SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : REVIVAL: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 REVIVAL: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

Sialkot Prayer Initiative
The vision of this initiative is simply to get individuals to adopt a consistent prayer life particularly around praying for revival, and for these individuals to step out in faith to form prayer groups in churches.

You can access more information about the "Sialkot Prayer Intiative" on the top right of the Homepage of SermonIndex. Your feeback on this post is encouraged, please NOTE that this is just the rough version and there will probably been grammatical and spelling errors. It is hoped over the next week after I get feedback from everyone I will get together an PDF booklet with all the information about this prayer initiative.

NOTE: this intiative is on hold at the current time.

2004/7/26 21:39Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: REVIVAL: Sialkot Prayer Initiative

An initiative defining goals and means to the attaining of the set goals which draws absolute support from Intercessors Network.
Every blessing as you move along these paths,
Lars Widerberg

2004/7/27 2:52Profile

We are spending much time in prayer along these lines.
We will join you in committed prayer.
Hanna

2004/7/27 9:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We are spending much time in prayer along these lines.
We will join you in committed prayer.

Praise God, I will be compiling a 10-20page booklet that will be downloadable in the pdf format with all the information necessary and also many inspirational quotes and excerpts on prayer. And I will be adding the mailing list quite soon and I encourage everyone who wants to commit to this Initiative to join that list.

2004/7/27 12:54Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Brother Greg!!

Thank you for leading the way with a unified prayer initiative!! It's what my heart has been trying to formulate but couldn't. You've brought together the essence of revival praying, then given it the precise organizing touch that was needed. God has gifted you, no question.

Now we have something concrete to work from, that is tied into the awesome international community of Sermon Index. May God keep using you and your endeavors.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Fred

2004/7/27 16:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thank you for leading the way with a unified prayer initiative!! It's what my heart has been trying to formulate but couldn't. You've brought together the essence of revival praying, then given it the precise organizing touch that was needed. God has gifted you, no question.

Amen Mrs Fred! I will be working on a good solid booklet for people to download to use. It's more of an equipping rather than running it all from SermonIndex. Therefore people like yourself can start 'Sialkot Prayer Groups' and even 'Coferences' in which to pray for genuine revival. I am open to suggest and helps but maybe it would be more fruitful to finish compiling the information so you and others can puruse it and give your feedback. I am very excited about this and I know it will birth the spirit of prayer in many hearts. I also don't lay claim to the idea of an 'Sialkot Convention' or prayer groups.. there are other ministries that are doing and have done this. I am hoping to get it well enough organized and complied that they would even think of using the resources I have gathered for their initiatives.

2004/7/27 16:30Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Victory won in the closet

”Praying Hyde, as he was called, with a group of friends, spent days and nights in prayer for an awakening throughout India. Their prayers were answered in a series of outpourings of the Spirit in the north-west of India, beginning in 1904 in Sialkot.” The victory of the Sialkot meetings was not won in the pulpit but in the closet. Often the glory rested on these meetings in a mighty way, while hidden, out of sight, John Hyde and a faithful few travailed in prayer.

2004/7/28 4:52Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Victory won in the closet

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you pronounce 'Sialkot'?

2004/7/30 6:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you pronounce 'Sialkot'?

Brother I am at straights with this also.. I have a hard time with pronounciation and I have possibly a few ways this word could be said. I am telling people about the prayer initiative and it would be nice to be certain of the proper pronounciation of this word.

(sialkot) perhaps...

ceel-kot
sial-kot

tell you the true I have no idea and I am prouncing the letters as they are. I would love for anyother ideas :-(

2004/7/31 14:46Profile

John Hyde was one of a company of men who were used of God to usher in Apostolic power at the turn of the century. While Evan Roberts was praying down glory in Wales, John Hyde, Jonathan Goforth and Frank Bartleman were praying for an outpouring of God’s Spirit that would literally touch every corner of the world. “John Hyde saw the nineteenth century as good, but not up to the level of the apostolic age, but believed that the twentieth century was destined to be one in which the full life of apostolic Christianity would be restored to the Church. His prayer was for a Church holy in life, triumphant in faith, self-sacrificing in service, with one aim, to preach Christ crucified to the uttermost parts of the earth.”

2004/8/3 16:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy