SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
I contemplated this myself, and as I thought about it, realized that it is true.

Personally I feel so very blessed to have been pulled from the sea of iniquity, that there is no way that I want to find myself back in it. And as I peer into the river that is rushing by, I hesitate to even stick my big toe in for fear that I will be pulled back in.

I assume that a "mature" Christian has learned to be in the river without getting sucked back in.



Amen and Amen!

That river of sin is strong and mighty with many an undercurrent, and has captured more than its share of those who venture near it. The fear of it is more to be desired than any maturity which allows one to venture near it.

Old Joe

 2008/12/7 22:51
White_Stone
Member



Joined: 2008/10/25
Posts: 1196
North Central Florida

 Re:

Perhaps those of you who are supporting Christmas would like to say how far they go in the celebration of it. Do you hang wreaths on the door? Do you have a red nosed raindeer on the roof? How about Santa (satan clause) do your children watch for him to come? Do you strictly sing the old Christmas hymns, or do you hum along with 'White Christmas?' I am very curious to know if you put gifts under the tree in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve? Just how far do you allow yourselves to go?

That was a very good read about Christmas that Old Joe posted. The writer seemed a sincerely Godly man not at all a Grinch - that seemed an unkind snipe, I hope it was not intended in that manner.

Regards,
white stone


_________________
Janice

 2008/12/7 23:03Profile
HeartSong
Member



Joined: 2006/9/13
Posts: 3156


 Re:

Koheleth wrote:

Quote:
You did not indicate which post or thought you were referring to.


I'm sorry, I was referring to your previous post.


Quote:
What are you calling the river? Based on your post, it is what is filling up the sea of iniquity.


Yes, the rivers run down to the sea. The rain comes down and cleanses the land and the waters flow down to the sea, carrying with it all of the pollutants . . .

 2008/12/7 23:13Profile









 Re: Dec. 25


I recommend "Two Babylons", by Alexander Hislop. This is a scholarly work, meticulously written, that traces the organized worship of Satan, and his host of comrade angels..[demons]...from Babel, to Rome, and their melding into the Roman Catholic Church veiled as "Christian" holidays.


Each of the holidays occur exactly on the days that they were worshipped by Pagans, and predates Rome, and the Catholic church by millenia. Christmas symbols used today are exact or nearly the same as then...the yule log, the "green tree" and others that point to the worship of Nimrod and and his wife, who he "reincarnated" through.



I like the family connections that Christmas gives us. It's a good time for the kids too. It institutes giving also, which is a solid deal for folks.



I don't celebrate it , as worship, but enjoy it. I also try to give to the needy.


Jesus was probably born in September...but that is not a holy time for me either. I try to walk with Him. I am born again from above, and every day is the same to me. Covered by the BLOOD.


I hope this helps someone.









 2008/12/7 23:27
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3235
Texas

 Re:

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:

That was a very good read about Christmas that Old Joe posted. The writer seemed a sincerely Godly man not at all a Grinch - that seemed an unkind snipe, I hope it was not intended in that manner.

Regards,
white stone



Unkind snipe? no it was just an opinion,and I totally respect your opinion of the read I am very happy you enjoyed it and it Blessed you. We must all remember if we are going to participate in these online forums it really helps to develop a little thicker skin, because a thin skinned person can really get their feelings hurt and also sometimes take things personally or wrong by reading more into someones post. I am a very fair and open minded person and I can take just as much as I dish out, if not I would never post. I for one respect ever living souls opinion here regardless of if I feel there opinion is right or wrong it's very easy for me to do maybe it's a gift I have and if so I thank God for that gift.

We put up lights and we place gifts under the tree, we don't have a reindeer on the roof but I would sure put one up there if I had one, no my children are to old to watch for Santa,and yes we actually drive around the neighborhood pulling my trailer behind my truck full of hay and sing Christmas carols, now see I don't personally see any problem with that at all, why? because that is the way we personally like enjoy our family Christmas.

If I were to listen to man and mans opinions on everything I should do to enjoy life period that would be wrong in my opinion and there would be no need for God in my life. See it's very simple, you enjoy your Holidays as you wish and you will not hear one bad remark from me on how you like to enjoy your Holidays or your life period, and all I ask is the same respect and see with this sort of agreement it keeps down the strife level between folks, and lets folks live life as they feel Gods personally leads them.

There is no one that can tell anyone how God speaks to another person personally, if so God would not speak to us at all, he would just tell that person and they could just relay the message to us and it would save him a lot of time, but the God I serve comes directly to me and that is what makes him so special.It's very simple we all should just learn to live and let live, we should not be going around our whole life worrying about how folks live, don't we all have enough on our own plates to be concerned about? hey I know I do, I sure don't have the time to be concerned about how others live if so my life sure would be boring. Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. :-)


_________________
Mr. Bill

 2008/12/8 2:07Profile
Koheleth
Member



Joined: 2005/11/10
Posts: 530
NC

 Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
I have never personally belonged to any forums were the the Mods. were not allowed to voice there personal opinions they are human also, maybe they should have a clause "no pun intended" in there sig. line that there comments do not reflect the opinions of Sermon Index in general. In my personal opinion, if we we not able to consider Mike or Paul's opinions here, we would be losing out on a lot of great personal opinions and wisdom here. I would hope they would always continue to voice their personal opinions and feelings here regardless if folks agreed or disagreed with them. Trust me we have had our differences, but I would never want to shut them out even if I did not agree with them on something.



I made no attempt to shut down. I come here primarily for revival and all that goes with it. I think the mods can be asked to justify why they distinctions or divisions based on maturity, especially when the given litmus test is Christmas. Paul is free to share his opinion. It will be a bad one, however, if it has no basis in the word of God and is being aired on a revival forum. I have only given him the opportunity to show me it is instead a good one. :-)

I will air my opinion, too. I have neither condemned nor recommended Christmas in this or any public forum. Nor will you find me doing so. It is such a divisive issue, and one that will probably have such little bearing on the day of judgment. I think it is one of the enemies of revival to throw opinions about such things around at each other. These things are better left in the closet, so let's bring revival out of the closet and keep our eyes on Christ.

 2008/12/8 2:43Profile
Koheleth
Member



Joined: 2005/11/10
Posts: 530
NC

 Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Koheleth wrote:
Quote:
You did not indicate which post or thought you were referring to.


I'm sorry, I was referring to your previous post.


Quote:
What are you calling the river? Based on your post, it is what is filling up the sea of iniquity.


Yes, the rivers run down to the sea. The rain comes down and cleanses the land and the waters flow down to the sea, carrying with it all of the pollutants . . .



I would not call it maturity to be in the river that fills the sea of iniquity. James says that pure religion is to keep onesself unspotted from the world. We all know this doesn't mean to retreat from the world, but it doesn't mean to be enmeshed with the world either.

 2008/12/8 2:46Profile
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3235
Texas

 Re:

Quote:

Koheleth wrote:
I think it is one of the enemies of revival to throw opinions about such things around at each other. These things are better left in the closet, so let's bring revival out of the closet and keep our eyes on Christ.



Amen! Brother I totally agree.


_________________
Mr. Bill

 2008/12/8 2:49Profile
HeartSong
Member



Joined: 2006/9/13
Posts: 3156


 Re:

Quote:
Koheleth said:
I have neither condemned nor recommended Christmas in this or any public forum. Nor will you find me doing so. It is such a divisive issue, and one that will probably have such little bearing on the day of judgment.


The question will be:

"What have you done with My Son?"

 2008/12/8 7:27Profile
PaulWest
Member



Joined: 2006/6/28
Posts: 3405
Dallas, Texas

 Re:

Quote:
Why was it necessary, as a moderator, to call those who do not observe Christmas "weaker"


You're twisting my words. I didn't call those who choose not to celebrate Christmas "weaker"; in fact, I mentioned elsewhere that it's wonderful to celebrate Christmas, and it's wonderful [i]not[/i] to celebrate Christmas. It's up to you what you do, and where your convictions lead. You become weak when you begin pressing your insults and pagan indictments on others who choose to celebrate. One celebrates Christmas to the glory of God, the other doesn't celebrate Christmas - to the glory of God. The weak, however, will cut and paste anti-christmas propaganda to stumble those who do choose to celebrate, just like if those who celebrate were to post propaganda condemning the actions of those who choose [i]not[/i] to celebrate. Either way, celebrating or not celebrating Christmas does not commend one to God. This is all I'm saying.
Quote:
I would think as a moderator and therefore a spokesman for SermonIndex, you would guide this discussion with less personal bias, unless it is being indicated that SermonIndex is becoming a pro-Christmas site.


I think I am fair in my postings, and quite unbiased. Like I said earlier, I think it is wonderful if one celebrates Christmas, and equally wonderful if one chooses not to. Where is your argument now? Also, I am permitted to voice my opinion without speaking for all of SermonIndex. This is not a Toytota or Honda corporation where we all need to wear the same uniform.
Quote:
I think you owe a Scripture-based explanation of why those who prefer not to observe Christmas are less mature than those who do.


Since this statement is built on an erroneous assumption, and clarified above (hopefully), I see no need to give further explanation.

Have a great day!

Brother Paul


_________________
Paul Frederick West

 2008/12/8 8:24Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy