SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Single Currency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Krispy I agree with your statements on the danger of taking heed to the secular media's take on eschatological knowledge or the doctrine of end things. If you notice that whenever the history channel does a special on prophecy it is always doom and gloom now mind you the tribulation is going to be horrendous and ruinous
at the sametime this is the only element the secular media and even some christains focus on they forget the one who opens the seals and the one who ends this whole deal as victor JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS. This is just another covert way of the media saying we will not have the lord or his christ to rule over us it is a hidden way to exalt its Anti-God and Anti-Chirst mentality leaving one with no peace. It is funny to see what the word antichirst means. it means to not only be against christ but to be in place of christ. When these T.V. Shows do specials like this they are looking to replace christ and his word as the end all to all discussions on eschatology. Remember what Isaiah 26:3 tells us

[color=CC0000]The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace,[/color]

We must keep a steady balance and remember that the book of revelation is not the revelation of antichrist,satan, and the false prophet but it is a revelation of one seated upon the throne, the throne being set(fixed established not going anywhere) in heaven. It is established upon sovereignty, justice, omnipotence and every other wonderful thing God is.

2008/12/3 13:41Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Along with King Jimmy's thoughts...

Taylor,

I really do like your interpretation. We are so narrow-minded because it's all about us here in America!

Quote:
For instance, what does a cashless society have to do with the tribes in Africa and South America? Or, the remote parts of India and Tibet?

The mark of the beast is something that every person on earth either has or does not have. It is not a temptation only the "civilized" world will face.

Therefore, it may be helpful to rethink some of the modern views of what the mark really is.

This puts a LOT into perspective for me.

Thank you!

2008/12/3 14:53Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
We must keep a steady balance and remember that the book of revelation is not the revelation of antichrist,satan, and the false prophet but it is a revelation of one seated upon the throne

Excellent observation. (Edit: It is easy to lose the plot in that book!)

MC

2008/12/3 15:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wasn't saying it definitely doesn't have futuristic elements, I was just trying to give the discussion some balance and point out an assumption. I do not claim to understand Revelation with confidence.

Thats cool, Taylor. I'm no expert on Revelation either!

[b]Fuegodedios[/b]... good word, bro.

Krispy

2008/12/3 16:27
GodsFire

Re:

Praise the Lord brethren,

I believe we ought to take the book of Revelation very literally, not exactly metaphoric, but truth.

We have been to indoctrinated in this country as well as with the bible, we need to make time now to hear from the holy spirit, leave man and all of his ideologies out of it, even mine.

We need to take the book of revelation as apocalyptic and the end of thins as we know of them.

This will take meditation to the Lord, and a concentrative effort for the Lord to see our hearts and intentions as we study to be shown prophetic infomation in its entirety and accuracy just as John saw the portion he was given....

Again , I am stating that we should take the word very literally instead of figuratively, remember we have been indoctrinated both directly and indirectly to seeing the Book of Revelation in that manner.....

All as i know right now is that we as a people are in a trouble that I have not seen in my lifetime, and that it is to extreme biblical proportions globally.

Praise the Lord Jesus

2008/12/3 17:28Profile
rreighe

Re:

i dont know what to belive right now with wether revelations was a prophecy or a describing. my pastor (from central texas) was telling me that the rapture was invented in the 1830's by someone. and that revelations was written to describe the christian persecution from rome along time ago. but then again that wouldn't make sense becuase i dont remember there being 1k years of peace on earth right afterwards... i d k. i'm living my life like the rapture will happen tommorow even though it is just as much possible that it wont...

2008/12/26 22:11Profile
MarkDP

Greer, SC, USA

Re:

There are number of thoughts I would like to share with you on the subject of the rapture which I hope may help you with your question. I too have noticed that very few churches even speak of a rapture anymore.

First of all, it is evident that the early church did not have much of a question about Christ’s return. When He ascended to Heaven in Acts 1 the believers assembled were told to go and get busy because…
Acts 1:11 11 This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."
He will be coming back again in the clouds. What I have been observing lately is arrogance in modern Christianity that some how now we are more enlightened than the early church fathers. (After all, we now have computers and Bible CD’s.) From what I read, I think we would be much better to be more like the early church than for them to be more like us today.

The apostle Paul had no question about the Lords return. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

It seems that what we are saying with one side of our mouth is we proclaim the Word of God is inspired and then with the other side of the mouth discount total sections of scripture. The question as to exactly when the rapture will occur (pre, mid, etc) is an issue up for some speculation, but that it will happen doesn’t seem to be negotiable. It appears that what we are seeing is the fulfillment of 2 Peter 3:3-4
knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."

Regarding persecution of the church and tribulation, I find it helpful to separate these two by definition. Persecution being man’s wrath against man, while tribulation being God’s wrath unleashed against mankind. The church is and will continue to experience persecution; our Lord promised it. We should not judge the times from an American viewpoint. However, it is contrary to the nature of our God to unleash wrath against His Bride. 1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
We will be gone from here before that takes place. And with the removal of His Bride, the Church, will be the removal of the Holy Spirit (2 Thes. 2:3-7). I do not believe this is an escapist approach, just a Biblical one.

Blessed is the servant who is found watching and waiting when the Lord returns, for he will come as a thief in the night. There is more to share but hope this helps.

2008/12/27 0:08Profile
rreighe

Re:

it does help some. i mean when he told me that the rapture wasn't going to happen, it just didn't make sense. because if the rapture is for real, than it would happen within our lifetime or our children because prophesys are being revieled now. http://contenderministries.org/prophecy/endtimes.php that site says it. but either way i'm still trying to figure it out for sure. i need a quote in The Bible that talks about a one world curency, gov, and religion. because those seem to be the most talked about and most pointed to ideas.

2008/12/29 15:48Profile
MarkDP

Greer, SC, USA

Re: Rapture

Another helpful site is Chuck Misslers Koinonia House. I found an answer to the 1830 comment at http://www.khouse.org/articles/1995/39/ indicating it was referenced in the early church writings.

You can read or listen to his teachings. Here is a quick link to the rapture section. http://www.khouse.org/6640/BP101/

He has some very good end times info on his site.

2008/12/30 18:18Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
Additionally, mass producing 6+ billion computer chips to distribute and implant in people on a global scale is simply not practical, especially in a world that will be caught up in violent chaos. Practically speaking, it would be far easier and more efficient to get people to use some sort of everyday device they find in their own home to mark themselves with.

I agree that we should be careful not add our own ideas to Revelations as if they were part of scripture itself. That said, computer chips are actually very practical and are already used for 'branding' both cattle and people today:-

[url=http://www.antichips.com/]www.antichips.com[/url]

'Verichips' probably cost less than a dollar to mass produce. Even poor rural workers in developing countries have mobile phones these days so a tiny chip isn't going to be discarded for being too costly. In any event people would be forced to pay for it themselves just like we pay for our documents such as passports and driver's license today.

I doubt Hitler would have settled for homemade tattoos if this technology had of been within his grasp. I don't think the Anti-Christ will be any milder.

PassingThru

2008/12/30 22:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy