near Him….because they needed something from Him.

Yes, we are very needy. And God knows we are very needy. He has promised to meet those needs and has told us we can come and ask. What a wonderful privilege. But our coming to Him is not restricted to presenting our needs.

I am learning to be wary in my life of this tendency to come to Jesus only when I have a need. He is so much infinitely more than the One who meets my needs, but sometimes I lose sight of this. The needs in my life, which often give me a new revelation of just how not in control I am, magnify my need for Him. But my need for Him is never less just because life isn’t spinning chaotically out of control.

Oh God, please help me remember this…..

Many will press against Him to get their needs met, but who will press against Him only to know Him? Whose need for His Presence is desperate enough that it drives them to pursue Him relentlessly and recklessly?

Lord, I want to be one of these.

2009/2/27 21:28Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

BrokenOne wrote:

Many will press against Him to get their needs met, but who will press against Him only to know Him?

I am convinced that this is God's greatest desire. 'This is eternal life, that they may know You'.

There is a place that just being in His presence leaves nothing to be desired. To ask for anything seems fowl. No matter what rages around us, we can have peace knowing that it is not greater than He is. We cannot of our own selves muster it, it is His gift to us as we come to 'know Him'.

Cool, cool words Danielle.

2009/2/28 9:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy