SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Rap - Cross Movement Records

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Regardless of ones musical preference it cannot be denied that these artists command all men everywhere to repent and trust in Jesus Christ. I commend them for presenting an accurate and detailed view of mans fallen condition, Gods justice, His mercy, and future punishment or glory.

Their lyrics are God edifying and Christo-centric.

2009/2/5 20:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Not gonna really discuss this anymore because there really is no reason to. We'll agree to disagree... and in heaven we'll have all the answers.

This, too, has been my decision before I came on here this morning. Krispy, now at least we did find one thing on this thread we agree with!! :-)

ginnyrose

2009/2/6 11:45Profile

Re:

[b]Simonb[/b]...

I would recommend the Flame's CD's "Our World Fallen", and "Our World Redeemed".

It's kinda of a Part I & II, and dovetail together really well. A wealth of preaching and teaching lie within.

Krispy

2009/2/6 13:33

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Krispy,

You want to know what whether anyone has heard "of these guys". No, I haven't until I clicked on that link you provided.

Krispy, I do not like the racket they make. It does not sit well in my spirit at all. You might as well take your fingernails and scratch the blackboard - it would make just as much sense and be just as musical.

Brother, can you imagine this type of performance before the THRONE as portrayed in Revelation 4? The music of the saints before the great THRONE are God centered, beautiful. This rap group is all about entertainment with religion thrown in to appeal to "Christians" but fail in many parts. It is so self-centered one cannot even hear the message.

Godly music is Christ centered, speaks of Him and his glory. Not only do the lyrics honor God, the sound is pleasing to the ears as well. The story is said of G. F. Handel that an assistant found him at his piano, sheets of music strewn around him, tears streaming down his face. "I do believe I have seen all of Heaven before me, and the great God Himself," he exclaimed. Somehow, this rap racket is a far cry from Handel’s Messiah or any godly music that has been loved by the saints of bygone years..

Krispy, this is not godly music at all. The VRROOMM of a tractor pull has just as much inspiration if not more then this...the mega/souped-up-tractors do not profess to be Christian, just an exhibit of man's ability to make powerful motors. I think I prefer a tractor pull to a concert of rappers.

Seriously, Krispy, why do you not take your guitar and teach your little Kritters songs like "What a Friend we have in Jesus" or "The Old Rugged Cross", "What Can Wash Away My Sin?" or "'Tis Midnight, and on Olive's Brow" or "When I survey the Wondrous Cross", or "How Great Thou Art", "No Disappointment in Heaven", or "Each Step I Take", or "I Know that My Redeemer Liveth" and many others.

Krispy, can you imagine David, the shepherd boy, singing like those rappers? I suggest if he would have acted like that in front of those sheep, they would have scattered. And I am a sheep...

ginnyrose

I totally agree with you ginny, I usually do. Actually I can't think of a time I haven't.
:-o :-)

With God there are no grey areas. Either it is holy or it is not. The problem with grey areas is that you have to give something up somewhere in order to gain something else. We have to ask ourselves do we really want to do that? My answer is no.

In the case of rap music you are exchanging humbleness and meekness for pride and it's the meek that shall inherit the earth not the proud.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Than it goes on to say we are to awake to righteousness. But you have to ask yourself if righteousness has grey areas. We have to be careful what we are promoting and encouraging others to listen to because we are accountable to God and we need to keep that in mind.

Kids, teenagers and adults that listen to this music always seem to have this arrogance about them. They start changing the way they dress and their whole outlook on life in general changes to some degree. As the scripture says a little leaven leavens the whole lump. I guess many would call a little leaven a grey area but the bible calls it sin little or not.

We need to get back to HOLINESS!

2009/2/6 15:21

Re:

Quote:
Kids, teenagers and adults that listen to this music always seem to have this arrogance about them.

Really? [b]Always[/b]?

Thats a pretty judgemental statement, dontcha think? Do you know everyone involved in rap or contemporary music?

I'm not trying to be smart alek... I'm asking an honest question. How can we make a statement like that with such confidence?

My dad taught me a long time ago that we should "never" use the words "always" and "never" when trying to proove a point... because it will "never" be true... and "always" make us a liar.

Krispy

2009/2/6 17:00

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
Kids, teenagers and adults that listen to this music always seem to have this arrogance about them.

Really? [b]Always[/b]?

Thats a pretty judgemental statement, dontcha think? Do you know everyone involved in rap or contemporary music?

I'm not trying to be smart alek... I'm asking an honest question. How can we make a statement like that with such confidence?

My dad taught me a long time ago that we should "never" use the words "always" and "never" when trying to proove a point... because it will "never" be true... and "always" make us a liar.

Krispy

Let me clarify Krispy,:

Every person [b]that I have ever met[/b] that listens to this music always seems to have this pride and arrogance about them. Enough said here...

2009/2/6 17:39

Re:

Thank you for the clarification, Rebecca. That was worded better, and I now understand you better. (love ya, sis!) :-)

Just want to mention to all that we need to be careful when making judgement on things like this. If it truly is of God, then you may find yourself condemning something that God is doing... which can fall under the definition of blasphemy.

Mind you, I am in [b]no[/b] way saying "touch not the Lord's annointed". Not at all.

But we are to judge by the fruit, and I looked pretty deeply into what these rappers with CMR are doing (since my kids showed an interest in them... like all godly parents should do!) and I was impressed with the fruit.

All I'm saying is "be careful".

I see spiritual fruit. Most of the negative posts have been about how they look, or the fact that their music seems like noise to some here. The negative responses have had nothing to do with the fruit of the ministry, good or bad.

This ought not to be, y'all.

Imagine... me defending rap music. God surely has a sense of humor! lol

Krispy

2009/2/7 13:51

Re:

I love you too brother.:-) I have to say though that I disagree with Paul Washer promoting rap. I just listened to his sermon about this music.

1.Does God use anything? Yes, he does.

2. Should we pattern what we do after anything? No, we shouldn't.

To say that rap music can be good to me is dangerous. Can it be good? Sure. But for one thing your dealing with young immature youth who can easily go astray and be misled. Wouldn't it be better to uphold the word of God and if they get into this christian rap don't condemn them but just encourage them where they are at and preach the word only?

[b]Why promote rap? Why not just preach the word?[/b]

This is the job of the preacher to preach the word.

It's one thing to listen to a preacher, music, man or woman but it's another thing to pattern what we do with those things or those people.

It's never safe to pattern anything that you do after anything but the word of God. This is how we fall into error.

A preacher is to always uphold the word of God not rap, rock, make-up, hairstyles, clothing or anything else. The standard is the word and what you live by ALWAYS!

Not only that but at the same time you are also teaching kids that we can sometimes make judgements about certain things aside from the word of God and this too is dangerous.

I let my kids listen to this music and they often do but if they ask my opinion I tell them what the bible says without condemnation and it's up to them to decide.

[b]I even put it on in the car and they listen to it at home but Jesus is my banner not rap music.[/b]

2009/2/7 16:46

Rebecca.

I get it. You don't like "rap music".

Guess what? Neither do I, but who cares.

Millions of African-American youth communicate in such a manner, they make art in such a manner, much of it patently offensive, but Glory be to God, when such a form of art, a form of communication can be turned into something that will communicate the HOLY Truth of the Gospel...

and who are, daughter of man, to proclaim the yearnings of a heart, that might not jibe with your cultural presuppositions of what is holy, or what brings joy to God's heart?

I was just reading thru Luke 19, when that tiny lil tax collector Zacchaeus had to climb a tree just to get a glimpse of Jesus, Jesus tells him to come on down, "for I must stay at your house today".

let me quote the rest:

"So he hurried and came down and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all grumbled, "He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner."

Luke 19: 6-7

Its both amazing and disheartening to me how in almost 2,000 years nothing has changed. God works in His way, and yet there are no shortage of religionist "grumblers". Don't fall into that trap Rebecca, let God be God. When the time comes, He will seperate the sheep from the goats, pray you are counted among the former. Thats what I pray for myself.

neil

2009/2/7 18:45
rbanks

rap

Krispy,

I was so blessed reading your testimony on your other thread. It really touches me deeply and I love you brother and fellow North Carolinian. I myself have almost quit posting and this is my first post in several days. When I read your other thread I rejoiced and wanted to post but couldn’t until now. I praise God for what he is doing in your life. I really don’t want to do anything unless am led by the Spirit.

I must say that I have no desire to be divisive and do want to be careful in my words, being concerned in how I am received. I do believe I see the heart in what sonofman is saying in all his posts. I have to say that I agree with him and where I could be wrong then the Lord is able to show me and I very much am ready to listen. The Lord has given me scripture to share with all who will listen.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The emphasis is on the "little" (mikra, note position). Lump (phurama from phuraô, to mix, late word, in the papyri mixing a medical prescription) is a substance mixed with water and kneaded like dough. Compare the pervasive power of germs of disease in the body as they spread through the body.

Mr 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

The leaven of Herod; that is, of the Herodians, his partisans. Though the Pharisees and Herodians disagreed in their political opinions, they agreed in being actuated by corrupt worldly principles and a hypocritical spirit, which are here called their leaven.

Brethren, what I am trying to say are that the problem is not with the truth but what is mixed in with the truth. I hear some of you saying that you don’t even like rap and believe it is of the world but now because of the truth that is in it you now are beginning to like it. I believe we must be strong for the purity of the gospel. God is holy and has told us to separate ourselves from all uncleanness. He has told us to abstain from all appearance of evil. Please give me liberty to say this to you Krispy concerning your precious children who are under your watchful love and care before God in whom has entrusted you with them. They are precious and vulnerable needing to be led in the way of the Lord. They don’t never have to go down the path of sin that we did and they don’t even have to ever get caught up into rap music or any other kind of ungodly music but if you bring that sound to them and it appeals to their flesh and their flesh begins to enjoy it then they could very easily get caught up in it, all because in their innocence they were subjected to it.

The devil knows that he can’t get a lot of the Christians to come out and go to the worldly ways so he brings a little taste of the world into their homes and into their lives in a clever way. Let’s just say you have two children that you love dearly and one of them is saved and the other one is lost tasting the bitter fruits of sin. Would you try and save one of them at the expense of destroying the other one. This is how I see all the worldly entertainment that is being brought into the church to try and win those who are worldly. What happens is that we are making everybody worldly and the glory of God has departed. We are supposed to progress in sanctification and be full of the Holy Spirit. We are not to love the world neither the things in the world or the Love of the Father will not be in us. I could say so much more if time would permit but I have come too far by his grace to go back into this world. I don’t care how much good is in it if it is not completely pure without any mixture of anything that has been used by the devil and is still being used by the devil; I want no part of it. As someone has recently said that others may but I can not. Jesus said the prince of this world cometh and has nothing in me and brethren this means Satan had no access to Jesus. I don’t plan on giving any place to the devil. I had rather die tonight and go be with Jesus than to live another day with the devil being pleased with how our worship God.

If you can, then I’m not judging you, but I can’t. God has so filled me with the Holy Ghost that the only one who entertains my heart is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords in the purity of the Holy Spirit. Praise his holy name!!!

Blessings to all!

2009/2/7 19:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy