SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What's Needed to Sniff Out The Things of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

What's Needed to Sniff Out The Things of God

Dream Word – SMELL

Song of Solomon 7:6-9
How fair and how pleasant you are, O love, with your delights! This stature of yours is like a palm tree, And your breasts like its clusters. I said, "I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of its branches." Let now your breasts be like clusters of the vine, The fragrance of your breath like apples, And the roof of your mouth like the best wine. NKJV

What's Needed to Sniff Out The Things of God.

In the South of France, it is the city of Grasse that claims to be the perfume capital of the world. It is the industrial professionals of this ancient industry that at the time of my writing tonight, claims that although there may be 1,000 professional Perfumers in the world, there are only 50 Noses and each of them have originated or be trained in the city of Grasse!

A ‘Nose’ is a unique technical artiste, an inventor of perfumes with the ability to recognise up to 3,000 different smells. Working for months at a time, their task and calling is the ability to mix such an harmony of fragrances that the tone of their invention will set all other noses to dancing!

Of course perfume has been used for thousands of years in commemoration, medication, sanitation, seduction and sacrifice. Useful stuff! Knowledge of perfumery came to Europe from the East early on the 14th Century, but it was Queen Elizabeth of Hungary who ordered the making of the modern perfume of today, made from scented oils blended in an alcohol solution. Indeed, this first European perfume became so popular that is was known throughout the Western World as ‘Hungarian Water.’

I would like to suggest tonight, that the church has much more than 50 Noses! Indeed, I wonder just how many folk have the capacity of leadership to orchestrate such a harmony of fragrances, fragrances of commemoration, healing, health, spiritual seduction and sacrifice, that when steeped in the preservative and powerful alcohol of the Holy Spirit, they will set the church to dancing! I suspect there are many and should such a ballad of fragrant forcefulness be let loose in the church and subsequently upon the world, that the top note of ‘Wowness’ would turn their necks in wonder, the middle note of ‘Wooing’ would win their hearts to Christ and the base note of warmth and tenacity, would both bind them in the loving arms of the Father and keep them firmly and happily in His strong eternal grip.

I reckon we need to picking a few noses this Chrstmas time and then implorng them them to to make us some Hungry Water to be sprinkled on a tired old church and a stinky old world! The big question then is 'do we the church have any noses to left to pick, any noses left to do us such a fragrant service, to help us both smell the love, and smell the hidden danger? In the olden days, we used to call them prophets and I tell you, it's been a long long time since we've seen any sitting on our grass.

Listen: - The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away! Song of Solomon 2:13 NKJV

Pray:- Lord, lead us to the Noses and help us to honour them and release them, for Lord, how can Your church begin to smell without a proper nose? So send us some today, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

2008/12/20 2:05
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: What's Needed to Sniff Out The Things of God

Ridicule, irreverence, perversion and racism are of the earthy man and Christians can not spew this retch.

Eddie

2008/12/20 7:24Profile

Re:

eh? Eddie, did you forget to take your medication again?

2008/12/20 14:57
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

whispering wrote:
eh? Eddie, did you forget to take your medication again?

No matter if your devotional thought was right or wrong so to say, do you see the christlikness in your response?

even if Eddies reply was wrong or right, evil or good, was your reply filled with Christ, or was it just you who got offended?

speaking from own sins and stupid posting and replying, please consider prayerfully what Jesus would have done in your situation.

Grace and peace to you

Christian

2008/12/20 15:06Profile

Re:

no I wasn't offended. I was very confused and very concerned for Eddie? Weird.

Blessings

2008/12/20 15:11
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well knowing these post can sometimes "dimm" what we trying to say and what with attitude we say it, your post does imply you think the poster is on "medication", and the word [i]again[/i] seem also very unnecessary.

anyway,

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

[i] I was taught the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, in such an extraordinary way as manifested I was not out of my childish state”), I thought, or reasoned, elogizomēn, as a child; but, when I became a man, I put away childish things. Such is the difference between earth and heaven. What narrow views, what confused and indistinct notions of things, have children, in comparison of grown men! And how naturally do men, when reason is ripened and matured, despise and relinquish their infant thoughts, put them away, reject them, esteem as nothing! Thus shall we think of our most valued gifts and acquisitions in this world, when we come to heaven. We shall despise our childish folly, in priding ourselves in such things when we are grown up to men in Christ[/i] MH

Also a fearful verse that i think 95%& of christians dont believe is

Jas 1:26 [i]If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.[/i]

Imagine that.... all prayers all study all knowledge all meetings all preaching worth one big fat zero.

2008/12/20 15:26Profile

Re:

Oh lighten up a little will you! Your girdles too tight bro.

2008/12/20 15:54

Re:

There are far too many 'holier than thou' thought Police around this place. Scares me to death!

2008/12/20 15:57

Re: also

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure Jesus said unless we become like little children we cannot see the Kingdom of God. Touche!

2008/12/20 15:59

Re: As to medication

"Ridicule, irreverence, perversion and racism are of the earthy man and Christians can not spew this retch"

If that's the honest response to the post - then maybe brother Eddie needs some medication!

2008/12/20 16:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy