SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Lord, make our hearts a Bethlehem.

Amen.

2008/12/8 21:17Profile

Re:

Bro Paul, thanx for sharing that! Wonderful!

Whitestone... don't sigh, laugh! I was being humorous. Have a little Christmas cheer, my friend.

(How about the Carolina Panthers on Monday Night Football last night??)

Krispy

2008/12/9 8:31
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Whitestone... don't sigh, laugh! I was being humorous. Have a little Christmas cheer, my friend.
Krispy

I guess we might need set up a special page to categorize folks here for the new folks, because Whitestone jumped me one day also because she or he did not understand me or know me well enough to understand my post, and thought I was out of line. I know you and I probably stick out as the two most humorous guys here, that are not timid Christians and say what's on there minds, but we do try our best to use our unique God given humor in a Godly way, and never have use it to intentionally hurt anyone.

We just have to remember there are just some folks out there that truly believe humor and God don't mix, I know I see them every Sunday at Church. It's funny I have about 20 people that surround me right before the service on Sunday, that walk away smiling and lifted up when they go to there seats, go figure.

2008/12/9 10:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Do you hang wreaths on the door?

No, because I am to tight to invest the money! :-?

Quote:
Do you have a red nosed raindeer on the roof?

No. Not on my roof or anywhere in the house! Have had a few in the freezer in the past, like Krispy does.

Quote:
Do you strictly sing the old Christmas hymns, or do you hum along with 'White Christmas?'

Most of the time. No Santa Claus songs. I refuse to buy Christmas music with SC songs. I also listen to "Handle's Messiah" - the entire thing - many times until I tire of it. We go Christmas Caroling in our town and love it as do the recipients.

Quote:
I am very curious to know if you put gifts under the tree in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve?

No Christmas tree. I was taught when a child this is worldly and have never put one up. I think they are pretty, but cannot get myself to buy one - I do wonder whether the HS will allow me to. Besides, they are expensive. There are other things I would rather buy with my money that is more uselful. In the meantime, I will enjoy the ones at Lowes, et al. Oh, I do string up a lighted garland on my open stairway and fireplace. But no stockings - nothing to make people think of Santa Claus.

I do set up several nativity scenes. I love them as do our grandchildren. I always loved this scene. When I was a small child I would draw pictures of how I perceived this event. They were primitive, to be sure, but this was something special and I never outgrew this appreciation of this event.

ginnyrose

2008/12/9 11:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
We just have to remember there are just some folks out there that truly believe humor and God don't mix, I know I see them every Sunday at Church. It's funny I have about 20 people that surround me right before the service on Sunday, that walk away smiling and lifted up when they go to there seats, go figure.

There was a thread about Christians and humor not long ago. Probably well buried by now.

Fact is, all of us have a sense of humor to some extent or another. We were created in His image, so I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has a sense of humor.

For instance, it [i]seems[/i] like anytime Al Gore goes somewhere to give a lecture about his groovy theory about Global Warming... even if it's in San Antonio, TX in July... it snows! You gotta love that about God. I can just see Him trying to suppress a laugh as He sends a few snow flakes Gore's way.

Krispy

2008/12/9 11:18
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

One thing I love about Christmas is the music. Working at Wal Mart, the music on the speaker system is horrible, except around Christmas time. When can you walk into a secular and very worldly place and hear Oh Holy Night. It's the one time of the year that my ears can relax at work :-D.

2008/12/9 11:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
One thing I love about Christmas is the music. Working at Wal Mart, the music on the speaker system is horrible, [b]except around Christmas time[/b].

At Walmart doesn't Christmas time start on July 5th? ...lol

Krispy

2008/12/9 12:36
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

hulsey wrote:
One thing I love about Christmas is the music. Working at Wal Mart, the music on the speaker system is horrible, except around Christmas time. When can you walk into a secular and very worldly place and hear Oh Holy Night. It's the one time of the year that my ears can relax at work :-D.

It's amazing that Wal-Mart allows Christmas music. The messages in some of the carols are so powerful. Just think of the words to songs like, "O Holy Night" and "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", they have stuff that wouldn't be allowed other times of the year.

2008/12/9 16:02Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

My daughter played violin in a Christmas recital at a local Jr. High School last night. My children are home-schooled but are able to participate in certain school activities such as orchestra or sports. Anyway, a choir of young boys and girls performed also and in one of the numbers they were singing "Hallelujah" over and over again. Although many of them may not even know what that word means I rejoiced in this simple song as God was praised. Only at Christmas!

In Christ,

Ron

2008/12/9 20:00Profile

Re:

Tell ya whats a blessing... my youngest, who is 3, has learned this song called "Christmas Is Coming"... and he is so dog gone cute singing it...

"Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat.
Please do put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny then a hey-penny will do.
If you haven't got a hey-penny then God bless you!"

You gotta hear him sing it. It warms the heart and makes me laugh a bit.

Krispy

2008/12/10 7:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy