SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : President Bush interview/God and Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

President Bush interview/God and Bible

Someone at work mentioned this interview this week...

Listen to his testimony of what he believes.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Politics/story?id=6417361&page=1

In Christ
Jeff

2008/12/13 19:35Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: President Bush interview/God and Bible

edited out

2008/12/13 19:44Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Pres. Bush has definitely backslid since his first few years in office. Early on, he caught a ton of heat b/c he was so adamant in his faith and Jesus being the only way. He said it explicitly at a dinner with a bunch Jewish leaders! There were many examples like this early on, but something has obviously changed in him.

2008/12/13 20:15Profile
LarryD

Riggins, Idaho USA

Re:

Wow, just watched it,,, Many scriptures come to mind,, Maybe he needs to watch the sermon from Paul Washer on the 10 Indictments..

2008/12/13 20:54Profile
bible23

Re:

maybe he never was a true believer, a false professor, unregenerated. You talk of backslidden, i think the problem is that many really never knew Jesus.

2008/12/13 21:47Profile
JoanM

Re: I am the pitiful one.

[b]White_Stone asks: What do any of you other folks have to say?[/b]

It made me weep. What I have to say about the interview is that I am very convicted over how little I prayed for him and how often my prayers were asking amiss. How about you? How many hours did you pray, in eight years, for his drawing to/growth in Christ verses wisdom in decision making. Given how little those who call themselves Christian pray period and how selfish prayer often is, I doubt many prayed, over eight years, more than five minutes once a year (National Day of Prayer). I do not recall ever praying for him to preserve a daily quite time with God, a deepening study of Scripture or to meet God in His Word. I think I may need to ask President Bush to forgive me. That’s what I have to say. May I not forget this lesson.

Maybe someone could link here the video message I saw last month by Keith Daniel regarding the rare opportunity we had (and soon loose) to pray for the only World leader who spoke out about Christ at all.

2008/12/13 22:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
We watched that - pitiful. He blew the finest opportunity for testimony he will ever have. I pray he seeks forgiveness. Of course, that won't erase the damage done but His will be done. For whatever reason it happened, it happened. He denies the Bible is infallible. Fumbled Jesus being the ONLY way to the Father. It was painful to watch. I always felt he was in over his head in the office and things were out of his control. Of course, everything is in God's control, that is my only comfort.

What do any of you other folks have to say?

white stone

Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

2008/12/13 22:54Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Maybe someone could link here the video message I saw last month by Keith Daniel regarding the rare opportunity we had (and soon loose) to pray for the only World leader who spoke out about Christ at all.

I remember this.

Quote:
...how little I prayed for him...May I not forget this lesson.

I feel the same way. Regardless of the character, beliefs, and politics of our next President, I am committed, by God's grace, to pray for him; God is higher still.

"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."

MC

2008/12/13 23:27Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

by rbanks on 2008/12/13 19:54:27

Mt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

You are right, I spoke our of line. Please forgive me. I will continue to pray for President Bush.

Pray for me, too, please.

white stone

2008/12/14 1:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
by rbanks on 2008/12/13 19:54:27

You are right, I spoke our of line. Please forgive me. I will continue to pray for President Bush.

Pray for me, too, please.

white stone

It is also written, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24). The Lord commanded, "[b]Judge[/b] with righteous judgment"!

It is also written, "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars" (Rev 2:2).

Yes, we are commanded in the Scriptures "to put away from ourselves the evil person." But how can we put him away if we do not first judge him as evil? If we don't recognize his bad fruit? How can we "test" without judging? It is written, "Do you not [b]judge[/b] those who are [i]inside[/i]? But those who are outside God judges."

Eze 23:36 The Lord also said to me: "Son of man, will you [b]judge[/b] Oholah and Oholibah? Then declare to them their abominations.

If President Bush didn't claim to be a Christian, we cannot judge him, but if he professes to be a born-again believer, we are commanded to test/judge/determine whether he truly is one.

Ecc 3:16 Moreover I saw under the sun: In the place of [b]judgment[/b], Wickedness was there; And in the place of righteousness, Iniquity was there.

2008/12/14 4:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy