SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God has changed Krispy's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I personally try and bring a [b]lighter[/b] to everywhere I go in life, I can't help it, it's just the way God built me.

I think I hear the piano intro to "Free Bird".... lol!!

Krispy

PS Billy Powell, the piano player for Skynyrd, passed away over the weekend. He claimed to be saved... I hope he truly was. What a gift of talent the Lord gave him.

2009/2/5 8:19
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I personally try and bring a lighter to everywhere I go in life, I can't help it, it's just the way God built me.

That's perfect because I usually bring the can of gasoline. :-)

2009/2/5 8:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
Quote:
I personally try and bring a lighter to everywhere I go in life, I can't help it, it's just the way God built me.

That's perfect because I usually bring the can of gasoline. :-)

Ok now, are yaw roasting Mr. Bill? that was supposed to say "lighter side" hey I liked the old pad and pencil, I am still getting used to this thing on my desk that talks for me, sometimes it don't say exactly what I tell it. :-o

2009/2/5 10:04Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:

Quote:
That's perfect because I usually bring the can of gasoline

And I bring the hearse 8-)

2009/2/5 10:23Profile

Re:

I was gonna say, Bill... I think you're wanted over on the smoking thread!

Krispy

2009/2/5 10:29
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yaw go ahead Mr. Bill can take it trust me, matter fact I love these kind of threads. :-P

2009/2/5 10:40Profile

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

I love you Stevie, neil

maybe someday, we get us a 30X50 tent and a truck with a trailer for the tent, and go where the Lord leads and have tent meetings, followed by outdoor agape meals. Preaching teaching, praying followed by feasting on the fatted calf.

thats my idea of fun in the Lord.

2009/2/5 14:48

Re:

Hey... how about a fatted Elk?? Now thats the Cherokee way! On most days I'll take Elk over steak.

Love ya too Neil...

Krispy

2009/2/5 14:56
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

Quote:
Well... I dont know how to explain it, and I dont know the correct terminology or theological whatever... all I can say is: my heart has been changed.

It happened on Sunday, January 17 around 7:30am. 2 1/2 weeks ago. It wasnt associated with tingles or goosebumps. He simply changed my heart. Regenerated it... whatever. But I am not the same person.

Hi Krispy
I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say I am rejoicing with you. It's a great thing when our hearts catch up with our heads! :-D

2009/2/6 3:54Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Skynyrd

Quote:
PS Billy Powell, the piano player for Skynyrd, passed away over the weekend. He claimed to be saved... I hope he truly was. What a gift of talent the Lord gave him.

Hey Krispy, I did not even hear about this until now. Truly a great talent ... Like yourself was brought up on these guys, my first two albums were "[i]Pronounced[/i]" and "24 Carat Purple" (Deep Purple). Was really into Johnny Van Zant with his own band before he took over, we used to play a couple of his songs.

Dug up a piece with an excerpt from Dale;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rossington's wife, Dale, reached by telephone this afternoon, said her husband was too distraught to come to the phone. "We're just lost," she said, fighting back tears.

She said band members had long been worried about Powell's health. "But he had such a big huge heart of gold, such a huge abiding faith in God and his savior Jesus," she said.

Powell was married to Ellen Vera Powell and had four children.

"For me," said Van Zant, "if anybody reading your article wants to do something, say a prayer for Billy and his family. That would be greatly appreciated."

[url=http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-01-28/story/lynyrd_skynyrd_keyboard_player_bill_powell_dead_at_56]Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboard player Billy Powell dead at 56[/url]

2009/2/6 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy