Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What y'all do for Christmas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: What y'all do for Christmas

I am the only believer in my family. Our Christmas gathering has never been what I would like it to be. But this year…..

My sister and her family went to the Christmas Eve service at my church with me (first time ever)

My Mom asked me if I would say grace before our Christmas meal (first time ever)

Before I prayed, I read the Christmas story from Luke 2:1-14 (almost lost it on verse 11)

This is the most attention Jesus has ever gotten at my family’s Christmas. This will be my post in next year’s favorite Christmas memory thread.

2008/12/26 0:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

BrokenOne wrote:
I am the only believer in my family. Our Christmas gathering has never been what I would like it to be. But this year…..

My sister and her family went to the Christmas Eve service at my church with me (first time ever)

My Mom asked me if I would say grace before our Christmas meal (first time ever)

Before I prayed, I read the Christmas story from Luke 2:1-14 (almost lost it on verse 11)

This is the most attention Jesus has ever gotten at my family’s Christmas. This will be my post in next year’s favorite Christmas memory thread.

that's a great testimony...praise the Lord.

I love that in Luke 2...especially when Simeon says.."for my eyes have seen your salvation..."

:-)

2008/12/26 16:54
Compton

Re:

Quote:
...no snow for us

My family and I came down to the oceanside in Calabash NC this year, to take a break from the cold weather in Ohio. Early this morning, I was able to step outside in my sweats and t-shirt to run for a half hour alongside the surf and enjoy the rising sun.

That is my idea of a great Christmas, not to mention, a happy new year. :-)

Blessings,

MC

2008/12/26 18:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy