SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : women/girls wearing makeup

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I wanted to share with you if I may some thoughts by other sisters concerning this topic of make up. I know many others have given you their thoughts here on Sermon index both for and against the wearing of make up. If I may, I think the best place to start in this situation is for you to go to your mother and father. Ask them for their thoughts on this matter. Your father is your covering as you are still only 16, so hearing his thoughts would be beneficial for you. Also if you have some older sisters in Christ near you who you know are walking with the Lord ask them to pray with you on this matter and take it before the Lord. In most of these kinds of things(makeup, clothes, and so forth) there is a heart issue involved. Pray and seek Him concerning your heart in this matter. Ask Him to reveal to you what the motivation of your heart is in this. To make a SPIRITUAL decision, we need a SPIRITUAL understanding and foundation beneath our feet. Get in your Word and spend time seeking His heart on this issue. Sometimes I find that the surface reasons I do things are often not the real force that drives the desire of my heart. Honestly we need to as women in Christ walk in such a way that we are not trying to draw attention to ourselves for vanity reasons, but that does not mean that we have to wear a bag over our head either. Father created beauty in the world around us, a rose in full bloom, a babies laugh, the sun setting on a warm summers evening....these things are all beautiful and given to us by Him. Beauty is NOT the enemy. Vanity and worldly patterns of thinking are the enemy. A splash of color to contrast or highlight something I am wearing is not a problem. God created colors, hues, contrasts, etc… The danger comes when I am getting some kind of pleasure to my flesh or feeding vanity in some way. A hairstyle, simple pair of earrings, or touch of some make-up is not the enemy. Again, the danger comes with our motives and finding any kind of identity in those things. As always it does go back to why you are doing what you are doing. If birthed in flesh it will produce fleshly babies. UCK! If birthed in the walking in the life, freedom, and spirit of Jesus it will birth good fruit in the spirit.
Think about how this exact same scenario can produce much different fruit. Put the exact same clothing, earrings, makeup up, and hairstyle on two women. Depending on their hearts and motives they can emanate two completely different things. One brings a smile to your spirit and soul as you look on her freshness. The other brings an uncomfortable feeling to your spirit. It wasn’t the externals that were the enemy, but what the spirit within was emanating. Make sense? We can appreciate and find pleasure in the beauty that God has given individuals (it is there). He has placed it within us to appreciate and enjoy it. However we must be aware of the dangers that come with that and avoid those pitfalls.

These are just a few of the thoughts shared among other sisters in Christ on this matter, who like you desire to know His heart for them. In the end what matters most is that you search your heart before Father and seek to do His will. Daily walk this out with Him and He will give you direction in this and all things.
God Bless you
MJ

2009/1/2 14:59Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

White_Stone wrote:

Quote:
It is safer to err on God's side than on the World's side, in my opinion. Especially when advising a young girl about something that is such a slipery slope.

The lack of humility with this comment, about THIS topic is astounding.

Your opinion is of no matter here. The Lord's will is all that matters. To place a yolk on this young sister based on your opinion, then speaking as if it was the Lord's very own, puts YOU on a slippery slope.

rbetty, seek your parents guidance, and seek the Lord's guidance. Rest assured that if you are a child of God, He is not an absenty Father, and He will not lead you astray.

[u][b]Matthew 11:30 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I pray that He leads you in the direction that He wants you to move. Listen to your parents and listen to the Lord. The rest of this sound, including myself, is only clutter.

2009/1/2 16:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Here is something to think about:

You are holding in your hand an apple. It is a beautiful apple, bright and shiney, and you are just about to bite into it because you are very hungry. What you do not realize is that the apple is full of poison - but from all outward appearances it looks fine.

What would the Lord have to do to convince you not to bite into that apple?

2009/1/2 17:13Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings HeartSong

Not sure that your analogy of the apple works here. See an apple does not have a heart. The young sister who asked this question about make up does. Father looks at the heart in these matters. Honestly even if she chose not to wear make up just because some one told her not to and she went along only to please that person she would still be in sin against God because she was not seeking to please the Lord but men.
Just because someone wears make up does not make them sinful. Many women who have professed to love the Lord, wear no make up and seem very holy on the outside are filled with much sin in their heart that they refuse to look at or examine daily.( going back to the point that beauty itself is not sinful, its the heart of the person that Father looks at.) This young sister needs time to spend with Father and seek His heart for her in this matter.

God Bless
MJ

2009/1/2 17:43Profile
JEFFREYB

Re:

Quote:
Hi RBetty, You have received three pages of advice, and I’m wondering if you are feeling overwhelmed by now. Wouldn’t it be nice to receive a simply “yes” or “no” answer without all the extra discussion.

I have read the advice, shared by many as well as the opinions and answers. It's a bit misleading or mishap when conveying your thoughts after being on a forum and speaking to a host of people not to mistakenly use there same dialogue. It gives the interpretations of who you are really speaking too.

There are many who where make-up and look outstanding as you may find those who do not and still look outstanding. It's who you are inside and how you see yourself that matters.

Your inner beauty will always reflect in the outside. If your feeling confident, if you have faith in yourself your goals and expectations will shine like someone wearing mascara or whatever they choose to put on there eyes or eyelashes.

2009/1/2 18:01Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hi MJ,

Quote:
This young sister needs time to spend with Father and seek His heart for her in this matter.

Yes, here, and here alone, is where she will find the right answer.

The problem is, we creatures are always trying to apply our logic to everything (not you in particular - and I am also at fault). There may be reasons that we know nothing of, as to why the Lord may not want her to wear makeup. Many here are saying that just a little bit should be fine - but that is not necessarily true. It could be that there is something in her system that is going to be poisoned by it. It could be that there is something in her nature whereby a little bit could take her deep into sin.

It is in the vain things of this world that we are tricked by Satan into doing things that harm us.

Jesus Christ saves us from hell.
Jesus Christ saves us from sin.
Jesus Christ saves us from the things of this world
- from things that will kill us
- from things that will lead us into sin.

If we will but only listen - to Him - and Him alone.

2009/1/2 18:22Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re: women/girls wearing makeup

Hi there, I usually do not post on this website except to ask a random question every now and then! I went through the same question about makeup with the Lord - rbetty and He did really answer. I will pray for you.
Praise God that you are 16 and seeking Him about this.
In Jesus' Love,

2009/1/2 19:46Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Heartsong...

Quote:
You are holding in your hand an apple. It is a beautiful apple, bright and shiney, and you are just about to bite into it because you are very hungry. What you do not realize is that the apple is full of poison - but from all outward appearances it looks fine.

What would the Lord have to do to convince you not to bite into that apple?

So...are you that sure that this is poison that would kill someone? This is the problem with your analogy. Your analogy speaks with absolutes...assuming that a girl that truly loves God and who might feel the liberty to wear makeup might be in danger for her (eternal) life.

We need to be careful less we find ourselves placing words into God's mouth. Even if they are well-meaning or something that we are pretty convinced of, we need to have a disclaimer when we speak of such things that are not ENTIRELY clear from the Word of God.

:-(

2009/1/2 20:35Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
So...are you that sure that this is poison that would kill someone?

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" - Genesis 3:4

2009/1/2 21:08Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Heartsong...

Quote:
"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die" - Genesis 3:4

Correct me if I am wrong...but you seem to be thinking that ANY makeup is a "poison" apple that would kill the soul...and my post was somehow Satanic?

I hope that you wouldn't insinuate something as ridiculous as this.

:-(

2009/1/2 21:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy