SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
This preacher will not lead you astray. If only we would follow Christ as Kenaston has.

In Christ
Jeff

amen, i am halfway through this series and what riches! so much here, to much to miss. praise God for brother denny and his burden

this is a gift to the church of Christ

2009/1/6 9:46Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:

Abe_Juliot wrote:
I would caution the listener to be aware of some of the errors of the Anabaptist. It is very dangerous to make the doctrine of justification and sanctification the same thing.

Brother, since Greg has posted this article and apparently many people appreciate and understand Anabaptism, why do you feel the need to inject your negativism and error here?

Anabaptists do not confuse justification with sanctification. Anyone who thinks they do is an opponent without cause who has not taken the time to understand.

I would ask you not to commit this error. There are plenty of threads on Calvinism already on this site dominated by the perspective you are trying to inject here. I believe you are off the original thread topic.

2009/1/6 15:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Anabaptists do not confuse justification with sanctification. Anyone who thinks they do is an opponent without cause who has not taken the time to understand.

I would ask you not to commit this error. There are plenty of threads on Calvinism already on this site dominated by the perspective you are trying to inject here. I believe you are off the original thread topic.

I agree that there is no place for argument about calvanism in this thread. I am writing some notes to brothers on these forums to not act in the forums with a agenda to promote a "ism" but rather to love other brothers and edify each other. If people cannot do that, they will be asked to leave the SI forums and participate on other boards were argumentation and debating on scripture and theology are normal. We are not against any talking about theology but there is a very sensible godly fashion things can take place. And many are abusing this "liberty" and excessively quoting and pasting their arguments all over the discussion forums. This will not be tolerated.

2009/1/7 0:54Profile
toknowHim

Re: MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

This is a wonderful series, thank you for making them available.

2009/1/7 5:07Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Just bringing this series to the forefront......

In Christ
Jeff

2009/1/14 20:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I would like to hear what brothers and sisters are specifically getting out of this series and some things in it that are blessing them.

2009/1/15 16:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
I would like to hear what brothers and sisters are specifically getting out of this series and some things in it that are blessing them.

Gelassenheit.....

this one was very edifying and challenging to me for "absolute surrender" in all areas of my life.

2009/1/15 17:13Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I just finished listening to part 4, The Foundation Stones of Anabaptism. This was outstanding, from the simple yet often overlooked truth that Jesus doesn't just give us salvation but that He [b]is[/b] salvation, to the convicting and challenging finish on the evangelistic call of the church, this sermon demands some listening, prayer & meditation, and action.

Thanks for posting these, looking forward to the rest in the series.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/1/15 19:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I just finished listening to part 4, The Foundation Stones of Anabaptism. This was outstanding, from the simple yet often overlooked truth that Jesus doesn't just give us salvation but that He is salvation,

Amen.

2009/1/16 0:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: MUST HEAR: Early Anabaptism Audio Series

I listened to part 2: Theology vs Anabaptist Reality".

A few points:

For the reformers church was a place where you went to to learn how to believe right. The Anabaptist were a people who went to church to learn how to live right.

They believed salvation produces works, life, vibrant and clear.

This segment should be a required listen-to to all who would post here on SI! :-)

ginnyrose

2009/1/18 16:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy